The Nasal Snuff Checklist

@Mephistopheles: That’s a very nice piece of work, Compliments and thanks for the effort.

Jaap Bes.

Besides the free PDF version, there is also a Kindle Ebook version of The Nasal Snuff
Checklist  for the price of .99 cents on Amazon for people who want to carry it around. The free version just has a few more entries at the moment…M

Wow…thank you for sharing that.

Mark

I didn’t see any of the Indian or South African snuffs on your list.

But it is a good start for newbies and there are South African and Indian distributors listed!

1 Like

Thank you! Wouldn’t you know the first link I clicked on for accessories took me to a Chinese snuff bottle for $400.00. Champagne taste on a beer budget. :stuck_out_tongue:

Howydydave,

Babaton, Maverick, Venter’s, Singleton’s, Dr. Rumney are already in the list for South Africa representatives.

Wow, Dholakia, Temptation, are already in the list representing Indian snuffs.

Please advise other brands to add to list.I will add more in later update. New snuffs seem to be coming out every month.  Take care…M

If I can figure out a way to add clear photos, I will do so in next update. On the regular Kindle, photos are terrible. Not sure how pictures come out on the Kindle Paperwhite.

re: South Africa: I didn’t see Taxi or NTSU (the only two SA brands I have ever bought).

India 6 Photo, 7 Photo, 41 Photo (isn’t there also a 5 Photo?).

6 Photo is a must because they are the only snuff manufacturers that I have seen with ISO Certification!

1 Like

I did a search on my Kindle to “Introduction to the Nasal Snuff” but didn’t come up with anything.

Is that the title on Amazon?

Found it as:

THE NASAL SNUFF CHECKLIST

Better check on your Amazon settings…

My download lists the author as “unknown”.

While it was downloading, it showed two entries, one by “unknown” and one with your name as the author.

I just gave you your first Amazon book review.

Found NTSU and Taxi listed under Dingier.

I thought they were brand names.

Thank you Howdydave.

I will add the Indian listings in next edition.  Due to the rising popularity of nasal snuff, I do not think this pamphlet will ever be considered “complete”… But I sure as hell will try!

Now that I have it on my Kindle, will it be automatically updated?

A message appears next to the title in your kindle cloud informing you of the update, and then you download update. I will also post a message here.

I think automatic updating was stopped due to an incident a few years back. Cannot recall details, but it involved either books being deleted from your Kindle or censoring. There may be a setting in your Kindle Cloud to turn on auto updating. ( My Kindle has been broken for a while. I read the Ebooks on the computer for now.)

Take care…M

This is a great resource for newcomers like me. Thanks, @Mephistopheles. I might have had it for a week and definitely consulted it every day since I did. Please take this as constructive criticism, because you’ve done an awesome job compiling so much information already. I would like to see some sort of nicotine strength scale for each snuff. This could be useful both for those trying to quit cigarettes with strong snuff and those occasional users who don’t necessarily want strong tobacco…

@TerrapinFlyer  Since the size of a pinch varies from snuffer to snuffer, I don’t see much point.

If you want more, you just take another pinch!

Besides… I don’t know whether the data is available.

@howdydave: Body chemistry varies, pinch size varies, &c. You’re absolutely correct and the effects of nic are experienced subjectively. I disagree with the popular consensus of the nicotine strength of certain pipe tobaccos sometimes, though I’m interested in how others experience it or how the producer intended… I prefer to rely on my own nose holes for the final judgment of a snuff’s attributes, but I thought this information might help us new to snuff choose some beginning points. Again, though, I find this work useful and comprehensive as it is. Hmm. I thought this Santo Domingo would be stronger. Another pinch it is, then!

Sounds fantastic. If only there was an Android version :((