Toque limited edition Black Truffle

Medium grind and medium moist. The smell out of the tin is very strong, I didn’t find it particularly pleasant. A damp, musty smell of truffles and onions. In the nose, however, Toque Black Truffle becomes really enjoyable. The damp truffle and onion smell is still the first scent I get in the nose, but this time, it smells good. After a while, I detect a rich earthy aroma and beneath that, a darkish sweet scent that only lingers around for a short time. It’s a very complex snuff, I am sure it won’t be to everyone’s liking. I love it and am happy I got my hands on a tin of it. Amazing snuff! Medium high nicotine content.

I didn’t believe it would be possible to make a truffle-scented snuff, but it is exactly as described - an amazing creation and I’m glad to have experienced it, but I doubt I will ever finish the tin!

I’m in the ‘it’s gawdawful’ camp

Uggh/ this stuff should be banned, remaining product flushed. A cruel joke.  :-q

I like it, I like that earthy fungal scent with a bit of caramelised onion. I really like truffles but it is a bit love it or hate it.

I must admit I don’t like this one, but Roderick is a master and I always seem to buy the limited editions.

I was going to order some but if anyone here wants to trade snuffs let me know.

I really love this snuff. The garlic onion scent I get at first really dumbs down. And then the nice earthy freshness comes out. I enjoy putting truffle oil on my food as well.

Is this the “secret project” snuff Roderick hinted at a while back that would be weirder than Cheese and Bacon?

Cheese & Bacon rocks my socks. But while I love garlic and onions and fungus, I can’t imagine that I’d want it stuck in my nose. What’s next, @Roderick? Toque Hamburger? Toque Fish & Chips?? You maniac.

^ noooooooo!

Fish and chips with a touch of malt vinegar…I’m in! 

The only snuff other than wallflower that I just could not stand. Was able to give away the wallflower. No one even wants this. Toque= great. Black truffle however is a definite miss for me.

It sounds weird enough to be really great!

I was a little bit curious about how it would be. When first opened it smelled very, very strong with a lot of garlic. I like garlic a ton but I thought this would be a little much. However, once in there I can truly say this is my second favourite after the original Whiskey and Honey. It really kicks up my appetite. Just wish I had bought more. I can definitely see this as hit and miss though.