Red Bull and other poschl vs any other ideas

So I guess I should pull out my tin of McChrstal tonight when I get home, (if i could get that can open) and try to pay attention to it more. Also, I’v seen some people compare the SM 500 to the Red Bull, Why didn’t I think so? maybe because of the texture? or because its not oil based like poschl?

I haven’t tried SM 500 or Red Bull but the German snuffs are so different to the British ones. I guess it’s due to the oil versus water thing to a large degree.

Any ideas on how to open the round tin cans from UK? they seam to be stuck. Thanks a gain.

I got it open. The funny thing is. Its half empty. It looks like I did go for it. At some point :wink:

If you’re happy with paying Visa or MasterCard, just order here: https://mrsnuff.com/index.php?cPath=110\_114&sort=2a&page=2

To me, there is no stronger menthol blast than Red Bull. I’m a lover of menthol but Red Bull is too much for me. By strong, that is what Poschl are referring to, the menthol/eucalyptus hit, not the nicotine strength which is quite low.

So I guess that might be the reason why I like it. :wink: Now that you mentioned it. I think the stregnth might be in the feel not in the buzz or scent. I guess. I don’t like when the aroma is over powering. I do have to admit if I go on for to long my skin could start burning under my nose. On the other hand the clogging is another killer. But I still wish I had more. I guess I’ll need to order some. How is the Anis from psocol compared to red bull? Anything to compare?

Anis is the one tapbox Poschl I will use occasionally. It’s not bad at all.

Very interesting, yesterday I met a guy which snuffs exclusively medicated .99 I asked for a pinch. And had a short chat with him and interestingly had ask for another pinch before we departed. It was pretty tempting. Anyone familiar enough with Red Bull and medicated .99 to compare the two? Any resemblence in strength or aroma? I find that not all menthol have same aroma For example. Wilson of sparrow extra menthol . To me it smells like sperment gum. And I just don’t like it in snuff.

I liked 99 but just feel there are nicer medicated snuffs such as l260 and o&g. Wilson’s (same folk who make 99, not to be confused with Wilsons of Sharrow) SP no 1 is very nice. The tobacco base is delightful

Sorry, and sp 1 stand for?

What SP stands for is a subject of much debate and I’m unsure there’s a conclusive answer. SP is a type of snuff, usually quite plain with a hint of bergamot. There are lots of SPs on the market and some are very popular. I’m snuffing one right now (Gold Label). SP stands for either SPanish or Sheffield Pride. If I remember correctly @Roderick‌ says it is SPanish so that’s what I’m inclined to believe.

Before I make a final decision and order more I’d like to mention a few snuffs please. I do understand it all comes down to what I like, It is just that I’m trying to figure that out my self :slight_smile: So as mentioned, I recently fell in love with Red bull and since then not so much with the Packard and Gawith Apricot. Now that I ran out of the Red Bull, I started looking back to what I have and tried in the past. And interestingly the Mychystal is something I thought I’m not in too, but found an empty one. Which means I at one point used that more regularly. But now as I keep on checking back to it, nah, not what i’m looking for. Same with F&T old Paris. The tin is empty, and this is not a small can. and amazingly the thing has a few pinches left. The Toque original is a pretty full tin. Also, when I picked up the Red bull i picked up a Wilson & Sharow Extra menthol. But I found that to have more of a spermenty aroma. to much, not the menthol I am used to I guess. So in the last few days of reviewing, I also personally came a cross medicated .99 and that appealed to me and I had to take another pinch before I departed with the person. Interestingly , The SM 500 , I took a pinch this morning and thought i smelled the F&T old Paris but more mentholated. I didn’t hate it. So from researching and reading this is what I came down to, (and of course only trying them will let me know what I like. So the only options is ordering.) So I want to try and and narrow it down a little. From what I was suggested. What it comes down to is, and please correct me if I’m wrong. I’m more of a menthol type snuffer. Interestingly, I mentioned to more then one person that I tried the medicated .99 and they suggested I try the L260 Funny thing is, I look at one of my old invoices and I see that I once ordered it. So here is my list, Red Bull, for sure atleast 4-5 of the bulk pack medicated .99 at least 1 L260 - at least 1 I do want to try something else with eucalyptus with the same idea as red bull, (But maybe water based that I can try and see if it is true that water based doesn’t clog the nose as much .please give me a suggestion? Never tried a schmalzer, which one should I try if I like menthol, / red bull, / Sorry for the long rant, And thanks in advance for your support.

I’m wondering if I should also order A Fubar medic?

McChrystals O&G is a must try, considered the best menthol snuff by many a snuffer myself included

Very interesting, I know I used plenty of it in the passed. I found a empty tin of it. But for some reason at the moment I do not like it. Maybe it needs to air out more before using. Or something.

Oh I should mention one of you really got me interested in Zwiefacher. I looked it up and see a lot of good reviews.

Friendlyman, if you are obsessed with menthol, but nevertheless want to test a schmalzler, then Zwiefacher is a must try :). Schmalzlers don’t have menthol. This is a mix of a schmalzler and a medicated snuff and it works damn well. :slight_smile: However, as expected, the menthol is not as much present as in many pöschl’s products. Give it a try.

The product by the competition (Poschl) is Bayern-Prise which is also a snuff-schmalzler hybrid.

Dose anyone have a link they can guide me to that can explain the difference or the uniqueness of schmalzer snuffs vs the other snuffs? Unless your in the mood of writing. Thanks.