What is the strongest snuff(in nicotine) you ever had?

@crullers Is the Nic-fairy singing into your ears loudly a soothing precious songā€¦

If youā€™re looking for a nicotine buzz, smoke some dokha, but it only the first hits that gets you buzzed.

The last nic buzz I got was shortly after starting snus I put in a horseshoe of Odenā€™s Extreme 59 los. I donā€™t think thatā€™s something Iā€™ll repeat. I havenā€™t felt it from snuff but some stave off the nic monster better than others. I find Viking Dark works best for me because it has a decent nicotine level and I can take a lot of it at one time.

This is hard question to answer because I tend to take different kind of snuffs differently. I could say that the pƶschl schmalzlers have given me the heaviest nic buzz, but then again I use to shovel them in in big piles. Cheetah (is it six photo?) propably is the strongest so far, because even small pinches tend to give a rush. But then again, it is very fine powder, which might help in the absorption. As my thoughts to teh above discussion, I donā€™t like very high nicotine snuffs like Cheetah simply because if I take simultaneous pinches, I get too much nicotine which is definitely not nice. I also tend to think that the coarser snuffs are better when it comes to nicotine, because they somehow release it more slowlly and in a balanced manner. Hard to explain, but the buzz is somehow more comfortable. :slight_smile:

Also, if I for some reason really want a nicotine rush, I chew. :slight_smile:

I also tend to think that the coarser snuffs are better when it comes to nicotine, because they somehow release it more slowlly and in a balanced manner. Hard to explain, but the buzz is somehow more comfortable. :slight_smile:

I have been noticing considerable differences in the effect of nicotine in different snuffs. For example I find the ā€˜buzzā€™ from SG very different from that of Toque. I never considered the coarseness of the grind but now I think of it I suppose absorption would be better with a finer grind. I prefer neither one over the other, I just enjoy them all for their uniqueness!

Anything white.

Aside from Rooster Plain Scotch, which had a kick-ass nic hit, I find a nosefull of Bernardā€™s Aecht Altbeyerisher Schmalzler has a strong nicotine content. Too much and I can get light-headed from it.

Iā€™m amazed no one mentioned US scotches, theyā€™re one the heaviest hitters around

I just didā€¦ROOSTER. But damn if I can find anything but Navy or Tops Plain and RR Mills Sweet anywhere in Florida. Lucky that I stocked up on RR Mills Plain, Square, WE Garrett, and 3 Thistle before they seem to have disappeared off the marketā€¦on or off line.

After my foray into Dholakia snuffs today, I would say Dholakia White

Also agree the Madras snuffs are pretty strong

For me itā€™s Levi Garret regular. It can turn me green (lol) if Iā€™m not careful. But I also take massive pinches. Which, to me, is the only way to get the Vitamin N which we crave.

Iā€™m sure I have not tried as many different snuffs as most of you who answered the question. I believe the one with the highest nicotine content was Bernardā€™s Brasil Doppelt Fermentiert. A very good snuff (one of my favorites actually), but stronger than the Wilsons of Sharrows and Toques Iā€™ve had so it got me dizzy a few times.

My top three strongest are Toque Rustica, WoS IHT #22, and Bruton scotch snuff. And i dont know if its the grind of the bruton or the nicotine but it gets me everytime.

So far, the strongest Iā€™ve had was a homemade from ground up Cotton Boll Twist. Even without alkalizing it, I always have to be mindful when taking it. Other than that, W.E. Garrett Scotch Plain is my go-to morning Nic Bomb.

6P special is the highest nicotine buzz, then pure schmalzlers (some of them only has 50% tobacco and some has 80% ) Indian whites are good but they donā€™t have the ability to take in large pinches so no nicotine buzz for me.

6P special is the highest nicotine buzz, then pure schmalzlers (some of them only has 50% tobacco and some has 80% ) Indian whites are good but they donā€™t have the ability to take in large pinches so no nicotine buzz for me.

I literally just started using snuff two days ago, but ordered 41 Photo White Elephant with my first order. Iā€™m glad I did, because none of the other snuffs Iā€™ve tried to date have had any noticeable impact as far as a nicotine hit goes. Iā€™m also having a hard time detecting all the various scentsā€¦ Iā€™m guessing being a regular smoker has something to do with it. Hopefully this changes soon, or my snuff investment will have been for nothing.

@Tobe Be patient with yourself while you transition. I promise it will be worth the week or so of frustration B-)

@TobeĀ after you quit smoking it will take some time for your senses to reset. Food will start tasting better and your sense of smell will return possibly , you may had burned out detecting scents, it happens. Lets hope for the best.

1 Like