How many snuffs do you keep in a rotation?

Only 3- 5 st a time. I don’t think I use more than 2- 3 g per day, so this keeps them reasonably fresh.

I have 2 in my pocket, McChrystals OG, and Toque LE Pumpkin Pie.

SP Bottom Mill No1 in my desk at work.

A bullet of Toque Coke/Ginger + Tiger Cola in the car.

Then I have Shabbos rotation. Same 2 Tins that I keep in my pocket come with me to shul. Then I have at home Jaxsons Queens Special and OSP. And sometimes I try a random tin at shul to see what people like.

2 on any particular day

For me, I don’t really follow a rotation. Every snuff I have is opened, and just take what I crave for at the moment. When I leave the house, I make sure to take at least three different snuffs with me. A mentholated, a sweetish snuff, and a SP or plain snuff. Often more,just to make sure I can take what I feel like at the moment. Same for pipes and pipe tobacco. No logic or strategy there…

At the minimum, a box of Indian White. Then, usually a plain fine dark brown snuff. An Indian, HDT, an SWS, Quit, for example. A fancy snuff. Recently, SWS Fields of Juniper, but it could be Violet or Spanish Gem. And then number four, which is just another one, whatever I feel like that day. So, four different snuffs will get me through most days, but I might crack open others in the evening. On a very austere, spartan day, the White alone will get me through, but I usually carry two boxes.

1 Like

About 50 :smiley:

1 Like

i have 6 sitting on my desk right now but i swap them with other snuffs almost daily

1 Like

I always have White Elephant on me and in my bag probably 5 or 6 assorted. An american scotch,HDT, Lundy Foot, Ambrosia and some Old Mill. But depends on what I happen to have…that’s my workplace variety, at home could be anything

1 Like

Traveling for the last week,  I had to survive only on:

SG - London Brown, Black Rappee, Firedance, Grousemoor, XBlend
Viking Dark
F&T - Princes, Morocco
NTSU Black
GH - Ambassador
WoS -  Best SP
Bernard Fichtennadel
Poschl - Gletscherprise
6P - Anarkali, Super Kailash
41P - White Elephant

1 Like

I always have Toque SP extra on me, and an American Scotch in the car (Bruton right now). Those are my go to, everyday snuffs. Menthols for the shower, and anything else pretty much just sits in my cabinet until the mood strikes me.

1 Like

All of 'em.

1 Like

Haha. Seems a couple years can change things. Lime toast An SP Santo Domingo O&G Everything else kinda sits right now. Ask again in two years lol.

3 Likes

Lessee…

I currently have:

1 bullet of toque quit

1 little tin of irish no 22

Wow, it’s a strange day for me, usually i have at least 3-4 different tins/bullets on me.

1 Like

I’m down to seven snuffs at the moment.

1 Like

Well into double digits. So far, and I am new at this, there is a secure place in my regulars for 6 photo Anarkali and Motia as well as coffee kick, chocolicious, and Cheeta although those are usually used in a mix. Begum green and their 3 medicated snuffs never sit still for long either. I have 5 toque snuffs that havent rested more than a day since arriving: lime toast, quit, sp extra, Spanish gem and ambrosia. I use lots of Viking blonde to make my favorite 6p snuffs more pinchable. I regularly inhale mountains of Tom Buck, and have a sniff of O&G a few times a week.

2 Likes

also forgot about the Lowen-Prise and Gawith Original tapboxes I keep by the bed.  gf made off with the latter to take on a flight.  (Think I found the one)  That’s a grand total of 19. I will be way less annoyed with the practicality of this once my snuffboxes and empty screw tins arrive.  The small 6 photo tins are especially a hassle to dip into once you get used to a using snuffbox for easy access. 

2 Likes

At work I tend to carry a bullet of toque quit, as well as a box of toque quit and recently a little barrel of Cheeta.

1 Like

I carry four small aluminum capsule in a pouch most of the time with a Brebia pipe nail Blast Natural Afghan White Dholakia White SG Pinewood Ice

4 Likes

Today i have Toque Quit, Cheeta, and toque peanut butter with me. I usually have at least 2 or 3 with me.

3 Likes

I’ve just returned to snuff after a long absence, and in the past few weeks I’ve had between one and five different snuffs with me at any given time. Right now I have two – I don’t have the pocket space for more. :slight_smile:

2 Likes