Snuff and beer

Oh yeah - this is my ‘local’: http://www.blackcountryarms.co.uk/ Looking forward to Itchen Valley’s “Belgarum” coming on - McChrystal’s S’nuff and Bouquet/Golden Pinch go particularly well with this IMHO.

2 Likes

@Vostok - to quote Monty Python - “you lucky, lucky, b^^^^^d.” What a selection of beers and some of them only £2.30 a pint in the afternoon and early evening. There are pubs in London where you would pay twice that for not very good beer. Enjoy your beer and snuff

1 Like

I am liking Corona beer with some Toque lime

2 Likes

Having a San Mig and some WoS Best SP. Will move onto the St.Casura later on, perhaps when I hit the vodka.

2 Likes

Viking Dark and Guinness hitting the mark.

2 Likes

While I usually prefer a whiskey, scotch, or bourbon; I do like a nice dark porter with a sweet scotch or a black IPA with a snuff with citrus notes.

1 Like

Guinness stout is available in a number of variants and strengths, which include: . Guinness Draught , sold in kegs, widget cans, and bottles: 4.1 to 4.3% alochol by volume (ABV); the Extra Cold is served through a super cooler at 3.5

1 Like

Bira White with a Madras snuff or an Indian white.

2 Likes

_ Michelob Dark, with pretty much any plain Snuff, Also just about any good Brown Ale.  G’Day _

2 Likes

Last night I was enjoying Manhattans with Sam Gawith Black Rappee.

3 Likes

I enjoy an IPA with St. Casura in the nose, problem is St Casura is no longer made :((

2 Likes

Toque Lavender and Bells Oberon working well together here

1 Like

I like dental scotch with a light beer, usually a miller or bud.

1 Like

SG Black Rappee with Guinness.

3 Likes

McChrystal’s Hopfenschnupf (or Keg I think it is now - can’t get used to the crappy new names) was originally made for someone in Germany for OktoberFest. It lives on.

It is brilliant with stronger tasting beers: a good high IBU IPA or solid Porter.

Alone I don’t rate it highly, but paired it is tough to beat.

dave

2 Likes

Lundy Foot and Heady Topper, I think Im in heaven. Just got off of work after a 24 hour shift cleaning pipelines, and I cant think of a better way to relax. One of the most high quality snuffs I have tried, with a nice nicotine hit, mixed with the ultimate hoppy beer.

1 Like

I only have American Scotches at the moment, which I prefer with a good bourbon.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried too many combinations yet but my current favorite beer is Odell IPA and it goes well with my favorite snuff, F&T HDT. But I just now tried it with SG Kendal Brown, figuring the citrus notes would go well with it and it does for sure.

I just noticed there’s an F&T Kendal Brown, but it’s perfumed. Which do you snuffers consider the best KB?

Side note: I must have 20-30 different kinds of snuff by now and I still feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface! <3

@Psybin SG KB, the one and only. Well, there are four of them, actually:

https://sharrowmills.com/category/samuel-gawith

WoS used to make one, too, but it was floral (geranium scented) SP, a light-year far from true KB, just as F&T version.

Discontinued GH KBs were fairly similar to SG.

@volunge Thanks, glad to know I got the right one! The reviews help a lot. It certainly is great.