NC arya madras

I just wanted to review this real fast. I first received it and I wasn’t overwhelmed, dunno what it was, but just didn’t see much rotation. Lately I’ve been hitting it like a beast! It’s buttery, nutty, so flavorful, I don’t know what changed, it wasn’t airing it out either. Imagine eating butter roasted mixed nuts. This is so goddamn good! It’s been my all day snuff for the last 3 or 4 days. I couldn’t edit my listing in the bazaar any longer, suffice to say I don’t have enough to share anymore lol.

I like this snuff too. I also have another Madras, NB something or other, and I like it more. I’ve never seen it for sale anywhere. I got it from a member here a few years ago. You can get the TPS at Hookah 1, but you have to buy a 12 can case. 

1 Like

I think for these particular snuffs that a case is an appropriate order size. Sure for people that haven’t tried it yet you might be a little apprehensive about such a large amount, but once I tried it I knew it was something I’d always want on hand. They sell the tps too which although also being the same style has a very different flavor so it makes sense to buy both for variety. NC is more natural tobacco and savory, tps sweeter and slightly perfumed.

3 Likes

786  Heck yea, I love both of the Madras snuffs carried by Hookah1, though the TPS Thangam is my all-time favorite.  I have a snoutful of NC Arya as I type

1 Like

I only use the Madras snuff occasionally, but I did buy the Himalaya from Hookah 1, and even though I thought I’d never use that much(like 12x50grams), I find myself loving it all the time. The only downside is it’s very black, and I end up with black snuff all over my lip and my girlfriend complaining that I’m a disgusting slob!

3 Likes

@mrmanos NB has unfortunately been discontinued. Glad I stocked up while I could. NC is wonderful stuff. I find myself going through spurts where I use Madras snuffs almost exclusively until I burn out on it. Then I put it away, and a few months later I’ll get tge urge again. Right now I’m all about the Dholakia Madras Toast. Any of you guys tried it yet? I can’t put it down. Went through my first tin of it in a week, put six more in my last order

2 Likes

No I haven’t tried it, but I can imagine dholakia putting out a great madras.

2 Likes

@Hitsuzen, I’m glad I have a half full tin! Don’t use it often, but I love it when I do. I got a sample of the Dholakia, it’s very good too. I’ll probably order some next time around.

1 Like

@mrmanos By the by, since starting this conversation, I went ahead and ordered a case of TPS, so I have extras if you’re interested.

2 Likes

I’m so looking forward to trying this… Great expectations!

1 Like

Although admittedly I have huge amounts of both NC and TPS, one concern I have is that the tins have an expiration date, no doubt due to the potential for the oils/butter going rancid. Is anybody keeping their stock in the fridge or freezer to delay the inevitable?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s my only bone of contention with these snuffs, the order size is great enough that for you to use by the date you almost have to use it exclusively. @Tobe something about this snuff lends itself to second impressions, it is OK when you first open it, over time something in the experience increases. Maybe it airs out, I dunno. I like it though. Maybe top 10% has aged and below is good stuff, I don’t know but add you work your way down it keeps getting better.

3 Likes

Wow! I just picked up a kilo of this snuff. In my 30 years of snuffing, I’ve just never picked up anything quite like this for one reason or another. I bit the bullet for a kilo thinking I could always sell a bunch of it off on here if it was just another snuff. It wasn’t! This is freaking awesome. Had I known there was a snuff of any flavor profile that so favorably compared to Chef Daniel’s creations I would never have hesitated, but this is just pure tobacco goodness that just begs to be shoveled in high doses so one can bask in the near nicotine overdose goodness. Highly recommended to one and all. Sadly for the curious, I will not be selling any of mine.

2 Likes

Now that we have Six Photo MG Madras snuff, should we revisit this Madras topic. I could have picked up Dholakia Madras, but someone said six photo is better, and easy to get from mr. snuff. I love it. Rich, smokey tobacco makes me think I just took a puff from a cigarette. Really nice stuff. How does it compare to the Madras snuffs already mentioned?

1 Like

IMHO MG is in a class of its own. A perfectly balanced rich natural dark tobacco with a walloping nic hit. That being said, NC and TPS are also very fine snuffs in their own right. Both are light in color and slightly nutty in taste. I believe TPS has a higher alkaline content than NC, hence stronger in the nicotine department. All three are highly recommended for anyone who enjoys natural unflavored snuffs.

1 Like

Dholakia Madras Toast does not do much for me. I just did a couple of healthy pinches from a sealed year old container to verify. It could be an off batch, but for me it is tasteless and lackluster, unfortunately. YMMV.

1 Like

Been a while since I’ve been here. Excited to hear about the new Madras. Like TPS, like NC, Love NB. Was a sad day when the last of my last kilo of NB went up my nose. I’d order a kilo or two of the others from Hookah1 but they won’t ship to Maine. 

1 Like