Snuff Bullet Question

I got a 2 pack off eBay, use it for work, refilling as needed. They have their place when discretion is called for, rest of the time they’re pretty much useless imo. Oh and nice when driving.

2 Likes

That are exactly the reasons I like to try one . at the office and on the road .

good to have a bullet or 2 in the pocket

I have some Toque bullets and I can’t seem to get it right.

If I sniff light, nothing comes out, if I sniff hard enough for the snuff to come out it hits me in the back of the throat.

I end up just using it like a tapbox.

Is there any trick that I’m missing ?

Nope, you’ve got it sussed - use it like a tap box :wink: Some people do like using a bullet for snuff, but most don’t. The snuff is probably better condition in a tin too.

The trick is to get a snuffbox and pinch, just as quick and discreet if you know what you’re doing. The only bullets I have are for my guns, the others are designed for illicit substances.

1 Like

I keep trying for different delivery methods other than pinching. I don’t trust that my fingers are clean enough to be contaminating the snuff that is going in my nose.

I thought I would like tap-boxes, but I find them to be a disappointment as well, sometimes the snuff comes out and sometimes not, and sometimes too much, no real control. 

I just, for the life of me, cannot understand worrying about ‘contaminating’ snuff while pinching. Not that I have any problem with people who do worry about such things, mind you. I’ve seen plenty of people come through the forum with the same worry. I pinch everything and my incidence of colds and such is near zero. I just don’t understand.

@sandwhichIsles  I think it is an ocd-type thing. I know its probably fine, but I have an aversion to it, especially if I ate.

@yisraeldov  I’m with you.  I need to have clean fingers to take a pinch.  If I haven’t recently washed my hands, I’ll tap out a dose on my thumbnail instead.  At home I use a little dish to pinch from so I don’t “contaminate” my tin.
Silly me, I’m sure.

@yisraeldov I heard of people modifying those bullets by making the draft hole larger.  

Any of the holes can be drilled bigger. 

For the acrylic (plastic) one, avoid using a drill (it’ll drill too fast and can melt it). Drill the holes by hand (use locking pliers to twist the bit). If you’re really going bigger, drill one size at a time or the bit will get stuck. With some of the plastic bullets, the holes do not line up and boring them out is necessary for the bullet to function the way it’s supposed to. Finally, take it apart and blow it out really good.You can have your bullet fine-tuned and customized in less than five minutes!

Not really, it’s possible to enlarge the dosing chamber slightly, but not by much. If you enjoy the snuff bullets, you should check out the Snuffmaster. It doses both nostrils at once with the push of a button.

1 Like

I just started using my bullets again for a change, and I’ve found I really appreciate them.  First thing to do, of course, is check that the snuff actually works in a bullet - finer grinds are best, moist clumpy snuff just won’t drop into the dispensing chamber at all.  So some snuffs will always require a different type of container.  Second, there was a tip I read on here ages ago for increasing the amount, without having to attack the bullet with the supplies of your nearest hardware store. Fill the chamber the usual way, but then hold the bullet upside-down between thumb and forefinger of one hand, and rotate the chamber “handle” with the other - the snuff in the chamber should drop out and be held in the bullet by your thumb.  Then, turn the chamber back the other way to receive more snuff, rotate, and, still keeping the bullet between thumb and forefinger, turn the bullet the right way up.  You now have a “double-dose” which will give you a good amount as a pinch tapped out onto the back of the hand or whatever.  It’s very simple but my explanation might appear a bit over-complicated.  Sorry - the longer I make this post, the more time i can avoid Lady Ga-Ga on the Superbowl half-time show!  Anyway give it a go - it works well and is quick once you get the hang of it.

2 Likes

i find if i just barely breathe in i can use one chamber full for both nostrils i can do it with cheeta as long as i flick the chamber first

metal bullets work good for me.
b-(

when i use them.pinch prefered.
:-"

Regarding the Toque snuff bullets, are these reusable? I’m looking to get more acrylic bullets and to place a Toque order but could kill two birds with one stone.

1 Like

Twist bottom off.

1 Like

@SammyD13 absolutely. I was at one of the kids’ plays last night discreetly enjoying cheeta with a hint of highland ice from a refilled toque bullet They aren’t perfect but they do work. On my two I had to open the air hole - not what they call it on plastic but they were sealed shut by what I’d call casting flash

1 Like