In need of some recommendations!

I’m a huge fan of Old Mill snuff… And every time I take a pinch, I think about two things: 1) Chef Daniel was an absolute genius and his loss is a loss for snuff as we know it. 2) I’m going to run out of my stockpile of Old Mill, and I don’t know what to do after that.

So, in preparation for that moment when I take my last pinch of Pure Virginia Toast, I’m thinking about where to go next. And I need help.

My top 5 snuffs are:

1. OM Pure Virginia Toast

2. OM Arabesque

3. OM Ivory Toast

4. McChrystal’s O&G

5. OM Sarsaparilla

As soon as I figured out how to take toasts, I fell completely in love with them. I like the deeper, more complex toasted scents as opposed to floral, fruity, or perfumed scents… Do you have any good recommendations for me?

I love Sir Walter Scott’s Lundy Foot and St James’ Parish. No scents except the toasted tobacco.

1 Like

F&T HDT Or Wilson of Sharrow IHT 22

Accept the truth. Nothing out there is going to scratch that Chef Daniel itch.

2 Likes

Dr Rumneys Brown

1 Like

Toque Almond Toast is lovely. =] 

The almond is really light compared to the toasted aroma.

2 Likes

Also Dholakia Madras Toast!

1 Like

I’d have to say try F&T HDT or even pick up some Bernard snuffs if you like complex and smokey.

Daniel’s talent was unique. F&T HDT is certainly one to go for - even with all of his own product on hand it was still Daniel’s constant companion. Toque Toasts are excellent, and you might also try Bernard Gekachelter Virginie for a plain but complex tobacco experience. Sternecker Echt Fresko is another that might appeal, although being a full-on schmaltzler the grind and feel is a lot different. You could also have a look at Rosinski snuff. I don’t know if Dave stocks it, but you can buy direct from the manufacturer. Good luck!