Anyone NOT like High Dry Toast?

I’d say it’s worth an order by itself! Of course, I’m not the one paying for your shipping :smiley: I guess it isn’t quite the perfect snuff - it tends to get into my keyboard.

@lunecat true, dry snuffs can be an irritant/unpleasant to some. But what’s so great about them, huh?

Never far away, never goes out of style, nice classical feel, pretty cheap, good flavor, unobtrusive, strong enough, sufficiently complex to keep you interested. I trust a snuff taker who likes HDT, it serves as a character reference.

3 Likes

I don’t like it. I love it. To me, SG Irish D Light, and WoW #22 aren’t actually very close to F&T HDT. They are very similar to each other, yes, but are sort of tired, dusty versions of HDT.

2 Likes

Shipping costs have never upset me. My last shipping cost was under $10. $10 to get it over a damn ocean sounds pretty reasonable. Buying Snus for $30+ for shipping alone upsets me a little though. Not that I would ever challenge Moe Unz.

If I do, he may take away my Onyx snuff again.

HDT, love it. Got some recently for the first time and will most definitely order more.

To play devil’s advocate, I must say I don’t like the BBQ smell of Wilsons No. 22 or Toque Natural Toast. It reminds me a little of scented potato chips. Is this “meatiness” less pronounced in HDT?

1 Like

Based on the communities fantastic reviews on HDT, that’ll definitely be in my next order! These Toques were my first fine dry snuffs and I too have thoroughly enjoyed them. Took a little bit of altering my technique, but within the first day and the 10 tins of toque sampled I had easily adjusted! Looking forward to trying it for definite!

Going against the grain, I’m not a big fan of HDTs. I don’t mind them, and do occasionally crank it out, I just prefer something in between, though coarse snuffs like Thor’s Hammer feature regularly in my rotation. I’ve come to love 41P WE, and a few other fine grinds, just not a lover of HDTs. I guess that speaks to my character eh @JakartaBoy‌ :smiley: Maybe I just haven’t tried the right one yet, which may be F&T. Each to their own though :smile:

1 Like

I don’t care for ANY of the toasts.

3 Likes

I do not like F&T HDT, I love it !!! :smiley:

1 Like

F&T HDT is the snuff of the Gods. Second only to Viking Dark in my current Pantheon of Snuff.

1 Like

What’s the weird Wilsons toast? I think it’s No. 20 Very underrated snuff. Super earthy, not like any other toast, not very toasty at all really just dryish fineish and plain but a really great tobacco blend.

1 Like

I believe HDT is a staple not just among toasts, but snuff itself. I discovered it early on in my time as a snuffer. I was told to stay away from toasts, but it was the first one I really tried. I have no regrets. And the nicotine? It really speaks for itself.

1 Like

F&T HDT was my first love

1 Like

Only experience with Toast made me toss it away. Not for me.

2 Likes

I prefer SG Irish D Light to HDT or IHT, and I used to be able to take them ok, but now snuff has opened my airways unless I’m careful they all make me cough!

1 Like

Wouldn’t say I’d enthuse about HDT but when it slips out of my rotation I find myself wishing I had it around.

I’ve probably done 3 grams in less than 24 hours. For me that’s huge.