How many grams do you snuff daily?

Anywhere from 0.5g to +5g.  It varies greatly depending on my mood and how many other tobacco products I use that day.

2 Likes

Not very much at all. I never was a cigarette smoker, so I don’t crave nicotine. I do smoke pipes and cigars so I do like my nicotine, just not one of those people who can’t live without it. Snuff gives me the nicotine I want and the bit of alertness it gives me.

2 Likes

A reasonably researched estimate would be 6g to 7g per day. None of this ever ends up all over my shirt front, the dashboard and floor of my car, my desk and keyboard at work, nor the kitchen table, floor etc.etc. etc. Lol !!!

3 Likes

@Omgroma, dashboard! I only have to clean my car interior regularly , not due to my little kids, but due to my White Elephant habit. Hehe

1 Like

I haven’t gotten the hand of pinching at the wheel yet. It just doesn’t feel right to me, probably due to how I snuff. I have tried, but I tend to end up wearing it, or snuffing too hard, or just not enjoying it. It’s not so much that snuffing adversely affects my driving, but that driving adversely affects my snuffing :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

@50ft_trad , yeah I snuff when stopped. If I tried to do it while driving, would probably not end well. I can snuff SG coarse snuffs without looking and spilling but the fine Whites are another story. Might be more dangerous than texting and driving.

1 Like

Haha you bring up a good point @50ft_trad.  I use my keychain snuff flask on the road, but if I’m trying to do it while actually driving, I usually wind up with a tablespoon of HDT in my boxcar, snuff all over my face, and no free hand to do anything about it.  

1 Like

@jmahes @SeanOCDPx I took a pinch whilst out walking earlier today, and made a mess of that too X_X I certainly seem to fare better when static.

3 Likes

5 grams a day. I tested it once and a fully packed 10g tin lasted pretty much two days. Not much variation there either. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@50ft_trad, that’s why l I like my fave brown coat- can’t tell when snuff is all over it :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would say about 1g per day. Probably will increase when I quit smoking completely.

I snuff tobacco not Grams. It’s a disgusting hobby but then again, I am a disgusting person in some peoples eyes ,but I don’t judge. Just another Joe, here at Snuffhouse. They don’t know what their missing. 

3 Likes

I use approximately 1-3 grams a day, lesser on weekdays, more on weekends. 

I’d have to say around 5 grams now. I’ve almost finished a 25g tin of SG Elmos Reserve I received about a week ago, though that being said it is Elmos Reserve!

I need to show this to my wife - I recently finished a 10g Gletscher Prise and am almost through a 5g Ozona…the Prise I bought at least 6 weeks ago and the Ozona maybe 4 weeks ago.  I use a few others very occasionally (hmmmm, Alpina!), but the bulk of my snuffing is from those two.  

I thought I was hitting it fairly hard, but you are all putting me to shame.  I am a mere amateur compared!

2 Likes

best i could guess, maybe 25g a week

I’d say 10 - 15 but I have opened and finished off a 25g tin of Samuel Gawith : Banana in a day ! I hope I don’t get Addicted !

1 Like

Haha, are you guys snuffing with a funnel or something ? What kind of freaky noses do you have ?

I don’t think I could snuff over a gram a day without drinking alcohol, which really sucks.

When I was a smoker I would smoke between 3-7 cigs a day, more would make me feel extremely intoxicated. 

With snuff I even tried to up my tolerance because I enjoy it that much, but too much just makes me feel nauseous very quick.

Not being able to snuff as much as I want is distressing, I want to take bigger pinches.

A 5g-tin lasts a week for me :slight_smile:

I am new to snuff-taking but can see the amount increasing over the new months.

My consumption rate still varies wildly, but I calculate how long my stash will last based on 2g per day. If I stuck to just one snuff, I reckon a 10g tin would probably last me anywhere between three days and a whole week. If I use much more than 3 or 4 grams in a day, I can end up with a snuff hangover the following morning. They’re not fun. Feels like I’ve had a monster drinking session. Rather surprising considering this time last year I was smoking 30+ cigs per day.

1 Like