How many grams do you snuff daily?

I’d say 3-5, sometimes a little lower.

2 Likes

0.5-2, depends on the the type of snuff, what I’m doing that day etc.

2 Likes

Probably around 3 grams a day at most if I’m primarily snuffing.  (I’m guessing, since I rotate among various tins, and therefore I can’t judge just from seeing the level drop in a tin.)  On days when I’m hitting the pipe pretty hard, it might be 1 gram or less.

1 Like

I’m with Jernej…  0.5-2 daily.

1 Like

Maybe 3g. Seems an awful lot more than that when I’m givin’ it some hammer whilst watching teevee and supping ale of an evening but the tins seem to empty sooo slowly. How’s that work?

2 Likes

It varies massively here. As a rolling average over the last month since quitting cigs, I’ve probably done maybe 4-5g a day, maybe as high as 10+ on some days when the cravings were intense (which really made my nose hurt). Today has been pretty light use, and for no particular reason. It’s now 6pm, and I wouldn’t be surprised if I’ve used less than 1g so far. For reference, I’ve also had one pipe bowl and about 1.5ml of 18mg vape juice. Not bad considering I was smoking 30+ per day. I expect to settle down to a rolling average of around 2-3g, but it could still easily vary from 0.5g to 5g+

3 Likes

I’d guess in the neighborhood of 3-5

1 Like

Maybe 3 grams once a week, but 1 gram or less most days.

1 Like

I wear more than I get to stick in my nose .Does that count? rolling on the floor laughing out loud =))

13 Likes

Considering how much is in a 10g tin, I probably don’t exceed a gram, but I take so many different snuffs throughout the day so it’s hard to tell.  I’m going with 1g.

1 Like

I agree, it’s very difficult to estimate usage when you’re bouncing between many different varieties. I tend to think in terms of the 5g WoS tins when estimating, and how long one of those would last me. Another way is how long a Mr Snuff Roccoco snuffbox would last, which holds about the same ammount. I’ve still not figured out how much my normal pinch size equates to in weight

4 Likes

I think 7gr would be my high side. I think my true average is around 5gr. I tested this by packing a small Old Mill tin full of HDT. And only used this one day and killed definitely more than half that tin

2 Likes

I would say on a good day any where between 2/4 Grams within a day if I am crazy busy at work. Keeps me going. 8-}

2 Likes

Maybe a gram or so a day. I snus also so sometimes the snuff gets neglected just because snus is more convenient at times.

2 Likes

I use as average 0.5 - 1 gr but i vape also. I don’t use tobacco in other forms than snuff.

3 Likes

Anywhere from 0.5g to +5g.  It varies greatly depending on my mood and how many other tobacco products I use that day.

2 Likes

Not very much at all. I never was a cigarette smoker, so I don’t crave nicotine. I do smoke pipes and cigars so I do like my nicotine, just not one of those people who can’t live without it. Snuff gives me the nicotine I want and the bit of alertness it gives me.

2 Likes

A reasonably researched estimate would be 6g to 7g per day. None of this ever ends up all over my shirt front, the dashboard and floor of my car, my desk and keyboard at work, nor the kitchen table, floor etc.etc. etc. Lol !!!

3 Likes

@Omgroma, dashboard! I only have to clean my car interior regularly , not due to my little kids, but due to my White Elephant habit. Hehe

1 Like