Who hates vaping besides me?

Vaping is expensive compared to snuff IMO because with vaper, you need to get atomizers and different burners or box mods etc…

I don’t hate vaping, it’s just that I started to like it at one point till I learned about snuff, then all my pens just stay where they’ve been for months, in the drawer.

1 Like

I love vaping. I have been doing it for around 4 years now. Learned to build on mech mods. Learned OHM’s law and spent countless hours teaching safety. I loved smoking cigarettes. I just hated the taste and the potential nasty cancer bit. However hipsters have invaded the scene. Within their arrogance, I have been insulted day in and day out by them working in shops having no clue about the products they sell and their general piss poor attitude. I order juices, wire mods and batteries online just to avoid dealing with these morons. However with my busy lifestyle and the inability to have a fox whenever I like because now its legally in the se class as cigarettes, I’m very turned on to snuff as a flavorful companion to my Variable Wattage mod.

2 Likes

@mrsniffles vaping can be expensive. But if you restrain from buying a new atomizer every month your costs can be as low as $60 a month. I was spending upwards of $400 a month on cigarettes before I made the switch.

1 Like

Jesus, why start a thread bashing another means of helping people quit smoking? Anyway, back on topic-I never much got into vaping because of how expensive it can get and not really knowing how dangerous the chemicals are. I would also bet people seeing someone stick tobacco up their nose would be labeled as gross or a hipster.

1 Like

The only possible unknown variable iin juice (from good manufacturers) is the synthetic nicotine. You can buy PG in health food stores or Walmart in medical grade and most pharmacies carry VG. Most flavoring you buy online are food grade as well. Even if they fond something down the road that is a danger, it still is hardly as dangerous as smoking a cigarette or any other form of combustible.

I smoked 20 years. The day I vaped I quit and have not touched a cig in 4 years. I quit because work, restaurants, hotels… etc became illegal to smoke in my state. I thought cool I will just start vape instead. Now I can’t vape in public because it’s banned everywhere so I’m going to throw out my rig and snuff instead. Next they will ban snuff import and I will be fubar. Seems like the gov won’t leave me alone. Last time I was in the hospital was never so don’t give me that B.S about how I am a drain on healthcare. P.s. when I vape in public I hold it in after a hit and blow out no smoke. If I didn’t hold the rig to my mouth you couldn’t even tell I was doing it… just want my nicotine and to be left alone.

4 Likes

I buy 32 oz bottles of e liquid for 48 buck and it last me all year. I change my insert 2 times a month… comes out to about $10 a month to vape. My buddy smokes 2 packs a day and it cost him 12 bucks.

1 Like

Vaping and the TPD discussed in the Lords Grand Committee 10/05/16

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQckjBjxCls

2 Likes

Right on @trotro !

photo IMG_20160804_1608087_rewind_zpse09pi4jr.jpg Cost $50 for a bottle that last me a year.

1 Like

photo IMG_20160804_1609005_rewind_zpshbdwujfj.jpg Soon to cost $18 for a 3 day supply. I make $9,000 a year for a family of 3 and can’t afford e juice anymore. Going to switch to the least harmful tobacco which is snuff. Thanks government for getting me back to tobacco and killing me. Hope the lobbyists paid for a nice second vacation home for you.

1 Like

@RobertAnderson where are you? hopefully not the States. thats as much as a cig habit costs! 

i like how this thread has turned into a general vaping thread. i wish i could rename it to something less sarcastic haha. im trying to get my mom to try vaping btw. my dad hates her pack a day habit

1 Like

@peacock yeah I live in Illinois. The tobacco act goes into affect 2018. You got about 16 months till the ball drops to get your parents off cigs. After that every flavor (menthol, blueberry, cherry) from every manufacturer Will need to be fda approved. The cost will be millions per flavor. So if you have 30 flavors in your inventory you better I have a large bank account. This cost will get passed to the consumer of course. Driving out most low cost choices. From what the video above shows the u.k. is doing the same thing. Along with it they are also lowering the quantity you can purchase. No more bulk. Just a matter of time before they add a luxury tax for healthcare purposes. So instead of choices we will be stuck with a few top players in the game and inflated prices. In the end the price will be almost the same per day as cigarettes. People will say $#=@ it I may as well be smoking cigarettes. Win for tobacco companies and big pharmaceutical. They have already talked the public into Deming it a public nuisance and I get looked at like I am a smoker again. My wife’s grandma tells us every time we see her that we should go back to cigarettes because e cigs are dangerous. Scare the public, control the facts, destroy the competition. I’m giving up and moving on to snuff happily. If you wanna vape get bulk before 2018 or your wallet is going to pay. Just my 2 cents.

@Robert Anderson well i can understand the want to regulate it to prevent actual harmful things from being put in e juice. however, everybody with half a brain knows you cant trust the fda because they are in the pockets of big business. the 18 dollar price tag might not be accurate either. the fda may just come up with a list of approved ingredients as they do with many other things. we will have to wait until 2018 to see how all this will pan out. in the mean time, buy up a lifetimes supply of juice if it doesnt go bad

1 Like

@RobertAnderson Makes me glad I’m in Canada. As of right now it’s has only gone as far as treating it like cigarettes. So no vaping indoors in public places and whatnot. It’s being handled provincially instead of federally, and as far as I know, we are not adopting the USA’s plan to make juice makers pay up the yin yang. However the concentrated flavors can be reliable as food flavoring (actually, that’s how they were sold as before vaping took off) and they can use that to get around the FDA’s ruling. Big tobacco wants to monopolize the vaping industry. Just follow the money. Shut them down by buying up all the PG, VG and concentrated flavors that you can and don’t pay them a cent, or the tax the federal government will impose upon big tobacco for regulated e juice.

1 Like

Well, I vape, and its the ONLY THING that helped me quit smoking. Same with my dad, my wife, my neighbor, and countless friends. I saw a comment up here that said otherwise, but I’m living proof along with countless others that it does work. you can hate vaping all you want, but it helped me.

Also, it’s not quite a fad seeing as it’s been around for over 10 years…

3 Likes

oh no, not this thread again, why wont it just die?! what is it about the internet that makes people so sensitive? 

It also makes some people insensitive. :stuck_out_tongue:

^ ha! your point has been received!