Are the any secret snuff recruiters out there?

I do offer snuff to those around when I take a pinch.  Quite a few people here in the region like it but don’t use snuff regularly - more than happy to have a wee bit now and then.  No one has been turned in to a regular user as yet, but there is still time

3 Likes

I do from time to time… usually get a quick “no thanks”, but every now and then someone will give it a whirl and like it.  It seems to be the menthol sensation that gets people’s approval (wasn’t the case for me).  I got my dad into it, and now he’s almost a bigger advocate than I am!

1 Like

Ended up converting a few smokers today. We had a motorcycle group ride and meet, 500+ riders in attendance. At the rest stop took out my Amber glass bottle filled with Spanish Gem Ambrosia and decided to indulge in a few pinches around the smokers. As soon as I finished my pinch and looked up I had around 20 smokers looking at me with a perplexed look, an elderly man actually knew what snuff was and took a pinch when I offered. Several of the older smokers came over and sparked up a conversation and I gave them a brief history of snuff and a quick tutorial on how to take it. 2 of them ended up snorting it and sneezing while 3 others hesitantly took a pinch and some how snuffed it perfectly. The 3 smokers who actually snuffed it asked about purchasing some and after I explained the price difference, they very well likely may be making their order right now. Either way it was a nice day out.

2 Likes

Holy crap that is a big group for riding. I don’t really like riding with more than 3-4 others though. Anyways, good job on introducing snuff to others.

2 Likes

I was a smoker and recently fully quit smoking replacing this for snuff. I do have the occasional cigarette with the drink - but its really just next to nill. I got two of my friends hooked onto it and they say they’re interested in knowing and exploring more. The trouble which @basement_shaman states about becoming a snuff daddy, I understand. Its happening to me. They totally rely on me for their next orders! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I think I would continuously educate smokers who I care about, since I think this is a good harm ‘reduction’. Well, I myself am just exploring - but yes, I am a secret promoter of snuff and will continue to be. 

@Aamon - the tutorial thingy. Neat stuff. When I do it, it makes me feel like a pro :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have already given away 2 10g. tins, to two people. In only one week snuffing. Spread the word!

2 Likes

I’ve added several other people to my recruitment.

2 Likes

The other night I was at the bar with a friend who wanted to go have a few drinks after work. When we arrived it was just my friend and I, until he spotted a few of his coworkers at the bar having a couple brews. We all got our drinks then sat down in some real comfy rolling chairs. Some conversations flew by and someone started talking about previous drug use and then the guy came into the conversation. The guy who liked to do some illicit nose candy spotted my Poschl Red Bull next to my vodka on the rocks and exclaimed “Is that snuff!” Sure is, I said. The next thing I know, he’s asking for a pinch, so I granted this pinch for him as I wished to have a snuff myself. By then my friends coworkers were asking about what was that!? You really sniff tobacco!? Then the guy started giving a brief history about nasal snuff to his friends. All the while I’m sitting back thinking, this guy is really cool. He knew about history and enjoyed things going up the nose but he did acknowledge that nowhere here in the states has he seen, heard or know where to buy, know people who enjoy snuff. The next thing I know, my Red Bull was passed around for everyone to enjoy. I thought it was be a powerhouse and blow someones head off like it does mine, from time to time but really everyone who smokes pretty tough was sitting back, relaxed and nose open like the window.

Bottom line, I do believe I’m a snuff recruiter but don’t work for money. I work to get people off of death sticks and promote a easier living lifestyle choice, instead of smelling like a ask tray. Really I don’t go about looking to shove snuff in peoples faces but get comments from onlookers when about. Sometimes people have the courage and ask, what was that. Most commonly folks at the bar who are older. Maybe people who been overseas could relate more but do get some youngins who ask.

2 Likes

“My friend’s all think I’m far too eccentric to emulate anything I do.” This. I’m the guy that listens to weird music, has an overly expanded vocabulary, and likes Rudyard Kipling and Charles Dickens. Everyone looks at me like I’ve sprouted a second head. But yes, I try to be an ambassador of this noble habit.

4 Likes

I don’t really do it in secret. I know that there are at least 20 people close to me who are now walking around with a tin of McChrystals and some with other snuffs. 

1 Like

Well, I took some in front of a group of friends the other day. One of them, a smoker, was surprised and wanted to know what it was. I offered him a large spoon of Dholakia White. He, ahem, has a history with powders, so he snorted it forcefully, with the predictable results. If he’d paused to ask me, I would have given him advice on how to take it. But he didn’t. I was kind of enjoying the sight of him changing from red to purple, eyes watering, sneezing and hacking. But what really amazed me was that when he could speak again, he asked me where the hell can I get hold of some of this stuff?! It’s great!

So I put him on to MrSnuff.

2 Likes

I have converted a few people here and there. I also did an interview on the pipes magazine.com radio show on the pipesmagazine.com website, in which a good part of the interview was about snuff.

1 Like

I have done a few snuff prize pack contests on my Facebook pipe and cigar group page, I got a decent amount of interest. Of the 4 or 5 people that I send some too, only one ended up placing an order with Mr. Snuff. I know will offer pinches at gatherings, but nothing more as I can’t afford to pay for other people’s hobbies anymore. The amount of people that turn down a pinch of Red Crest is crazy!

I use President while at work and I’m always trying to convert the smokers.

Just won possibly two people. A welder just came up and took a pinch of Wilsons Ice Licorice and was impressed. He said one of his guys was interested in trying it.

@JakartaBoy even if you told him how to take it he still would have snorted it right back, they always do no matter how much you emphasize to GENTLY sniff it.

If I’m pinching on a plane I offer it, one taker so far and gave her the last of my Toque Citrus. Met a couple of guys while snuffing at a valet and after they both tried SD Original I left them with the tin. Offered to a few in after hours work scenarios but no takers yet there. Brought out the USA W&H after a funeral and had many interested but all too embarrassed I think to try. Oh had a few couples over for a birthday a couple months ago and got 4 takers. And a few weeks ago one more.

2 Likes

I converted my older brother to snuff after I used it to quit smoking and chewing, now he is on it as hard as I am and hasnt looked back. Any time I am at the bar or in front of the hotel I use it quite blatantly in hopes that someone will ask a question and try a pinch. Have given away a few small tins in the hopes of keeping people interested.

1 Like

I was in my brother’s sports bar a few weeks back and wacked a few tins on the bar, started openly snuffing and got some interest. By the end of the night had about 5 guys coming back asking for more. They were smokers, I wasn’t peddling addictive substances to nicotine free people. 

1 Like

I began using snuff towards the end of 2016, and until now have 6 of my known to get into snuff and give cigarettes a break. Also, I use it shamelessly on my work desk, in the bar, in the cafes etc without a care in the world. I wouldnt use snuff hiding it. What is there to hide? Even if a conversation starts with someone demeaning the snuff usage, the conversation ends with me telling them the benefits and them being an ignorant lot not knowing about snuff which is the oldest form of enjoying tobacco. And they agree. Snuff recruiter - might not be a strong one until now, but promoter - I am, wholeheartedly. I do not want this industry and its usage to shrink but to grow grow grow! 

3 Likes