W.E. garrett

There may be, but Scotches are difficult to take for many people and there have been many threads about just that issue. You’re not alone, fine dry snuffs are very difficult for me as well

Switching from a spoon to pinching also helped me a great deal

@wanderingwoodsmith If you are planning on ordering some English snuff (they are pretty dry too, but usually more flavorful), you may consider adding some German Schmalzler to a order. It is thick and moist and needs no hydration. I find them very enjoyable compared to dry snuffs, which are just too much like flour for me. I like them when I have a stopped up nose, but thats about it.

Don’t be hesitant to order some 6 Photo offering. I find them refreshing

@coreymillia I am waiting on an order of English snuffs from Mr. Snuff, and I ordered OM Calypso and dreamcatcher from @chefdaniel. @basement_shaman I have some 6 photo in my shopping cart for my next order. Which 6 photo would you recommend that has a high nicotine level? Are there any pure rustics blends. I want something that will blow my top off. I would like something with a lot of nicotine because i am trying to trade my smoking habit for snuff.

6 Photo White Elephant and Natural have some pretty decent nicotine.

@crullers I have heard good things about white elephant, but heard its hard for a beginner. Oh well, I can handle it :smiley:

Yeah it is a little tricky but once you have it mastered it’s excellent stuff!

@crullers do you know how the grind of white eelephant compares to we Garrett?

I haven’t had Garrett but I’ve had other scotches. White Elephant is even more fine than scotch snuff, but if you can do scotches it shouldn’t be too difficult for you.

@crullers I have only tried the Garrett and dental. I’m not to fond of the scent of dental. It might even be stale, I’m pretty sure I’m the only one in my town that buys snuff.

White Elephant is made by 41 Photo. Cheetah is the strongest of 6 Photo and isn’t not beginner friendly. You can get a 50g bag of rustica here http://www.toquesnuff.com/index.php you might want Toque Quit also. Fubar Snafu has a decent kick,Fubar Grunt is worth trying And Fubar willie pete is about the finest grind you’ll find. Taxi Red is moist and heavy and packs a punch, after you get past the ammonia it has a barnyard scent you will either love it or hate it. Oh and SG does not do fruit snuffs well. Bernard Aecht Alt Schmalzler was my first Schmalzler and I loved it and order two more a week later. You can get carried away when beginning with snuff. yes it is less expensive than smoking and healthier for you. Enjoy the your journey and remember to take notes.

White Elephant is made by 41 Photo.

Oops, you’re right… trying to do too many things at once here :-B

@basement_shaman I can see how people go all out when beginning. I can’t seem to stop making orders lol. On another note I have a Tibetan copper snuff bottle coming in the mail. Have any experience with them? I would love to have a nice snuff box, but all of the vintage ones seem a little pricey. I am making an orange peel box at the moment.

I refuse to put snuff anywhere near copper. Save your money, Roderick will have some new Toque Flasks available soon. You could get one like this https://mrsnuff.com/product\_info.php?cPath=22\_24&products\_id=3513 hopefully @MrSnuff will get more of the Snuffhouse.org boxes in stock.

@basement_shaman too latel lol. It was only 8 dollars shipped, so if its a bust its not too much of a loss. I mainly got it because I like the way it looks. If it gives off a funny scent I’m sure I can find sometyhing to seal the inside with.

Copper oxidizes quickly and can be harmful.

If it gives off a funny scent I’m sure I can find sometyhing to seal the inside with.

@nicmizer I am well aware. But copper also has beneficial properties. I would be more worried about the smell than any possible “hazardous” effects.

Here is an interesting find on Ebay. An unopened bottle of Levi Garrett Scotch Rappee! Have any of our old-timers tried this one? https://www.ebay.com/itm/VTG-Levi-Garrett-Sons-Tobacco-Scotch-Rappee-Snuff-Bottle-unopened/292950745962?hash=item443539a36a:g:T1AAAOSwHQxcW6w0

1 Like

@SammyD13 that is an amazing find. I hope someone from on here wins it and tells us about it!