What is the strongest snuff(in nicotine) you ever had?

While I certainly agree with you to an extent, I can also see the other side of the argument. Nicotine level is important so some (myself included) because of the viability of snuff as an alternative to smoking. Big pinches are the key though, so I don’t worry about nic level as much as I used to.

@doctorbeat, yeah, sure. I don’t really like the idea of alcohol-free wine, either. Most of my favourite snuffs are at least middle strength and usually stronger. But I think it’s more a matter of, Does the snuff have ENOUGH nicotine in it? Rather than, which one has the most.

Not sure if it qualifies as a snuff or a snuss but I had some homemade jelly looking tobacco substance that one of my Qatari students gave me that can either be rubbed in the nose or packed under the upper lip. Somehow, they put a miniscule amount of sand in it to help it penetrate the gums/nasal membrane easier. Guy told me it was illegal to produce there. I had a massive head rush for 2 days. They also smoke a strange tobacco/herbal mixture in the Gulf called Midwakh. It’s strong and definitely an acquired taste. To me it seemed like taking a hit off the tailpipe of a bus.

Dholakia White. Lawd!

Willie Pete blew me up the first time trying it

6Photo ‘Natural’ gives a strong nic hit and has the most amazing and pleasant noseburn I’ve experienced this far. Viking Brown makes my nose ‘pulsate’-Heavy on nicotine…really have to try the NB Madras soon! =P~

All I can say is that this thread gave me a lot of help with my latest Mr. Snuff order.

For me personally, I’ve found the Toque USA Whiskey and Honey to be the strongest, and I would place it well above Quit. In fact, I think I over did it the other day when I took probably too big a pinch, ended up with a cold sweat and felt rather sick! The snuff clearly taught me to give it the respect it deserves, we learn from our mistakes though!

Personally, I was rather surprised by the nic hit in WoS Gold Label. Most of their snuffs seem to be mid to low on the nic, but I get a good buzz every time from Gold Label. It’s certainly not the strongest I’ve had, but has a great balance between scent and nicotine.

My two cents, for the little they’re worth, is that nicotine is a side benefit of snuff. My focus has always been on the leaf and judicious addition of whatever scents the maker had in mind. The nicotine is a bonus. That said, for both great nicotine delivery and nigh perfect pure tobacco scent/flavor NB Madras is the cat’s meow. Since that wonderful snuff is getting rare and hard to get, TPS Madras is a suitable substitute. It is an ‘8’ to the NB Madras ‘10’. When I want nicotine I reach for a Camel non-filter. If that doesn’t settle the blood pressure I follow up with a large lip full of Copenhagen Fine Cut. If that doesn’t work, I take a long nap and start all over again.

Agree completely with @chefdaniel‌ the nicotine is a side benefit and keeps me reaching for the smokes. If you just look for high nic then I think you miss out on some of the best snuffs out there. I’ve never had a ‘nic buzz’ from snuff, no matter what or how much I take. Guess my tolerance is too high from years on the strong ‘roll your own’ tobacco.

I feel lucky that I never was a heavy smokey. I went through 2 packs of 20 cigarettes a week at most. Some weeks one pack lasted me a week. I still never get that supposed “High” from nicotine. Although my second experience with drugs was marijuana. I have quit a long time ago but, I started when I was nine cause my cousin thought it would be funny to get a 9 year old high. So my perception of high may be jaded. With nicotine I either feel I am feeling good, I need more, or oh my gosh I need to lay down Too much! TOO MUCH!

My experienced opinion: it´s easy to get hooked on High-nic snuffs and then discard or use sparingly other great snuffs you loved before but don´t get you so high. Then you get tolerance to the “powa” and only the first sniff of the day gives you a buzz, doesn´t matter how many pinches you take after. What then? You´ve ruined your snuff palate for a brief nic-rush and never will be a snuff-virgin again. ~X(

1 Like

What is this “buzz” you speak of? :stuck_out_tongue:

@crullers Is the Nic-fairy singing into your ears loudly a soothing precious song…

If you’re looking for a nicotine buzz, smoke some dokha, but it only the first hits that gets you buzzed.

The last nic buzz I got was shortly after starting snus I put in a horseshoe of Oden’s Extreme 59 los. I don’t think that’s something I’ll repeat. I haven’t felt it from snuff but some stave off the nic monster better than others. I find Viking Dark works best for me because it has a decent nicotine level and I can take a lot of it at one time.

This is hard question to answer because I tend to take different kind of snuffs differently. I could say that the pöschl schmalzlers have given me the heaviest nic buzz, but then again I use to shovel them in in big piles. Cheetah (is it six photo?) propably is the strongest so far, because even small pinches tend to give a rush. But then again, it is very fine powder, which might help in the absorption. As my thoughts to teh above discussion, I don’t like very high nicotine snuffs like Cheetah simply because if I take simultaneous pinches, I get too much nicotine which is definitely not nice. I also tend to think that the coarser snuffs are better when it comes to nicotine, because they somehow release it more slowlly and in a balanced manner. Hard to explain, but the buzz is somehow more comfortable. :slight_smile:

Also, if I for some reason really want a nicotine rush, I chew. :slight_smile:

I also tend to think that the coarser snuffs are better when it comes to nicotine, because they somehow release it more slowlly and in a balanced manner. Hard to explain, but the buzz is somehow more comfortable. :slight_smile:

I have been noticing considerable differences in the effect of nicotine in different snuffs. For example I find the ‘buzz’ from SG very different from that of Toque. I never considered the coarseness of the grind but now I think of it I suppose absorption would be better with a finer grind. I prefer neither one over the other, I just enjoy them all for their uniqueness!

Anything white.