How long would your stash last ...?

Im pretty confident I have enough to last the rest of my life…unless of course I lived to be over 100 or something crazy like that. …

Not so unexpected; I was talking to an Actuarist & he told me that it is believed that the first 200 year old person (when they die) has already been born.

I guess I better keep stocking up then.

Bumping an old thread… I reckon I now have around 5kg in total. That’s got to be around 5 or 6 years supply at a guess. Quite impressed with myself that my stockpile hasn’t grown too hastily in the couple of years since starting this thread.

I am content with what I have. I have to be. I have no spending money. Just another reason to stock pile snuff. I never dreamed I wouldn’t be able to buy more. I am glad I did when I could.

Mine will last until I’m dead, unless there are amazing medical breakthroughs in the coming years. Will that stop me from buying more? Of course not.
8-}

1 Like

I just counted and in my short snuffing career I managed to collect for at least 300 days… :"> But there is still so mutch to explore…

1 Like

I grow and make my own, albeit (with a few exceptions) a more amateurish product than I buy so I guess I couldn’t run out, ever. If you counted just purchased snuff than I guess I only have a few years on hand atm, maybe 5, maybe more. If consumption was always like last night then maybe a year heh.

@basement_shaman I am pretty much in the same position. I have only bought 70g of snuff since the money stopped. Thankfully I already had a good stock of snuff, a few tins of pipe tobacco, and a couple of bottles of vape fluid. I’ll certainly be putting more pipe tobacco aside if I can get the cash flowing again.

2 Likes

@snuffsahoy Ha Ha! I have days like that too :smiley:

2-3 months. I am trying to order by the Canadian safety strategy and order no more than a few months supply, less than 50g.

My snuff order just came in… so think I’m good for the next decade or so :]

2 Likes

I think I have 3 years in White Elephant alone ( I hope ) I just keep hoarding and using / replenishing hoping the world doesn’t notice our Snuff Affection ( Affliction :-)?

2 Likes

One good thing for me is that Old Mill is a day’s drive ( if the Telegraph ever went down ) Seriously, enjoy it while you can and save some for later.

1 Like

Started snuffing in Nov’ 2015 and since then I’ve purchased 20 10g tins of Toque, a 50g bag of rustica, a 25g tin of Viking Dark, a 35g tin of 41P WE and maybe ten other small tins of various others - all for peanuts here in the UK and postage so cheap it’s not worth factoring into the cost. I’m maybe halfway through that lot so there’ll still be some left come Christmas, though no doubt I’ll have bought plenty more to add to my stash by then. All this parsimony is great fun!

1 Like

I don’t have a big stash, but it could last me a decent while. I started snuffing because I usually smoke a pipe and I didn’t want to go outside in the middle of the night in winter to smoke a pipe bowl for 10-30 minutes in the freezing cold. I have 3 tins of various 5g silver dollar snuffs, we garrett sweet snuff 1.15oz, 10gm of poschls gletscher prise and gawith apricot. I’m not going through these too quickly. Some days I do several pinches(more than 10), others none.

1 Like

A couple years at least. Like four or five. And I haven’t been snuffing even a year yet.

2 Likes

@Tobe how many gram or kilo do you have ? Than I know where I will end up …

2 Likes

@Marielle32 I have no idea how many grams I have, but I have all manner of 5 and 8g tap boxes, 30 and 45g tins, and now a few 50g bags… I just ordered stuff to try it and threw in a potluck or three and reorder what I liked. Now I’ve got more snuff than I really need, but there’s still tons I haven’t tried so I’ll be ordering more!

1 Like

This is actually difficult to work out. At present, in tins alone, im set for ~1 year only, maybe. Now considering all the other tobacco products i have on hand, consumption rates(and how that would change if i could never again purchase it) i could probably grind up the pipe tobacco and extend the reserves to 1.5 years, so its really not enough comparatively speaking and im alarmed with how underprepared i am!

2 Likes

Almost two years, a little over two years if I add in things I don’t like at the moment. I hit a $ bump, too. It’s put my pipe tobacco hoarding on hold, and I had planned both a MrSnuff order for favorites and samples, and direct order to Toque for a few bulk favorites and maybe some rustica and TUSA W&H. I have a lot of snuff, I guess. I need a lot more snuff, for sure. When in history has the average person bought more tobacco than they would use “fresh?” I could convert a lot of my tobacco to snuff and make my cellar last for decades if the axe falls soon.

2 Likes

I had some downtime, so since I keep a list of what I buy and in what quantities, I decided to add it all up. Turns out that I was right on with my original estimate, though I was WAY off with my personal estimate of the range of snuffs I had in my collection. Since August 13th of last year, I’ve accumulated 109 different snuffs totalling 3,597.9 grams. That’s enough based on my present usage to last me at least five years (though this doesn’t include what I’ve already got coming in the mail or the large order I’m currently putting together).

2 Likes