THE BEST SNUFF OF ALL TIME!

Difficult. My constant companion is WoS Jockey Club. However, my desert island luxury would be Sternecker Echt Fresko - it doesn’t have the beautiful complexity of some of the artisan snuffs we are seeing at the moment, but as plain simple tobacco it can’t be beaten.

@JakartaBoy I’ve heard many speak well of F & T High Dry Toast, what’s it like?

@JakartaBoy I’ve heard many speak well of F & T High Dry Toast, what’s it like?

@Thunderbird, fine, dry, unscented, strong, with a good, strong tobacco flavour, with nutty, buttery notes.

Also taste change like the seasons depending on your climate change.

As @basement_shaman says. My answer was completely honest and sincere when I gave it, but right now I’m leaning towards White Elephant. In truth, there is no best snuff, only many great ones.

Bernard’s Cardinal and Virginie and SG’s KB Original are by far my favorites. @MattAkaSoup‌ welcome aboard, you’re gonna love the 'Nam

I do not believe there is a best snuff of all time. Folk’s preferences vary wildly and that’s great. Having said that, O&G would be my desert island snuff simply because it’s the snuff I use the most. My nose is never not in the mood for O&G. Whenever I can’t decide which snuff I want, I always pick O&G. But that’s just me. Everyone else’s tastes are just as valid.

@Thunderbird - F&T High Dry Toast is well worth trying - even if you don’t like it, it will give you a good benchmark for what English-style toasts are like. If you can get some US plain Scotch then you might also find it interesting to try it alongside HDT.

Not a clue in hell, at one point or another everything seems to be my favourite and best snuff.

Blimey.It’s impossible to say one is the best of all time as there are so many different types, by which I mean perfume scented, fruit scented, drink scented, food scented, and even tobacco scented. Who’d have thought they’d come up with that last one, eh? :wink: It can also change from day to day for me, the one constant being Samuel Gawith Black Coffee, which I’d find hard to live without. I know that because it wasn’t available for a while so I had to try!

There’s so much to choose from, as a newby myself I started with WoS as there my local. It comes to me as fresh as it’s ever going to get and sampling my way through there range so far I keep going back to the Tom Buck. It’s way to early days yet but if you haven’t tried it yet it’s a must have

It may be a little boring, but WoS SP-100 is probably my all-time favorite. Not because it’s particularly spectacular, just because it is my snuff of choice when I want a simple, no-nonsense snuff. There are plenty of snuffs that I like more, but I have to be in the mood for them. As @snuffysnuff put it so well; my nose is never not in the mood for it.

There’s so much to choose from, as a newby myself I started with WoS as there my local. It comes to me as fresh as it’s ever going to get and sampling my way through there range so far I keep going back to the Tom Buck. It’s way to early days yet but if you haven’t tried it yet it’s a must have

I have some Tom Buck. Purchased it with my recent, first snuff order, I have only had two pinches so far. Im set back a little from it because of its ammonia like smell. (From the tin) Is that because its new and fresh from the tin? Or a bad batch? How would i deal with this, or what can I do?

@MatadorMan‌ it’s a sign of freshness. Decant some to a snuffbox and let it air for a few hours and the ammonia smell will disappear.

I have some Tom Buck. Purchased it with my recent, first snuff order, I have only had two pinches so far. Im set back a little from it because of its ammonia like smell. (From the tin) Is that because its new and fresh from the tin? Or a bad batch? How would i deal with this, or what can I do?

Yeah the Ammonia will clear once its been opened a bit more, its always the same when you crack it open for the first time.

It may be a little boring, but WoS SP-100 is probably my all-time favorite. Not because it’s particularly spectacular, just because it is my snuff of choice when I want a simple, no-nonsense snuff. There are plenty of snuffs that I like more, but I have to be in the mood for them. As @snuffysnuff put it so well; my nose is never not in the mood for it.

I’ve just ordered some various small tins to try for the first time, one of which is SP 100 as it sounds good, I’m aiming for the plains and darks. I don’t think it’s boring at all

You’ll come to appreciate the ammonia. As stated above, it’s a sign of freshness. I don’t bother to air it out.

SWS Havana Toast. I contemplate on whether or not to fiend out on this last 15g tin or keep on saving it for a rainy day, this is the best snuff I have ever had. I love toast, and keep more than a few on hand, but I would trade them all for more of this and never look back. Sure the rarity of it may drive it up on the list a bit, but even if I had all I wanted, it would still shine as a true masterpiece.

Spanish Jewel as it was named is my choice for all time.

Damn! Sure wish I could have tried Spanish Jewel.

6Photo Kailash! I know I keep throwing it out there, but I think it is amazing.