Snuff and beer

I generally steer clear of fruit-scented snuffs when drinking, with the exception of my fave rave FC Bayern, which in any case is very “general” in it’s fruitiness. Just happens to be the snuff that travels everywhere with me. I don’t drink lager unless one is referring to European bottled beer, so for me it’s usually a well-hopped real ale which I find SP’s and plain dark snuffs work best with for me.

1 Like

Oh yeah - this is my ‘local’: http://www.blackcountryarms.co.uk/ Looking forward to Itchen Valley’s “Belgarum” coming on - McChrystal’s S’nuff and Bouquet/Golden Pinch go particularly well with this IMHO.

2 Likes

@Vostok - to quote Monty Python - “you lucky, lucky, b^^^^^d.” What a selection of beers and some of them only £2.30 a pint in the afternoon and early evening. There are pubs in London where you would pay twice that for not very good beer. Enjoy your beer and snuff

1 Like

I am liking Corona beer with some Toque lime

2 Likes

Having a San Mig and some WoS Best SP. Will move onto the St.Casura later on, perhaps when I hit the vodka.

2 Likes

Viking Dark and Guinness hitting the mark.

2 Likes

While I usually prefer a whiskey, scotch, or bourbon; I do like a nice dark porter with a sweet scotch or a black IPA with a snuff with citrus notes.

1 Like

Guinness stout is available in a number of variants and strengths, which include: . Guinness Draught , sold in kegs, widget cans, and bottles: 4.1 to 4.3% alochol by volume (ABV); the Extra Cold is served through a super cooler at 3.5

1 Like

Bira White with a Madras snuff or an Indian white.

2 Likes

_ Michelob Dark, with pretty much any plain Snuff, Also just about any good Brown Ale.  G’Day _

2 Likes

Last night I was enjoying Manhattans with Sam Gawith Black Rappee.

3 Likes

I enjoy an IPA with St. Casura in the nose, problem is St Casura is no longer made :((

2 Likes

Toque Lavender and Bells Oberon working well together here

1 Like

I like dental scotch with a light beer, usually a miller or bud.

1 Like

SG Black Rappee with Guinness.

3 Likes

McChrystal’s Hopfenschnupf (or Keg I think it is now - can’t get used to the crappy new names) was originally made for someone in Germany for OktoberFest. It lives on.

It is brilliant with stronger tasting beers: a good high IBU IPA or solid Porter.

Alone I don’t rate it highly, but paired it is tough to beat.

dave

2 Likes

Lundy Foot and Heady Topper, I think Im in heaven. Just got off of work after a 24 hour shift cleaning pipelines, and I cant think of a better way to relax. One of the most high quality snuffs I have tried, with a nice nicotine hit, mixed with the ultimate hoppy beer.

1 Like

I only have American Scotches at the moment, which I prefer with a good bourbon.

2 Likes

I haven’t tried too many combinations yet but my current favorite beer is Odell IPA and it goes well with my favorite snuff, F&T HDT. But I just now tried it with SG Kendal Brown, figuring the citrus notes would go well with it and it does for sure.

I just noticed there’s an F&T Kendal Brown, but it’s perfumed. Which do you snuffers consider the best KB?

Side note: I must have 20-30 different kinds of snuff by now and I still feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface! <3

@Psybin SG KB, the one and only. Well, there are four of them, actually:

https://sharrowmills.com/category/samuel-gawith

WoS used to make one, too, but it was floral (geranium scented) SP, a light-year far from true KB, just as F&T version.

Discontinued GH KBs were fairly similar to SG.