OT: HOBBIES?

blues guitar

Martial Arts, Farming (vegatables), Fishing, Girlfriend :), some others but those are the main ones.

I forgot Orchids! Go figure! LOL! Tom

Johndeere89, does your girlfriend read your posts?? For your sake I hope not!!! Tom, those orchids are beautiful but it needs a lot of attention and nursing. I’m to impatient for that. I admire people like you who can do it.

I enjoy playing and watching baseball (I support the Red Sox) going to church, watching my DVD collection and walking with my wife and son.

I enjoy marquetry, meditation, reading, fishing and playing my harmonica. Stefan

@PieterC, i dont think so but if she did she has a sense of humor as well so it would be alright we’ve been together for three years so it would take something more than that to really piss her off lol… id post a pick but i dont seem to understand how. Edit: and by the way tom awesome hobby i too grow many flowers (and vegetables but thats my moneymaker) havnt really got into orchids yet but ive always wanted too.

Here’s a few more of what I have in bloom at the moment. Tom

This one has a wonderful fragrance, but only at night!

Orchids are beautiful things. Tulips as well, I saw a discovery channel prog about tulips, people made millions out of them in the 1600’s, fascinating. My full list of hobbies would be, apart from snuff, and in no order: 1. Playing blues guitar (lead, strat) 2. Literature 3. History (British, millitary, social) 4. Cooking (Italian, English) 5. Travel (favourite places - UK, US, Greece, France) 6. Alcohol 7. Going to Church 8. Being with wife and kids 9. My job, still enjoy it after 20 years. 10. Painting

Richard Dawkins books are my favorites at this moment!!

Just reading ‘The Appeal’ by Grisham. good court room stuff.

Tom - Gorgeous orchids, From the little I know about growing them, they are an obsession not a hobby. Johndeer - Have you ever thought about putting in a tobacco patch?

What’s Hapkido? I’m guessing it’s a martial art but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

@Jarhog, yes i’ve thought of it but wasnt sure if it would grow in my area (michigan) and im not sure where to get seeds if i find some though i could always try in the greenhouse if my seasons to short thinking more heavily about it now that i know about snuff though so maybe ill try it this spring. @Tom, very nice looking plants you got there. @midnightmosesuk, yes hapkido is a martial art.

hapkido is aikido (japanese). but some koreans claim that there is a korean hapkido-tradition, which is a lie. i myself do board games, miniature wargaming, calligraphy, sword fighting. i guess manju studies is rather some kind of hobby too.

For me it’s photography. I’m very active in a local photographic society and also in the Royal Photographic Society. My website: http://www.mikedalesphotography.co.uk/

I used to bike too, but the traffic is now so intense here, that it’s no fun anymore. My hobbies are traveling, and studying - they often coincide actually. My favorite places are the UK, Greece, France and Italy. But I’ve been practically everywhere except Africa (been to Egypt though) and the Far East.

Never the US, Viking?

miamimark - yep, lived three years in North Eastern PA :o)