Gadsden Snuff (sherlock holmes snuff and more

Lmk If I can order some of you wild oak Butterscotch.

@slobandtom nice to see another Michiganian! (Sorry had to!) @snuffsahoy how’s it going? @Hawaiian_Ryan I’ll make another batch soon and post here when ready, are you in fact located in Hawaii?

1 Like

New tube containers came in today, look like they’ll work fantastically. Call me odd, but lipbalm tubes work perfectly and hold just the right amount.

I’m working on a introductory scent labeled: Bowditch’s Lament
Context: Scents commonly used in all kinds of products specifically geared to sailors. In my youth I read (many times over) the classical novel “Carry on, Mr.Bowditch”, though snuff wasn’t mentioned, I’m gearing this snuff towards the cold weather months when your body needs a nice relaxing supplement.
Scents: Eucalyptus with a cool menthol over tone, anise seed extract and a warming nutty scent.
Feel: fine grind, medium moisture. Best when chilled, and freshly warmed on the hand prior to sniffing. 

Any plans to start mailing to the UK?

As of now, not yet, quite a lot of red tape for being on a donation basis.

Shipping Update: Due to increase in rates, $5.49 cents for quantity (3) or less tins, or quantity (10) tubes. Price still stand for the tins/pouches (now tubes)

Yup I’m from Hawaii(Oahu)Alohas :-c

I left back in the 90’s, heard things have started getting kinda bad with drugs, I really miss the food though.

@snuffsahoy what island where u at when u was “here”(what island)? Yes drugs mostly is pretty fuct here and It depends where u stay.the only good food I would miss would be a Hawaiian plate lunch,good ass from a AsIan chicks

Laulau, manapua, plate lunch. Hell, all of it, I’d even take a luau from a tourist trap these days. I was on Oahu too, lived in Hawaii Kai for most of the time then kaneohe before I left. Yeah, girls were something else, came with a expiration date though, then came the muumuu :slight_smile: I just miss the food and beach these days… And the hiking… And… Haha yeah I grew up there so I guess there might be a few things I miss

1 Like

@hawaiian_ryan where you stay? I’m in kailua.

1 Like

Yo @Sandwichlsles I’m located in Pearl City. I have family in Kailua by Enchanted Lake.I usually spend the holidays over there.How long have u been here?I’ve been born and raised here my whole life.

I’ve lived here just about 10 years.

1 Like

Sorry for the late delay folks. I should be back in the shop tomorrow to finish up some orders and get some more stock ready.

My apologies on the long delay, family matters has taken up most of my time as of late.

I am happy however to announce a limited edition snuff I’m producing 6 tins of and it should be available the first part of the January.

The Black Spot:
A special snuff designed after a tale from the ships sailing the East Indies in  the late 1700’s. Word is - after a ship carrying a a 1/4 hogshead of a  strange ground flour; brown in color (what we believe to be tobacco) crashed into a coral reef, the sailors were instructed to remove items from the cargo hold to lessen the weight of the ship, so that at high tide the ship might become dislodged and be free to sail again. Upon emptying the cargo hold, the shipmate discovered the tops of the hogsheads had become loosened, and different spices and flours has become mixed together. The sailors collected what they could, repackaged it and tossed it aside onto the nearby island reef. Months later, a group of marauders discovered the reclaimed stash and labeled it with a large black splotch of ink, figuring it to be gunpowder. Upon opening the hogshead, they discovered the pacific aged spiced flour and began to consume this powder and it brought upon them good feeling.

• Fast forward to the 21st century and we’ve recreated to the best of our abilities, the snuff before-mentioned. We are doing a special run on this as it’s very difficult (and thus expensive) to get the needed ingredients. It’s a time consuming process mimicking the aging process here in the upper midwest but we’ve mastered it, carefully.

Donation price will be $12.00 (standard shipping applies) and includes a special gift along with the snuff.

1 Like

Pretty new to snuff, and I live in Michigan can’t wait to try your snuffs!

Holmes’ Office is really nice. Delicate but enticing scent. Nice grind too!

Updates on our menu:
I’m being time crunched to the max, so I’ve had to switch to Batch/Seasonal productions. I’ll come up with a more set schedule and post it here.

For more information on our current menu, visit http://gadsdenmill.wixsite.com/ourmill/varieties-and-menu. In Production is in stock, in production - pre order is being worked on, Discontinued is no longer available, Discontinued - in vault is not in production, but might show back up and In Formulation is not yet available.

A note on a new blend in lieu of a sad recent event:

As an honor to Chef Daniel, Gadsden Snuff Mill is opening back up. I’ve decided it will need to be a seasonally open organization as I prefer to use only homegrown tobacco, and it takes a decent amount of time to completely cure all the tobacco I’m using. All items will be limited, some may be brought back, some may go into the vault for ever, who knows?

In memorial of the Great Chef’s passing, I’ll be releasing a blend I’m collaborating on with a colleague labeled CDR-RB or Chef Daniel Richard - Royal Blend.

It will be a Royal Toast (to coin a term; the absolute highest quality ingredients possible, Orinico Burley 60%, Pennsylvania Red 40%, Roasted Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla Beans, Toasted Hickory), fine grind. It’s a limited edition snuff, so if you would like to order some, please do so.

$10 for 10grams, and $2.00 shipping

I am taking preorders, just message them to me. I look for this snuff to be done in a few weeks.

Cheers Folks, and here’s to the Great Chef.

1 Like

IMG_3882

The black spot just came off the line as it were, it’s…fantastic, not to boast naturally. It’s probably the strongest variety I’ve made yet with a lot of aged burley in it. The “gift” included is nothing special, more of a novelty, but are snuff nails that are hand shaped by yours truly. I’ve never used a snuff tool before now, but these snuff nails are fantastic for keeping the hands and shirt clean.

2 Likes

Just sent you a message via your website. Certainly interested in obtaining some of this fine looking snuff!

Thanks!

TShaq

Thanks @TShaq, just sent a response.

And thank you for the compliment!