samuel gawith black coffee

i love hate this snuff. at first it smelled like coffee now that im down to the last few pinches it smells and tastes like copenhagen snuff. i really dont like the smell out of the entire coffee bundle this one dissapointed me the most, i do like the nicotine hit from it. i get more from it than i do the q snuff,it plugs up my nose quite easily and the taste at the back of the throat stays too long. i wont be ordering it again

I’ll take it off your hands anyday. That stuff is tasttty.

its almost gone or i would send it to you

For just starting off snuffing, you suck that stuff in! Impressive.

I have never tried it! I use my own coffee beans. Your description of it makes it sound very appealing. I love Copenhagen.

Did you try covent garden cafe royale, now there’s a decent coffee snuff :wink:

Better luck next time. I love the stuff(snuff) ground coffee bean aroma on a V dark base , what’s not to like. That’s one of the fun things on this forum, seeing snuffs on one persons dislike list on the top of another’s most loved. The nose knows and to each his own.

For just starting off snuffing, you suck that stuff in! Impressive.

thank you lol its a bit easier than th WoS

I have never tried it! I use my own coffee beans. Your description of it makes it sound very appealing. I love Copenhagen.

i like copenhegen to just not the smell of it

Coffee snuff is my Holy Grail snuff, as until recently I hand’t found one that truly fit my criteria. I found the SG BC repellent when I first tried it; I was reminded of nothing so much as wet, stale coffee grounds left in the brewer for three days. I attempted to blend my own coffee snuff, considered actually snuffing coffee bean dust from my grinder, and made the first blood-oath in my 57 years…never to take Toque Espresso up nose or anus ad aeternum. Then I tried snuffstore’s Cafe Noir. Originally touted by some as a recreation of the Covent Garden Cafe Royale (G. Smith’s). This is false. The Cafe Noir is most probably Sam Gawith rebranded. The vacuum tins are identical, but as i have no Gawith Black Coffee on hand, I cannot make a comparison. But I love the Cafe Noir, despite my negative first impression of the Samuel Gawith Black Corffee! Goes to show you… something.

@Uncle_Squinty‌ #1 It is wonderful to have you back, as I’m sure others will agree. #2 Seegar and Snuff, UK has resurrected the old G. Smith’s recipe for Cafe Royale that is spot on. I sample it side by side with my vintage stash of the original and was suitably impressed; enough to set aside some coins for a future purchase. #3 I like the Cafe Noir, and I find it similar to SG Black Coffee, but with some vanilla notes lurking about. #4 I too have attempted to make a coffee snuff, and from what I’m hearing my Fleur de Cafe is hitting some positive notes. #5 IM me your contact info and you’ll be up to your nostrils in every coffee snuff I’ve got in my arsenal as fast as the postal units can carry them.

#2 Seegar and Snuff, UK has resurrected the old G. Smith’s recipe for Cafe Royale that is spot on. I sample it side by side with my vintage stash of the original and was suitably impressed; enough to set aside some coins for a future purchase.

So, do they ship to the states and take credit card payment???

@Mouse‌ I’m about to find out. When I do, I’ll let everyone here know so we can bundle up a purchase and distribute it stateside. I’ll keep you posted.

SCBC is my favorite coffee snuff - which basically makes it the best of the worst. After the first few pinches, I don’t get ANY coffee scent whatsoever…I can only get it when I blow my nose afterwards - at which point the coffee aroma lingers for a while and is rather pleasant. Going in, all I usually pick up is a brined tobacco - this isn’t a bad thing at all, it’s just not the show I bought the ticket for. Incidentally, the aroma I do get is similar to the briny, leathery-ness of SG London Brown, only milled much finer.

I bought this under recommendation from so many on here, and indeed I liked the first few pinches. After that it got a little too much for my tastes and abandoned it. My summary after revisiting it after a while was “needs milk and sugar”, and I stick by that appraisal. As to coffee snuffs I have found WoS Irish Coffee far more to my liking.

I love it. It brings back memories of my visits to my grandmother’s when she would make a pot of strong coffee on the wood stove.

1 Like

Tryied a whole tin in these months Now it is called Black Arabica I am totally disappointed from this snuff in which I can find an aroma of old wasted coffee and the base reminds me black rappee but not good as original BP The tobacco is moist and difficult to take because it is merged in various tobacco balls The scent in the nose lasts only few minutes when I am lucky I have other 75g that I do not want anymore

3 Likes

@schmalzlerfranzl I did not have balls in mine but can validate that the scent was weak in the tin I got. I much prefer Cafe Noire which has an assertive scent I love.

3 Likes

@SammyD13 Yeah the scent is very poor and it gives nothing I have Cafe Royal by Gawith & Hoggarth but I did not try it yet Must get some Cafe Noir

1 Like

I seldom catch the coffee aroma at all, I get a more earthy smell. Dank earth…peat. Ive heard leather mentioned describing it and yes, I get a wisp of stuffing my face into a new baseball glove. I love it. It’s my main course currently.