Latakia snuff?

WTF Where are you suppose to smoke if not in you home?

5 Likes

probably special government “smoking centers”, same place they install the cerebral chips
^#(^

2 Likes

@basement_shaman I have whiney apartment neighbors who will immediately start banging on the door and being pricks about it haha

@Bizarrestaff It feels wrong to “like” your comment so I held off… but I know exactly what you mean!  My neighbors once complained to the association when I baked a loaf of bread from scratch.  Who doesn’t like the scent of freshly baked bread?!

1 Like

Back in the late 80’s I was renting one side of a duplex in East Texas.

My neighbors on the other side of the duplex were horrible.  They stole cantaloupes, watermelons, and tomatoes from my garden.  I caught the wife one night in my back yard taking the LAST watermelon.  I confronted her and she screamed at me that I was “no better than a nigger” because I wasn’t born in TX and didn’t belong here.  (Sorry about the bad word… I don’t use it, and writing it just made me cringe.) She then broke the watermelon by throwing it to the concrete and stomping it.

Their dog barked all day long and most of the night.

They liked to lay around the house all day drinking, and whenever I left to go to college, or to work they always had a few choice words for me that I tried to ignore.

One evening I was cooking Kimchee in my kitchen, and I do admit it stunk up my whole place and probably theirs too.  They called a cop who showed up on my porch pounding on my door.  He asked me what kinda drugs I was making in my house.  I told him I was just cooking kimchee.  He said it was horrible, and now he understood why the neighbors were always calling him about me.  I was surprised and told him the neighbors never complained to me, they just stole from me and cussed at me a lot.

Then I invited him inside and told him I wanted to show him something.  I took him back to my closet and pulled the duct tape  off of the knot hole in the back of my closet and showed him the pot grow they had in their closet.  I lied to the cop and said I only just found out.  The truth was I’m a “live and let live” kinda guy and I knew for a couple years, but those neighbors pushed me over the edge.

2 Likes

I remember doing a renovation to an apartment in San Francisco where a pipe smoker had lived.  I honestly thought the walls were painted yellow.  Once I hit them with the TSP it all started coming off and I was disgusted.  I thought, “wow, just think what his lungs must have looked like?”  Ten minutes later I was outside smoking a Lucky-non.  

1 Like

Any other latakia snuffs still available?

@Psicko I’ll be making my next big ol order here pretty soon but I’ll be searching and letting you all know haha

Sounds good.

@Psicko De Kralingse Latakia AO 1860 Was Dark fired Kentucky 

1 Like

@lunecat, yeah it is pretty different but the smoke aspect is what reminded me of OET, not really the rest of it. Although I have to say I have enough Latakia Blend to further and more deeply investigate :slight_smile:

SWS makes a good mixer. It very smoky on it’s own. 

2 Likes

I purchased on a whim Sir Walter Scott’s latakia snuff. I knew latakia from pipe smoking. In a snuff I wasn’t sure what to expect. Thought it might be a bit overwhelming. But willing to give it a shot.

Wow. Loved it. I love camping and an outdoor fire. Fall in general. This snuff puts me in mind of those good times. I have done this snuff all day. After a while there’s a lingering of licorice of anise on the roof of my mouth. Nice and spicy…

4 Likes

I have just found this, almost two years after the original post.

I remember seeing Uncle Squinty sitting outside to enjoy his pipe, but I haven’t heard of any law banning smoking in your own home yet.

Without hijacking this away from Latakia, can anyone simply explain this home smoking rule, and where is ca.?

As for Latakia, I bought 25g of Samuel Gawith Latakia Pipe Tobacco.  I grind a teaspoon of it in a mortar and pestle, then blend it with a tablespoon of Viking Brown.   I like the result, and it just needs keeping in an airtight container, no refrigeration.  Only problem her in Great Britain is the terrible taxes on pipe tobaccos. 

1 Like

I think the home smoking rule is that you cannot smoke inside a house with children in it. CA is California.

3 Likes

Thank you for that   @n9inchnails

1 Like

SWS Latakia Blend and Black rappee are the only ones that does not make me sneeze at all. I don’t know why. Am I allergic to all of these others I have ? So I ve just tried a new mix Latakia with Mull of oa. I put too much Latakia I think but I think I have to wait a while for the scents to really mix.  So relaxing and I feel like I have a little fever as I don’t use tobacco a lot anymore my last cigarette was in 2013. I just vape and snuff a bit when I want to relax more.

The scent of latakia lasts a very long time in the nose. Definitely everyone should try it once in his life.

I created a blend several years ago called Desert Campfire.

Have you tried that one?  Would you like to?  :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Cobguy 's Desert Campfire is something to experience! I’m not a smokey snuff guy typically but wow … smells like brimstone to me. And lasts all night, the aroma

2 Likes

Just ordered some leaf tobacco, including 1/4lb of latakia. Anticipation begins…

2 Likes