OT: HOBBIES?

WOW Tom !!! Is it a “fat boy” ? It is B E A U T I F U L !!! I’m crazy about motorbikes but to old to ride anymore. That’s why I “transfered” to bicycles, love to be on 2 wheels. I love going downhill on my mtb at break neck speed. My nickname is SpeedyPete !!! Can’t see the second hobby’s face, mind to post another picture??? Cheers Pieter

Beautifull bike ya got there. Same with the woman. Is that Mrs. Bakdoor? lol I’ve had several motorcycles in my lifetime. I’m also too old to ride now so I have a 75 MG Midget [mint] so I still have 4 wheels under me. Altho they are really small wheels, its still real fun.

Pieter, ‘05’ Heritage Softail. I also have an ‘00’ Custom Fatboy and a 150cc Scooter. PP LOL! That’s my sweetheart! Tom

Music helps me relax and playing music makes me very content indeed. My avatar here is a bass clef, a clue to my instrument of choice. I love riding bikes and motorbikes too. Too bad every bicycle I’ve ever owned has been stolen. Must have lost half a dozen over the years. My favorite was an old Fuji touring model from the mid '80s, I used to go for long ride early every morning for an hour or so. Never been in better shape than back then. Now I have a '97 Yamaha Virago 1100 twin. I’d prefer a BMW touring model, but it’s beyond my means right now. The Yami is getting some refurbishment this winter hopefully in time for spring rides. I like taking off to the mountains two hours from here when the weather gets unbearable in summer.

Some of my hobbies: Gold Panning & Dredging, Metal Detecting, Gemstone hunting, Wild Mushroom Hunting, Disc Golf, Hunting-Shooting, Archery, Fishing, Billiards, Darts, 4 Wheeling in the Jeep & taking my 3 wheeler out, Big Vegetable Garden, Hiking, Camping, Coin Collecting, occasionally I take the mountain bike out - I have a Gary Fisher Big Sur.

bass guitar

Trout, when do you find time to work!!! But, you are still a youngster, so ENJOY life while you still can. Time goes by so fast. Cheers Pieter

I’ve checked out the Big Sur on the net, it’s a beauty with up market specs. I ride a Felt Virtue 2 mtb and a GT Zaskar hybrid.

I’m a gamer. Mostly role-playing games though I like to do a bit of wargaming. I’ve already identified some fellow snuffing gamers elsewhere…

Pieter, You have to make time to enjoy life or whats the point.

My hobbies would also include bicycling. There’s a century ride not too far from me every spring for the American Cancer Society, that I’ve ridden the last two years. Last year I raised over $500 for it. I do a little gaming, Sid Meier’s Civilization on the PC, and I enjoy my Wii. I do a lot of squirrel hunting, and target shooting. I handload shotgun, and pistol ammo. Woodworking, especially lathe work. And of course spending time with my wife.

I enjoy learning alternative history, the real things that they don’t teach in school, studying law, listening to heavy metal and classical music and I can’t forget talk radio. On the more artistic side, I like wood carving, landscape painting and building tube audio equipment.

And as mentioned elsewhere I’m another wargamer and military history buff. I even managed to make a business out of it.Link

blues guitar

Martial Arts, Farming (vegatables), Fishing, Girlfriend :), some others but those are the main ones.

I forgot Orchids! Go figure! LOL! Tom

Johndeere89, does your girlfriend read your posts?? For your sake I hope not!!! Tom, those orchids are beautiful but it needs a lot of attention and nursing. I’m to impatient for that. I admire people like you who can do it.

I enjoy playing and watching baseball (I support the Red Sox) going to church, watching my DVD collection and walking with my wife and son.

I enjoy marquetry, meditation, reading, fishing and playing my harmonica. Stefan

@PieterC, i dont think so but if she did she has a sense of humor as well so it would be alright we’ve been together for three years so it would take something more than that to really piss her off lol… id post a pick but i dont seem to understand how. Edit: and by the way tom awesome hobby i too grow many flowers (and vegetables but thats my moneymaker) havnt really got into orchids yet but ive always wanted too.