Snuff and beer

Snuff with Beer … Any will do me …

2 Likes

McChrystals Hopfensnuif for me with a good pilsner on a hot afternoon is a good treat…

I go through piles of Viking Dark and/or Toque Natural Toast with my Canadian Ale.

1 Like

I saw the thread title and just thought “yes please” :smiley:

4 Likes

St Casura is a great beer snuff.

Trice brewed and a decent English beer such as 6X , great combo

Or thrice brewed with Batemans XXXB! That must be fate.

Kendal brown, Berwick brown, SPs, plain snuffs … even the less potent/pungeant florals such as Ambassador work well with ales. Lager is different as it doesn’t have the strength of taste to me, though something like Viking Brown or Blonde is OK, or a nice SP and WoS Thyme and Lemon works well with lager (fizzy beer) too

I generally steer clear of fruit-scented snuffs when drinking, with the exception of my fave rave FC Bayern, which in any case is very “general” in it’s fruitiness. Just happens to be the snuff that travels everywhere with me. I don’t drink lager unless one is referring to European bottled beer, so for me it’s usually a well-hopped real ale which I find SP’s and plain dark snuffs work best with for me.

1 Like

Oh yeah - this is my ‘local’: http://www.blackcountryarms.co.uk/ Looking forward to Itchen Valley’s “Belgarum” coming on - McChrystal’s S’nuff and Bouquet/Golden Pinch go particularly well with this IMHO.

2 Likes

@Vostok - to quote Monty Python - “you lucky, lucky, b^^^^^d.” What a selection of beers and some of them only £2.30 a pint in the afternoon and early evening. There are pubs in London where you would pay twice that for not very good beer. Enjoy your beer and snuff

1 Like

I am liking Corona beer with some Toque lime

2 Likes

Having a San Mig and some WoS Best SP. Will move onto the St.Casura later on, perhaps when I hit the vodka.

2 Likes

Viking Dark and Guinness hitting the mark.

2 Likes

While I usually prefer a whiskey, scotch, or bourbon; I do like a nice dark porter with a sweet scotch or a black IPA with a snuff with citrus notes.

1 Like

Guinness stout is available in a number of variants and strengths, which include: . Guinness Draught , sold in kegs, widget cans, and bottles: 4.1 to 4.3% alochol by volume (ABV); the Extra Cold is served through a super cooler at 3.5

1 Like

Bira White with a Madras snuff or an Indian white.

2 Likes

_ Michelob Dark, with pretty much any plain Snuff, Also just about any good Brown Ale.  G’Day _

2 Likes

Last night I was enjoying Manhattans with Sam Gawith Black Rappee.

3 Likes

I enjoy an IPA with St. Casura in the nose, problem is St Casura is no longer made :((

2 Likes