Looking for a US based trading partner(s)

I don’t know if this a novel idea or not but thinking it would be nice to have a trading partner who like myself is new to snuff and super curious about different styles and mfrs. i have placed a few orders over the last couple of months and I’m slowly working through different flavor profiles, Some are already in the don’t like so much pile. I realize snuff isn’t super expensive so no huge loss, but, seems it would be beneficial to find someone else in discovery mode to do some trading with to be able to sample more mfrs and styles/flavors more easily. I’m thinking I’ll get some cheap plastic vials to mail back and forth. We can provide each other an inventory list (offline) and make selections from each other’s lists of what we would like to try, Next, toss a couple of grams in each vial and off we go. Just enough to say "yeah that’s worth getting a tin or, holy crap that’s not agreeing with me. Any takers? Dumb idea? I’m thinking this will help make more focused international purchases to larger sized tins of snuffs I already know I like instead of smaller tins I’m buying just to figure out what I like.

Yeah, that could be good. The more people we have, the chance of a larger inventory to choose from. The postage stamp snuff trade thread was kind of similar.

2 Likes

The search of the Holy Grail snuff never ends. settle on a hand full you enjoy or this time next year you will have 100 different snuffs .

6 Likes

Uh to late LMAO. Not quite to a hundred but can see it heading in that direction. 36 came in WOS sampler alone. I’m trying a bunch with about 1 hit per 5 or 6. The SG Keswick (apricot) is awesome. Lasts forever it seems. Liking Toque US Whiskey and Honey as well. Looking forward to some more toasts soon. Couldn’t get HDT in small size so that’s on hold. I’ve seen you recommend Dholakia Swiss Chocolate a few times so some of that’s on the way. Used some Toque Chocolate to make Toque Cherry Menthol tolerable. It’s been a lot of fun experimenting so far. I can see me settling down to a top ten list at some point and chilling out. Maybe…

1 Like

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

1 Like

I’m a US snuff taker, but I prefer British snuffs.

The snuff I’m after is Samuel Gawith Aniseed.

Anybody got any to trade?

I realize this is a old thread but im in the U.S. and really like the idea of trades, I do all kinds of trades with some other hobbies as well. Have a bunch of Tobacco both snuffs & Pipe Tobacco.

I like this idea and would be willing to participate. I have a relatively small collection of different snuff varieties, but I have this problem with buying larger containers. I bought 100g package of Thor’s Hammer to try just because it was a little more than twice the price but four times the size. BTW it is a fantastic snuff. I also have a nice collection of pipe tobacco.

2 Likes

This is especially a good idea with the recent hike in shipping prices

1 Like