Looking for a SWEET licorice flavor snus

I saw someone in the ‘Whatcha Chewin, Dippin, Snussin?’ thread post that they were using Thunder licorice. I am unaware that this even exists, and googling this lead me nowhere. What’s up with that?

V2 tobacco’s main website (http://www.v2tobacco.com/snus-products.php) doesn’t even list it in their catalogue.

Afaik thunder doesnt have licorice, offroad does, same maker

https://mrsnuff.com/product\_info.php?products\_id=3331

@Nikolaos‌ looks good, but not available here… must be why ive never had it.

It’s so strange that V2 wouldn’t have that on their catalogue. I was thinking maybe it was one of those one-time special limited production flavors that Thunder does come out with once in a while, but that doesn’t seem like it either if they are regularly selling it on mrsnuff.com. Interesting.

@DopamineRush‌ it’s chewing tobacco rather than snus and is primarily for he European market due to the snus ban so it won’t be in the snus catalogue.

@skell18, I noticed that on the picture of the can. The pouches are actually made for actually chewing on?

@DopamineRush‌ no you still use it like snus, no chewing tobacco should be chewed (except American chew), it’s the ultimate irony!

Well that’s the funny thing, CHEWING tobacco is loose leaf that is meant to be masticated gently. Dip is not chew, and nor is snus. Funny how they call these “chew bags”, hahah.

Well that’s the funny thing, CHEWING tobacco is loose leaf that is meant to be masticated gently. Dip is not chew, and nor is snus. Funny how they call these “chew bags”, hahah.

its cause of the snus-ban in EU, just a way to get around it by labeling it chew. Why snus is banned is beyond me.

@Rogue, it’s banned in the EU because of an axis of political bullshit. Axis 1: the cigarette industrial complex. Simply put, big cigarette companies would lose big profit if snus caught on. One might easily ask “but what if they switched to manufacturing snus to get in on the profit?”. Well, it’s not that simple and I can’t get into it right now without writing a gigantic post on it. They won’t do it for the same reason American cigarette companies in the 1970s destroyed and eliminated the safe cigarette that the cigarette company Liggett created in their R&D at the time. Its also the same reason why studies into American snus (Marlboro and Camel snus) by a few American universities determined that Marlboro and Camel were purposely making their snus under-strength, ‘disgusting’, and a put-off to smokers - they wanted to keep smokers on cigarettes. Axis 2: the anti-smoking movement. As well meaning as the anti-smoking movement is in reducing and eliminating cigarette use worldwide, they have unjustly attacked ALL FORMS OF TOBACCO and painted all forms of tobacco with the same brush. Hence why there is so much false propaganda out there about chew, dip, and even snus as being “really, really bad” and “even worse than cigarettes”. Really?! ‘even worse’? Not a shred of clinical evidence to support these claims. I do also believe that the anti-smoking movement is just as corrupt as the cigarette companies. You know the saying “if you can’t beat 'em, join 'em”? That’s what I firmly believe has happened with the anti-smoking movement and the cigarette companies. Circa the 1980s and 1990s, I think that because of the threat the anti-smoking movement posed to the cigarette companies, the cig companies with all their power, political influence, and infinite funds approached the anti-smoking crusaders and said to them “lets make a deal”. Enough said. Axis 3: politics. Politics. Politics. How many politicians have rallied behind some stupid movement/cause/slogan in order to gather more votes, popularity, and ultimately, power and money? This anti-snus crap with the EU has that written all over it. Not to mention I believe many politicans have cashed in on the same “deal” I mentioned above that they have possibly made with the anti-tobacco zealots. The anti-tobacco zealots want to project only two options to smokers: either quit smoking cold turkey (or with marginally effective NRT products), or continue smoking and die. No other alternatives allowed. Either option means only one thing: more cigarettes sold. NRT products have an average of a 16% success rate in getting smokers to quit. Snus has something like a 56% success rate. The former leads more smokers to fail quitting, and consequently keep smoking, and of course buying more cigarettes! Any time you want to know the real truth behind something, just follow the money.

@DopamineRush‌ But in Denmark only loose snus and chew is allowed, not a complete ban, which is something that doesnt make much sense

@Rogue it is technically banned in Denmark, they just ignore it for lös.

@Skell18 Really? I heard loose was legal there, and it only makes sense considering some loose snus variants are made in Denmark.

@Rogue‌ I’m not sure of the technicalities but they tried to stop them selling the lös but Denmark told them where to go and they would continue selling it.

fck all, pop some fennel up your snout, that’ll cure any licorice cravings right quick

My friends, I have finally gotten around to opening and trying the Mocca Lakrits mini white portion, and I am very impressed!! It is slightly sweet, but definitely sweet compared to the previous two licorice snuses that I tried (Oden’s Extreme Licorice and Jakobssons Licorice). Oden’s Extreme Licorice: Not sweet at all. Pure licorice taste. Still very good! Jakobsson’s Licorice: Not sweet. Has a slight element of herbal sweetness to it, but would not be considered ‘sweet’ by any degree. Mocca Lakrits: Slightly sweet. Complements the licorice flavor very well, and the sweetness is so subtle it isn’t even noticeable if you DON’T purposely go looking for it. I think this would be perfect for those who aren’t into sweet licorice but wouldn’t mind tasting an element of it there if they bother to notice it. The smell is also quite different from the other licorice snus I tried, it’s almost literally like going to Bulk Barn, walking to the bin containing licorice, and dunking your face in it to take a whiff. The actual licorice taste is REALLY good, this is definitely a very high quality snus and I would say thus far it is my favorite licorice snus. They are mini white portions, so the flavor takes a good 15 or 20 minutes to release, and I also need to double-barrel the portions to get a decent nicotine hit. My only complaint is that Mocca doesn’t make a regular portion version of this, but alas, I believe this line of snus is designed for the female market (hence this being mini white portions). Next up on my list of licorice flavors to try after this can is done will be LD Salmiak, followed by Catch licorice snus. I highly recommend Mocca Lakrits for anyone who is a fan of licorice though!

Oh, I also forgot, I have General licorice to eventually get to as well…

Just opened up LD Salmiak today. This is definitely the best licorice snus I’ve tried so far. Next to go is General licorice and Catch licorice.