Interest in small batch runs

@jmahes,  I got these sticks from a friend along with some regular (plain) Mapacho:

The plain Mapacho makes a nice smoke and that’s what I used it for.  However, the clove scented is too much for me to smoke but makes a nice snuff with a kick.

1 Like

How would you describe smoking mapacho?is it similar to a strong rope-twist,a strong plain virginia or pure burley etc?

It’s like a cross between Cigar leaf and Burley, IMO.  Definitely not like a Virginia.

Less sweet than most rope / twists I’ve tried and stronger too.

It’s not smokey like a Dark Fired either … just a robust natural flavor.

If you are a fan of heavy Burley blends and full strength cigars then I’d recommend it.

I just ordered another 2 pound Peruvian Mapacho Log , I like it as a smoke but it makes a wonderful snuff with a really good nic hit. G’Day

1 Like

@TigerJackshere:

Very nice … would you agree with the description I gave for flavor when smoked?

@Cobguy Yes I agree with your description of the flavor ,  G’Day

Where does one order these Mapacho logs from?

At that price I would be interested too.

@Zanaspus
Ebay  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mapacho-Tobacco-roll-20x-stronger-than-American-2-2-2-pounds-/262672834431?hash=item3d28855f7f:g:sFwAAOSwzaJX6Grc

See if that link works. You would have to grind it yourself.

Thank you my friends.I will definetely buy some log…I love the Toque rustica and from what you have said
mapacho would be a delight for my pipes!

Has anyone bought mapacho from this?reviews?

http://shamandealer.com/en/

Interested in purchasing.

PM Sent to all members on the list so far.  

1 Like

Hey, Cobguy! Still making batches these days?

Will be dabbling this spring with some of last seasons crop. Small production homemade snuff and snus.

1 Like

I’d be interested. Clove mapacho sounds interesting, as does chocolate eclair.

Hey gang … It’s been awhile!  

This last year turned into a roller-coaster of starting a new job, buying a house and moving. 

I’m still planning on making snuff batches and hope to get involved with OSP Snuff.

Chris (Hitsuzen) will be getting a few samples in the mail this week for review.

Thanks for the interest and stay tuned!  :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Cobguy, Hey, how’s everything since I last saw you? I got busy as all hell, and went through some drama.

@Psicko … things are getting stable here finally.  :slight_smile:

That was a lot of change in a short time and we took in 2 of our grandsons

for a short term as well.  Craziness!  LOL

Hope you’re doing well and the drama has ceased.