Wilsons of Sharrow - strongest ones? (nic strong)

I seemed to lose a post there…

Anyhow, I think we rank snuffs from the nose feel they give rather than nicotine strength, because I firmly beleive 90% of them have more or less the same amount of nicotine.

don’t forget that we live in a world where people regularly insist their dark coffee is stronger cause it is darker. When that’s utter Bollocks (is that the proper british way to spell it?)

It is indeed the right way. And you used it like a Brit too.

I used to use, still do now and again, golden virginia and old holborn ryo tobacco - I absolutely swore blind that OH was stronger than GV, but its not - all down to the colour and flavour.

Goes to show there is no accounting for personal taste and opinion. What is intensely strong for one is mild for another, and so on…Fortunately, there are many choices out there.

I am quite sure that there is some  variety in nicotine strenght and that this depends on the tobacco base they use and how they do it. I dont agree with @Snuffster , i am sure that there is variety in the nicotine strenght of diffrent snuffs.

W.o.S does indeed answer the question specifically about nicotine, I just double checked thier website. Saying that the sp’s are stronger and have more of a kick… Just get onto thier site, check out the menu, click onto FAQ’s and scroll down a page or two.

I don’t know about WoS specifically, but it’s common knowledge that different kinds of tobacco contain different amounts of nicotine. I think “rustica” has the most, but don’t quote me on that. So it only makes sense that different snuffs would contain varying levels of nicotine depending on the tobacco blends they use. This would also work for the comment @bob made about coffee. But as far as that is concerned, I’ve heard that lighter brews are actually higher in caffeine than darker, however if you overload your coffee maker with a normal light brew, it will make a dark coffee due to the concentration, so yeah…this late night rant has been brought to you by the letter T, for Too, as in I’ve had way too much coffee and have started rambling.

Tom Buck contain less nicotine than these: Gold Label, SM 500, Best SP, SP100 and maybe a couple others. Gold Label has the strongest nicotine content!!! (confirmed by Wilsons of Sharrow customer service)

WOS Irish Toast No22 has a good nic content imo. Certainly more than F&T HDT.

Grand Cairo seems to have the most kick from wos for me

I get the most kick from Grand Cairo and Gold Label. I think it’s because they both use a golden Virginia tobacco base, which is distinct from the rest of the Wilson’s line. Other SPs can deliver a good kick too, which I think is due to the fine grind.

Gold label contains no stem so it has more nicotine.

Kendal Brown knocked me on my ass when I used it imprudently. Thread about it here: http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/7867/wos-kendal-brown-nic-content

Yeah I’ve never had WoS Kendal Brown before but those dark, heavy, coarse snuffs can sneak up on you and make you feel sick and make your head spin. Not like toasts or scotches or whites where your heart pumps a bit too hard and you start sweating, it’s a different thing.

Yes indeed. There were a lot of nay-sayers when I posted that thread, but I still stand by my statement. In fact, it just reminded me to try it again, and sure enough, I was able to take myself to the point of spinning out simply by using about the same amount as I usually use with my regular snuffs. As @horus92 says, this stuff doesn’t hit you all in one go, it creeps up on you. The only other snuff that does this to me (using my typical pinch size) is my home made snuff which I made from ‘The Good Stuff’ dual-purpose tobacco.

…As Oscar said though, Wilsons aren’t really the first place to look for a rendezvous with Lady N. If you want a big nic hit, I’d recommend hoofing up a massive rack of Hedges L260. It’s strong, and the fact it makes your nose run like Usain Bolt helps too-really gets those mucous membranes working!

I absolutely love the L260. It took a few go’s but I really, really, really like this one. As I noted in another post- I find that if I start the day with a medicated/mentholated (Hedges l260 being my favored) it really opens you up for the day.

I’d definitely agree with Grand Cairo and Gold Label having the best whack of nic out of the WoS I’ve tried. Totally stand by my former statement about L260 being in another league though, love the stuff (ps this thread is ancient!! Good points being made though)

Straight off the Wilsons of sharrow website… Q Which are the strongest snuffs in regard to nicotine? A The SP varieties are the strongest and give a more powerful hit than some of the other varieties. That doesn’t really answer the question I know

Gold Label has the strongest nicotine content. (confirmed by Wilsons of Sharrow customer service) http://snuffhouse.org/discussion/9001/here-is-a-list-from-four-wilsons-of-sharrow-snuffs-that-have-the-strongest-nicotine#latest

They’re all about the same strength. None of them are strong. You want more nicotine, take bigger and more frequent pinches. That’s the bottom line.