Interest in small batch runs

@Cobguy, can’t wait! :slight_smile:

Much mahalos!! :-c

@Stoveburn … added to my list, thanks! 

1 Like

I’d be interested in one of your scented batches.  Chocolate Eclair perhaps?  Or do I recall a girlscout cookie snuff with your name on it?

@SHBickel, The GS Cookies was one of the first and is gone … good memory!  :)

I do currently have a small amount of Chocolate Eclair left if you’re interested.  PM Sent.

1 Like

I don’t want to commit to it as funds are always sketchy, but I’m definitely interested.

So happy your making blending a business , The snuff world need more state side Artisans , I only heard good thing about your snuff. Sorry I can be a paying customer, if I could I would support your efforts .  

@Zanaspus and @basement_shaman … thanks for the feedback.

No commitments at this point, just wanting to get a general feel for how many folks may be interested.

Thanks for the encouragement to keep on going as well … PM’s sent to you both.  

Take Care,

Darin

Sweet, thanks. Yeah, I’m in. Anyway to get the girls cout thin mint cookie back? Depends on pricing for how much I would get. If our schedules match up, I could even help out if you needed.

@Psicko, Another round of chocolate-mint is certainly possible but it won’t be exact because I wasn’t writing down recipes yet when that was made. (DOH!)

As for pricing, I’m not looking to quit my day job. LOL   The total cost of materials will be kept track of and I will pretty much donate my time.  A slight increase over the total expense plus shipping is all I would ask.  A good guess is around $10 per 50 grams.

If we can hook up on a “cook day” you’re more than welcome to join me!  :)

@cobguy. Sounds good. As someone who makes their own pipe blends, you have to write stuff down. I haven’t had the original, so if it’s good, that works. I usually have the latter part of the week off. That would be cool to join you on a cook day.

@CobguyHi bud, If your prices end up being anywhere close to what your predicting I will try a few of your snuffs I’m sure . I make a few of my own snuffs myself, but I am not looking to make to sell. We need a snuff dealer in the states that wont charge us over 400.00 dollars a pound!  I will support any normal pricing even a bit more than you mentioned just not over board as others have done. Anyway Good Luck Sir & G’day

@TigerJackshere … thank you very much!

It’s looking pretty good for an initial run!  I just got in some really nice Aged Burley “Red Tips” from a grower in KY.  These are the top few leaves only from the plant and have a strong, robust scent.  I’ll begin the process this next week and keep it updated on this thread.  Also, I’m making a VERY small batch of a Clove scented snuff out of Peruvian Mapacho and will have it in small quantities (10g likely). 

Thank you very much for the support and encouragement … stay tuned!  :slight_smile:

1 Like

Would love some eclair if that comes around again!

@Tshaq … PM Sent!  :)

@Cobguy, clove scented Mapacho? Sounds amazing

@jmahes,  I got these sticks from a friend along with some regular (plain) Mapacho:

The plain Mapacho makes a nice smoke and that’s what I used it for.  However, the clove scented is too much for me to smoke but makes a nice snuff with a kick.

1 Like

How would you describe smoking mapacho?is it similar to a strong rope-twist,a strong plain virginia or pure burley etc?

It’s like a cross between Cigar leaf and Burley, IMO.  Definitely not like a Virginia.

Less sweet than most rope / twists I’ve tried and stronger too.

It’s not smokey like a Dark Fired either … just a robust natural flavor.

If you are a fan of heavy Burley blends and full strength cigars then I’d recommend it.

I just ordered another 2 pound Peruvian Mapacho Log , I like it as a smoke but it makes a wonderful snuff with a really good nic hit. G’Day

1 Like