F&T Old Paris...mmm...

@Marielle32 Silky grind, subtle scents: WoS Strawberry M&W Mature Crumbled (very nice!) M&W Particular Toque Toffee WoS Summer Berries WoS Butterscotch WoS Vanilla (may be a little strong at first, but better after airing out) WoS Chocolate Orange GH Strawberry is nice too, but has a slightly grittier grind. However, if you can cope with it, then you might like their Dry Orange, Wild Mint, and Sea Breezes for something a little different.

@50ft_trad I think Mature Crumble is spot on. The others I think are to mutch of 1 specific sent but will be on a later list for sure !

1 Like

@Marielle32 Let me know if you want to try some Sea Breezes. I hate it, and will gladly ship all I have to you if you’d like.

@Tobe I don’t think I like it because of the absence of sweetness. I’m a sweet girl :wink:

1 Like

@Marielle32 if we talking about snuff from F&T stable I would recommend those:
F&T Seville
F&T Macouba
F&T French Carrote
and at leat F&T Santo Domingo (not so sweet(ish) but very pleasant one.
Jack

@JackGrave thank you I will put them on the list for my next order !

I’ll second that F&T French Carrote ( @Marielle32 @JackGrave)… nothing like Old Paris though, and I wouldn’t call it subtle.  Oh, and it gets mentioned a few times on the “worst snuff” thread :O).  I’d say it smells of a sweet perfume.  I probably use it every other day… which is a lot since I don’t typically do perfumed/floral snuffs.  LOVE IT

1 Like

To me, Old Paris smells like an old, musty book. It’s odd, and extremely off putting at first, but after 5 minutes it becomes slightly nostalgic and grows on me. Not one of my favorites, but a lot more pleasant than I first thought.

Do you get much of the date taste from the arrack? I love dried fruit: dates, figs etc and wonder how this compares to Johnny’s Creme De Figue. You really get the sweetness of the fig with that. I love old books too though so may have to put in an ordef for this.

@matteob Actually, yeah, I do. That would explain the sweetness. It starts with the musty book scent, but gradually gets sweeter the longer it sits in the nose. It’s not bad. Not an all-day snuff for me, but every once and a while it’s nice.

F&T Old Paris is very unique snuff or class of its own. As writen in previous postings it smells musty old leather bound books scent followed with light alcoholic tipple and after while with pleasant sweetness. As i have heard it uses its own unique blend of base tobaccos (including Cuban leaf by some rumors). Overall pleasant and fairly strong tobacco, one of my favourites.

Unfortunately i am absolutely unfamilliar with SWS Creme de Fique mainly for it quite high price. Jack

P.S. I’d fairly dislike dried dates nor dried fiqs, but Old Paris is on my top 10 list. J.

1 Like

@JackGrave you would not like Creme de Figue then as you definitely get the seeetness of the figs. I’ll try thr F & T.

Old Paris. The one I have is 3 years old. Take a pinch after reading this post. Its sweet and it really change from the first time i tried it. The only thing that I hate about Old Paris is the back drip. Bitter and not pleasant. But I can live with that. Pair it with a strong black coffee, it cover the bitter back drip and left you a sweet and fragrant aroma in the nose. Nice.

3 Likes

Wilsons ,  Sharrowmills,      have OLD PARIS,    SM GOLD    and  TOM BUCK  on sale at the moment.

Cheers.

You guys prompted me to take out my 2-3 year-old Old Paris and give it a sniff! I agree it gets better with age, but I’ll have to try again later since I really need a palette cleanse after doing six others in the last few hours…new order!

Thanks for the tip! I’ll use it sparingly and try to keep it for at least another couple years, while I order more.

I’ve tried the Tube Rose Scotch and I don’t really like it. I like some sweet/floral/fruity snuffs but not scotches. Actually I had to throw it away after a year or two due to a bit of mold. Maybe it’s the cardboard container and the fact it was in my basement the whole time, so don’t let that discourage anyone, but it has been the only one I’ve ever gotten mold with.

Two of my three fav snuffs are F&T HDT (soo good) and Santo Domingo. OP is great too. I have Macouba and Bordeaux and I like them, just not daily for sure. What other F&T would anyone recommend based on that?

2 Likes

@Psybin you would probably like Princes as well. To me, it is like a hybrid of Macouba and Santo Domingo

2 Likes

@SammyD13 as a lover of Old Paris and not so much the same of both Macouba and Santo Domingo I take a bit of exception, respectfully, to that characterization :smiley:

That 450g tub of Old Paris I ordered must have been mislabeled because I get nothing but strong floral and stings to the point of being a pH burn. No old leather, no date-like smell at all to it.

@dwhyte Did you try rehydrating it? I had some old Seville and after it was rehydrated, the flavor changed dramatically and the nose feel was better, too

All bulk snuffs I have ordered have been crap compared to the same snuff in smaller containers. Not sure why this is the case.

I do have to echo the sentiments of many here; Santo Domingo is beautiful. Initially I was really excited to try Old Paris, and while I do enjoy it, Santo Domingo is one of my Top 3 all-time snuffs.