R.I.P. Chef Daniel Richard of Old Mill Snuff (1957-2016)

This is really devastating. I don’t have many words to say. I’m really sorry for his Family and send a lot of love to them.

1 Like

I am so sorry to hear this. This is devastating news. My most sincere condolences to his family. I will miss him.

1 Like

I too only knew Daniel through emails but I could tell he was a fine man and a creative genius. I am saddened by his sudden passing and my prayers go out to his family and loved ones. 

1 Like

Very sad news.

I always enjoyed his contributions here and this news feels like losing a family member.

My deepest sympathies to his family and my prayers for him.

1 Like

Rest in peace, old bear. May you find the most delicate snuffs where youre t now.

1 Like

Daniel was a class act and a genius when it came to snuff. He treated me very well these past few years and I always enjoy my communications with him. I pray for his family and loved ones.

1 Like

A horrendous loss to the snuff community

May he RIP.

1 Like

RIP Chef

Gone but never forgotten.

2 Likes

Very unexpected and sad news. Only ever shared a few PM’s with Daniel but always enjoyed reading his witty and informative posts. He came across as a true gentleman in every respect. A great loss to the community indeed. RIP Sir.

2 Likes

I am sorry to hear this. Unfortunately, I was never able to order any of his snuff. However, reading this site, it is easy to see what a stellar reputation he has.

2 Likes

Wow, this is heavy. As you said, Daniel is a loss for all mankind.  Prayers and good vibes heading to his family.

@BenZion Thanks and respect to you for helping his family in the aftermath of such a devastating loss.  You’re a good friend.  I’m curious if Chef Daniel kept a recipe book in some fashion.  I would hate for future snuffers to lose the possibility to experience Old Mill snuffs.

1 Like

I’m at a complete loss for words.  I never met him personally, but we spoke through email and over the phone every few weeks.  This is devastating.

2 Likes

R.I.P Chef, such a great man. Very sad loss.

2 Likes

Rest in peace Chef. Condolences to his family. We will all miss you, have we met or not. :frowning:

2 Likes

What a shame, he always was top notch the few times I spoke with him, and his knowledge will be missed. RIP Chef.

2 Likes

RIP Chef. Words fail me. I raise a glass of 15yr Ben Nevis

2 Likes

I can’t believe it.  So sad.  We’ll miss you Chef Daniel.  RIP.  Thanks for keeping us informed @BenZion.  I only knew Daniel via emails, but that’s all that was needed to know what kind of guy he is.  He once sent me a tin of his beloved discontinued Redcrest, and offered to do so for free, just because he was a nice guy.  

2 Likes

Today is a sad day for me, my condolence for his family a his friends

2 Likes

Here is his obituary:
http://www.gallatinnews.com/daniel-richard-cms-17703

3 Likes

WTF

1 Like