What other rabbit holes do you like to jump down?

Probably would be coffee, but good coffee is almost important to get in Israel. Same thing goes for vodka.

A bit embarrassed, but I am also intoretro video games.

2 Likes

So many rabbit holes, so small time… Along the years I’ve gone through a bit of them, right now: Custom motorcycles, Teaching historical fencing, Learning to play the keyboard to make some synth related music, Retrogaming & emulation, BOOKS & comics, maybe they are not a lot but everyone is so vast they take all of my spare time.

@yisraeldov
Do not be embarrased about retrogaming I like it too, mostly pre-2000 consoles & home computers, those I wanted to play when I was in my youth but had no way back then, I owe it to the 11 years old boy that I was.  

Opps forgot about making mead and other alcohol.

@Wulfensteinson If you ever want to try some netplay let me know. 

1 Like

I spend my hard earned cash on fishing, tobacco, building rat-rods, blackpowder, and toys for my dog.

There are far too many at the moment for my free time. I collect and mix essential oils of all kinds at the moment I have over 600 different scents/oils. I enjoy gardening and growing anything, archery, target shooting, hunting, dirtbiking (mostly enduro lately), collecting cigars and snuff, collecting matchboxes from around the world, Vinyl, Wine and spirits, antique and old straight razors, knifes and old weapons, antique occult books, a few grand in artwork (mostly Salvador Dali), collecting and jarring any named strain types of cannabis (often make tinctures, oil, bubble and concretes), i’m constantly working on or modifying my motorcycles, Skydiving (4 lessons away from getting my licence), playing and collecting guitar and drums (collecting guitars), I also have quite a few fountain pens though wouldnt say I collect them, I do make and collect feather quills though rarely use them, mostly for art.

1 Like

Mine is pretty simple compared to everyone else. I collect old commodore 64 related books and cartridges.

3 Likes

Ham Radio is another hobby I have that just sucks money from yah. The radios are damn expensive but it’s a cool hobby.

1 Like

i collect non sport trading cards. they are worthless and cost very little to buy. i grew up in the 90’s so i just think they are cool.

1 Like

Coffee, journalling, riding a push bike, cats, yoga, low budget travel, long distance urban walking, growing vegetables, holotropic breathwork, cigars and pipes.

1 Like

Rumph pottery 20170714_092414-1

3 Likes

I collect electric guitars of certain types and black powder revolvers of the Colt and Remington design. I spend way too much money on both.

1 Like

Wet shaving, craft beer, edc items in the pocket. Hunting and fishing.

1 Like

@basement_shaman  I do love my Griswold & Wagner Ware cast Iron collection , I have quiet a lot of Griswold  a few Wagner Ware Pieces. I am also a herbalist of sorts & Encapsulate my own herbs/medicine , I also have quiet a few tinctures that I make and use. I also have quiet a few recurve bows & a large collection of military rifles , although with my health these days, I have resorted to selling off some of the guns as much as I hate to but I don’t want to pass on and leave my stuff to these idiots around here LMAO. G’Day

1 Like

@TigerJackshere I have a few hunting guns. I plan on going dove hunting soon. And I also love to cook. Hate cleaning up. If I didn’t own a house I’d live in a cave. We are kindred souls. Made mushroom soup in the Wagner dutch oven . And it is sure tasty! I save all my onion & garlic skins when the bucket gets full I cook them down discard the skins and make Ice cubes to use as stock. I also dry shiitake mushroom stems and grind them up to add to soups. Sorry for your idiots! 20170822_110514

7 Likes

Another wet shaver. I’ve only been at it a year but have enough stuff to last a few. I was kidding myself thinking I’d be saving money switching to a DE from cartridges. Next up is learning how to hone. I have four straight razors I have to maintain now.

I started getting into pipes and pipe tobacco but I’m scaling back on that and upping the snuff intake.

1 Like

I also wet shave “when” I shave that is, I have about 20 DE razors , I also like to make a batch of ale from time to time & Hard cider along with hard ginger ale once in awhile, I don’t make as much as I used to for health reasons but I do enjoy home brewing. G’Day

1 Like

I collect old dusty vinyl records

Disability and lack of income has stopped me falling down rabbit holes any more. I’ve consumed all my pipe tobacco, and have enough pipes to last me as long as I and tobacco sales continue. I have sold off a lot of the non-essential stuff too, though I still have some to offload. My world has become more streamlined and focussed, but also a lot “simpler” (though not easier) as a result.

2 Likes

@50ft_trad I hope you have some success coming your way, I know how you feel. The company I worked for closed down and just this week my cars engine died, so need to cut back on non-essentials ( can’t really think of where to cut back though ). Happily snuff isn’t that expensive and I usually sell half of my order to friends and I price that is enough to cover most of my snuffing.

@TigerJackshere Care to share a recipe for hard ginger ale ?  I used to love a really spicy ginger ale that I had in the US, but sadly the only brand that they have here is Schweps. 

1 Like

@yisraeldov Thanks mate. It’s going to be several months before there’s any glimmer of hope of any meaningful change. I’m hoping to get some extra benefits in line with my disability, I’m having more tests next week to see if they can identify route cause of the problems, and when health permits I am doing the only productive thing I can think of in this condition - writing a book. Hopefully this time next year I’ll be a published novelist.

2 Likes