One pack of 20 cigs equals to ? Pinches

Hi maybe it has been asked before but how many normal pinches equals to 20 cigarettes ? I m talking about nicotine intake and for exemple with high nic snuff like sws lundy foot or sws latakia blend.

Not really sure you can make an equation. A cigarette is intense delivery for a few minutes followed by “coming down.” Snuff is a more steady delivery system. In my mind, from a carcinogenic standpoint, one pack of cigs is equal to about a kilo of snuff.

1 Like

I’m not sure about how many pinches, though 25g of an average snuff would last me as long as around 30-40g of rolling tobacco. Pinching is a little subjective since I take huge pinches.

1 Like

Right if we consider 0.5 g of tobacco per roll up Cig we have there about 80 cigarettes. 25g of snufftaking equals 40g of rolling tobacco that is to say 0.3 g of snuff taking equals a cigarette. 20 cigs would mean about 6g of snuff which sounds a lot to me. The question is: is 0.3 g of snuff a big pinch ?

@Snufferdemedicis 0.3 grams is alot of snuff too much for one pinch. I know was when I was doing a cost/benefit analysis on it, a 4 gram sample of tobacco would last me 6-7 hours where 4g of snuff would last 10-12 hours. Those number were after I had quit cigarettes and seeing which would last me longer, due to all tobacco costing me around $1 per gram for rolling and for snuff tobacco where im from.

1 Like

@Roderick I was just having a conversation about this exact subject with my wife ( a neuroscientis ), regarding sugar addiction. 

@Roderick

I would also say that sugar is far worse for you than snuff. Once you get off it, it will make you sick if you try it again, but you will get hooked quickly. 

if you are asking about the health effects i say stick with snuff. snuff as much as you need to satisfy your cravings. i smoked 40 a day for 10 years and at first i snuffed a lot. then slowly started snuffing less and less after using it for only a year. it was the same way for me with snus as well. the important thing is that you are not inhaling hot smoke. carbon monoxide its extremely harmful. to me, the cravings for a cigarette are a lot more intense than a craving for snuff 

@snufferdemedicis there is approximately 12-13 grams of tobacco in a pack of filtered cigarettes.