What is the strongest snuff(in nicotine) you ever had?

6Photo ‘Natural’ gives a strong nic hit and has the most amazing and pleasant noseburn I’ve experienced this far. Viking Brown makes my nose ‘pulsate’-Heavy on nicotine…really have to try the NB Madras soon! =P~

All I can say is that this thread gave me a lot of help with my latest Mr. Snuff order.

For me personally, I’ve found the Toque USA Whiskey and Honey to be the strongest, and I would place it well above Quit. In fact, I think I over did it the other day when I took probably too big a pinch, ended up with a cold sweat and felt rather sick! The snuff clearly taught me to give it the respect it deserves, we learn from our mistakes though!

Personally, I was rather surprised by the nic hit in WoS Gold Label. Most of their snuffs seem to be mid to low on the nic, but I get a good buzz every time from Gold Label. It’s certainly not the strongest I’ve had, but has a great balance between scent and nicotine.

My two cents, for the little they’re worth, is that nicotine is a side benefit of snuff. My focus has always been on the leaf and judicious addition of whatever scents the maker had in mind. The nicotine is a bonus. That said, for both great nicotine delivery and nigh perfect pure tobacco scent/flavor NB Madras is the cat’s meow. Since that wonderful snuff is getting rare and hard to get, TPS Madras is a suitable substitute. It is an ‘8’ to the NB Madras ‘10’. When I want nicotine I reach for a Camel non-filter. If that doesn’t settle the blood pressure I follow up with a large lip full of Copenhagen Fine Cut. If that doesn’t work, I take a long nap and start all over again.

Agree completely with @chefdaniel‌ the nicotine is a side benefit and keeps me reaching for the smokes. If you just look for high nic then I think you miss out on some of the best snuffs out there. I’ve never had a ‘nic buzz’ from snuff, no matter what or how much I take. Guess my tolerance is too high from years on the strong ‘roll your own’ tobacco.

I feel lucky that I never was a heavy smokey. I went through 2 packs of 20 cigarettes a week at most. Some weeks one pack lasted me a week. I still never get that supposed “High” from nicotine. Although my second experience with drugs was marijuana. I have quit a long time ago but, I started when I was nine cause my cousin thought it would be funny to get a 9 year old high. So my perception of high may be jaded. With nicotine I either feel I am feeling good, I need more, or oh my gosh I need to lay down Too much! TOO MUCH!

My experienced opinion: it´s easy to get hooked on High-nic snuffs and then discard or use sparingly other great snuffs you loved before but don´t get you so high. Then you get tolerance to the “powa” and only the first sniff of the day gives you a buzz, doesn´t matter how many pinches you take after. What then? You´ve ruined your snuff palate for a brief nic-rush and never will be a snuff-virgin again. ~X(

1 Like

What is this “buzz” you speak of? :stuck_out_tongue:

@crullers Is the Nic-fairy singing into your ears loudly a soothing precious song…

If you’re looking for a nicotine buzz, smoke some dokha, but it only the first hits that gets you buzzed.

The last nic buzz I got was shortly after starting snus I put in a horseshoe of Oden’s Extreme 59 los. I don’t think that’s something I’ll repeat. I haven’t felt it from snuff but some stave off the nic monster better than others. I find Viking Dark works best for me because it has a decent nicotine level and I can take a lot of it at one time.

This is hard question to answer because I tend to take different kind of snuffs differently. I could say that the pöschl schmalzlers have given me the heaviest nic buzz, but then again I use to shovel them in in big piles. Cheetah (is it six photo?) propably is the strongest so far, because even small pinches tend to give a rush. But then again, it is very fine powder, which might help in the absorption. As my thoughts to teh above discussion, I don’t like very high nicotine snuffs like Cheetah simply because if I take simultaneous pinches, I get too much nicotine which is definitely not nice. I also tend to think that the coarser snuffs are better when it comes to nicotine, because they somehow release it more slowlly and in a balanced manner. Hard to explain, but the buzz is somehow more comfortable. :slight_smile:

Also, if I for some reason really want a nicotine rush, I chew. :slight_smile:

I also tend to think that the coarser snuffs are better when it comes to nicotine, because they somehow release it more slowlly and in a balanced manner. Hard to explain, but the buzz is somehow more comfortable. :slight_smile:

I have been noticing considerable differences in the effect of nicotine in different snuffs. For example I find the ‘buzz’ from SG very different from that of Toque. I never considered the coarseness of the grind but now I think of it I suppose absorption would be better with a finer grind. I prefer neither one over the other, I just enjoy them all for their uniqueness!

Anything white.

Aside from Rooster Plain Scotch, which had a kick-ass nic hit, I find a nosefull of Bernard’s Aecht Altbeyerisher Schmalzler has a strong nicotine content. Too much and I can get light-headed from it.

I’m amazed no one mentioned US scotches, they’re one the heaviest hitters around

I just did…ROOSTER. But damn if I can find anything but Navy or Tops Plain and RR Mills Sweet anywhere in Florida. Lucky that I stocked up on RR Mills Plain, Square, WE Garrett, and 3 Thistle before they seem to have disappeared off the market…on or off line.

After my foray into Dholakia snuffs today, I would say Dholakia White

Also agree the Madras snuffs are pretty strong