Hedges L260 at breakfast time..is there anything finer?

Hedges is the only thing that wakes me up in the morning; coffee can’t compare to this stuff. Follow it up with a spicy snuff to get my blood pumpin’, boom, you’ve got me.

1 Like

I haven’t had Hedges, but I do like to wake up to McChrystals English Menthol. Really perks me up.

I use whatever I feel like.

1 Like

@mecompo According to the WoS site, SM 500 is “The Sharrow equivalents of Hedges L260”, Has anyone had any experience with this ? Is Hedges made by WoS.

I want to try Hedges, but I prefer to order straight from the factories, I haven not had much success with ordering from the bigger stores, found that the snuff is not so fresh.

What about No 99 is that also from WoS ?

?

i like something strong and toasty in the morning

1 Like

@yisraeldov, I have both SM500 and L260. Never put them next to each other. But I might give it a try tomorrow, and see if there is a big diffenence between them two.

Btw, on topic, still have to find myself a suitable morning snuff, to get me off the sigarettes in the morning. That would be a great next step in quitting rollingtobacco…

1 Like

L260, O&G, Toque Menthol

@SvH

I just got a reply from Wilson’s.

I asked: 

On your site it says:

Super Cool

The Sharrow equivalent of Medicated 99, Super Cool has many more flavourings than just Menthol and Eucalyptus, making it a particularly pleasant strong snuff.

SM 500

The Sharrow equivalents of Hedges L260.

What does it mean equivalent, these are copies of L260 and Medicated 99 or the exact same snuff with different branding ?

Thank you.

They answered " they are very good copies"

I would be interested to hear how you think they stack up, I ran out of medicated snuff ( except for a lone can of OG ) and want to make another order. Willsons has TNT shipping and I prefer to order sraight from the factory, will I be missing out if I get SM500 instead of Hedges ? 

Also does any one know if the large wilsons tins are “vacum tins” ?

Wilson’s tins are not vac tins. But if you’re ordering from the mill ought as well order bulk.

@SandwhichIsles, even the “Large Tins” ? That is a real shame. 

I would order in bulk but I don’t go through that much snuff, I usually run out because I give away or sell to friends, can’t really do that with a bulk tin ( unless I order some smaller tins ).

@yisraeldov,  I have been compairing the SM500 and L260 now for a few hours. And for me it’s hard to tell the difference between them two. Although they are alike, i don’t think they are the same. While the SM500 seems a bit more straight forward, the L260 is a bit more complex in my opinion. I get some more scents besides the menthol from the L260, even far in the background I pick up some fresh coconut like scent? Anyway, don’t take my words for it, but I do notice a small difference… And with only a half year of using snuff, I’m not the most experienced snuffer here :wink: Actually, still a newbe…
Ok time for some Elmo’s Reserve now…

Did a comparison of Super Cool and Medicated No 99. Let me know what you think.

I haven’t found anything quite like Hedges.  The herbaceous quality of the eucalyptus and camphor along with the fine quality of the flour is hard to find.  None of the McCrystals or WoS come close.  Hedges really feels medicinal.

The 6 Foto are nothing at all like it.  I just got my super mega 6 Foto assortment and everything, even the menthols, have an Indian herbal aroma. 

Well what about Willson’s Dynamite

1 Like

Fubar Snafu Medicated is fine. Hard to believe there is any tobacco in it. 

1 Like

@tboyer I haven’t tried hedges yet. ( I have a tin that I need to get too ) but dynamite is strong but I don’t find it so medicinal.

@jbrentoniv What about WoS SM 500, it is supposed to be the same as hedges.

@yisraeldov

There may be quite a few that are just like Hedges, but I personally have not had one *just* like it.  I have really taken to the 6 Foto Medicated 66 (even though it is nothing like Hedges) - it is really, dare I say it?  ADDICTIVE! 

1 Like

I don’t find Wilsons SM500 nearly as medicated as Hedges L260. The closest thing in strength I think is Poschl Radford. But personally I prefer Hedges. Anyone know who makes Hedges? Hard to imagine with only one snuff that it’s an independent production. But I havent found anything quite like it. Like @jbrentoniv as I’ve gotten more acclimated to Hedges there’s more depth to it than just extreme medication

I like something strong, simple enough to enjoy without thinking too much but complex enough that I still enjoy it after I’ve gotten halfway into my second cup of coffee, lightly mentholated, and easy to take in the morning. Nothing that will clash with my plain black coffee/elixir of life’s flavor. Thus, in the morning I like 6P Kailash, Special, or Anarkali, sometimes WoS SP100 or Natural. If I’m feeling frisky on the menthol, I like a pinch of McChrystals Original and Genuine or Samuel Gawith Menthol with my morning cups. 

I tend to save my heavily mentholated snuffs for later in the day so my nasal passages will be nice and open by bedtime.

1 Like