Review - Railroad Mills Checkerberry Snuff

Yep… Wintergreen is is!

The taste and scent is Teaberry like Beamans Gum ! Clark’s also made Teaberry gum ! Big in the 50s.

Every once in a while I’ll run across Teaberry gum in dollar store or some out of way place and snatch it up! :slight_smile:

For fellow members that may have an interest in Checkerberry, I may have some news. 

I recently wrote to Swisher International as I understand that Checkerberry was a Helme/RR Mills product. They responded that since my local grocer carries Swisher snuffs already, I need only have them order it for me. So, tomorrow, I am going to see the manager of the store and see if he or she can order it. If I can get them to order, I will offer to buy a case. If I can get a case, I will be happy to share with fellow snuff takers. 

4 Likes

@JosephJames you are a gentleman and a scholar !! =D>

1 Like

@JosephJames. Count me in for at least one tin. If I like it, I’d get another one.

2 Likes

Guys, i will do what I can. Maybe the fact that I have cleaned out their supply of Superior snuff will sway them to place the order :wink:

1 Like

They are probably more likely to order it for you, especially since you are willing to buy a case.

Just left the grocery store. Manager had me write down the snuff, my name and number. Hopefully he can get it. I bought $60 worth of railroad and navy while in there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice

Never heard from Food Lion. I bought a can from MrSnuff. It arrived today and I have to say my first scent association was Skoal. It’s not bad. It’s not going to be a favorite for me, but it is a good snuff for wintergreen fans.

1 Like

This snuff is so moist I might actually dry it out a bit. I got a new can around Jan 20, and it’s been my night time snuff. I have to use the flat end of my snuff spoon and shovel heaps into my nose, as it’s just too moist a snuff to pinch. Though with it being so moist it does pile very easily on the snuff spoon.

2 Likes

Now available at northerner.com:

https://www.northerner.com/eu/railroad-mills-checkerberry-nasal-snuff

2 Likes

Now this I gotta try

2 Likes

@baconpete Northerner ships to Canada.

2 Likes

@volunge Nice, thanks.  Looks like they have a pretty good selection too and even a snuff I haven’t heard of before called Oddwolf

2 Likes

@baconpete, someone at Snuffhouse mentioned that Oddwolf was made by Bernard. I suspect it could be far from fresh. Discontinued WoS snuffs at northerner are 100% stale, avoid them. I got some dried-out and badly rusted tins.

V2 Thunder snuffs, Neffa, Jaxons and American dry snuffs might be quite fresh, though. There are two Molens snuffs, too. All the rest nasal snuffs are too overpriced there.

2 Likes

@volunge Ah okay, yeah I got excited when I saw WoS Rosemary but thought just that. I do need that checkerberry though, some snus sparked my interest but I’m not much of a snuser. 

1 Like

Does anyone know if Checkerberry is still made? I have spent a long time searching on Google, and can’t find one single reference to it that is current and valid. It’s 2022 now, so I will be surprised if anyone reads this, since thread is from 2017.

1 Like

While I haven’t a clue, @MississippiReb (if he is still on here or through his youtube channel) should be able to find out and possibly even hook you up with some, if still available.

2 Likes