Looking for a SWEET licorice flavor snus

So, I happen to LOVE licorice, the real black licorice. It’s funny because when you’re a kid, black licorice is gross and disgusting, and most adults don’t even like it. Seems to be an acquired taste and I came to love it later on. The best thing about eating a bag of black licorice is that when around friends or other people, nobody wants to mooch off you because most people hate it. Regardless, it seems to be a very prized candy/confectionary in Northern Europe in the Nordic countries (and in Europe in general). My cousins are half Swedish, and I was at their grandmother’s 90th birthday party a few weeks back, and one of the desserts there was a bowl of the BEST tasting original Swedish black licorice I’ve ever had. Anyhow, I’ve collected a bunch of licorice flavored snus that is sitting in my fridge waiting for me to try them one by one. There’s a ton of licorice flavored snus on the market, but here is what I’ve got stocked up in the fridge and waiting to be used: - Mocca Lakrits mini portions - General Licorice - LD Salmiak I’m currently going through a can of Jakobsson’s licorice, and the only other licorice flavor I have tried was Oden’s Extreme licorice, which I found to be bland but I did enjoy it. Jakobsson’s licorice isn’t sweet by any means, but has more of an herbal sweetness to it that Oden’s didn’t have. Having tried Jakobsson’s melon previously, I expected the licorice flavor to be sweet but no avail. Has anyone tried any of the brands I’ve listed? Or any other brands for that matter? I’ve read amazing things about LD and people do describe it as a sweet licorice, but everyone’s taste perception can be different.

The LD Salmiak is the best of the bunch, I love salmiak liquorice so that one is always a good one. Not had the general so can’t comment but it has anise in and a lot from what I read. The best oral tobacco with a liquorice em taste are Oliver twists, especially the black, which is salmiak, and the royal which is British liquorice. If you haven’t tried it yet, try off-road lakrits, that is quite sweet.

Thanks for the input! However, Offroad… Eeewww! I was tempted to buy a can of their licorice flavor but the last (and only) Offroad snus I’ve tried so far was Offroad Green Apple mini portions and they were the ABSOLUTE WORST snus I’ve ever had. So much so that I vowed to never buy any Offroad products again.

Sweet licorice snus is almost not possible. Since snus is salty, the salt counteracts the sweet to a degree. N&J Black Tarmac was sweeter than most but sadly gone now. I HATE sweet licorice candy, I love most licorice snus. General Licorice is my current favorite. LD is good, but very hard to get in the US. Offroad snus is a love it or hate is brand. Some flavors are great some are horrible, but even if you hated one flavor ( the apple was awful) you might like another. Slightly off topic, when I visited Stockholm I found there are a variety of salted licorice candies available. I thought I’d try it since I liked salted licorice snus…bad idea. Vile. Although since it’s sold in a lot of shops I guess a bunch of Swedes like it. Something about licorice and tobacco together is good to me, licorice alone doesn’t do it.

@DopamineRush‌ don’t judge the whole line by one snus alone, if I judged general on the wintergreen portions I would never use general again! The off-road has what you’re looking for in terms of tastes so just try a can and see how you get on with it.

@Skell18, Why not, doesn’t hurt to give the Offroad licorice flavor a try. That apple was just so bad though, and I tried to google Offroad and found a lot of discussions on forums where a lot of people in general were hating really hard on that brand. That was after I tried the apple flavor, so I guess I was further turned off from it when I read all kinds of comments from people about how they disliked Offroad in general. @bigmick, Are you sure having a sweet licorice isn’t possible? I’ve hit quite a few sweet snuses that were REALLY good. Some I can name off the top of my head: Nick and Johnny Captain Yankee Nick and Johnny Crushed Ice Thunder Raspberry Jakobsson’s Melon Those were nice sweet tasting snuses that I found enjoyable, and all of them were not overly or sickeningly sweet or anything, so i’ll bet it must be possible to sweeten up the licorice flavor so that it’s like a lot of black licorice candy. I just tried looking up N&J Black Tarmac and you’re right, it’s discontinued. Would have loved to try that, because I am a big fan of the N&J line, I haven’t been disappointed by a single one of their flavors.

@bigmick‌ mate I love the salty liquorice! I normally don’t like liquorice but the salmiak! Love it! Must be the Nordic blood in me :wink:

@DopamineRush‌ off-road is a bit marmite, personally I don’t mind the apple. A lot of stark and extra stark snuses have liquorice in them, it’s liquorice root, which is naturally sweet so try one of those, general extra strong is my favourite, nick and Johnny original edge has the strongest tasting lakrits flavour. It doesn’t come on at first, it takes about 20-30 minutes to present itself, so try one of those too and see how you get on, FYI the don’t have any anise flavour, just the liquorice root flavour, which is perfect IMO.

Ctch lakris/lakrits/licorice. Its sweet as hell, its snus, and it tastes like licorice.

catch*, pardon my typo. Def worth a shot if you like sweet licorice, not strong in the nic department though, more of a treat in my opinion. Also, snus-types like general wintergreen etc is really hard to find here in the nordic countries, and therefore, I can hardly call it snus, not to mention it wasnt even made for the actual snus-market, but american dippers to win some customers. The snus-market here doesnt really change much at all. While you see general wintergreen in your grocery stores, we have the good old general original, and youd be on a lifelong quest to find wg. Offroad is really hard to come by here aswell, havent seen it in a norwegian store, nor swedish, def easier in Denmark. Danish snus is for some nasty reason seen as dirty snus around these parts =( anyway, try the catch snuses, loaded with flavor

I forgot about the catch! You can buy general wintergreen at snus2 in Gothenburg , I think it’s the only shop in swede that sells it as it was made for the US market. General wintergreen is wrong anyway! Although, if for some perverse reason it’s the only snus we could get here in the UK, I would buy it, as it’s snus, alas we can’t get any snus :frowning:

@DopamineRush‌ I said almost…it can be done but rarely and more rarely well. @Skell18‌ you’re odd. :wink: I forgot about Catch licorice. I’ve got it in my head Catch only comes in minis…No idea why. General Wintergreen is not snus. It’s available all around me. Abomination. The only wintergreen tobacco I tolerate is Odens, and then only if it’s free.

@Skell18‌ well, at least you can get snuff easily, thats hard here. Its funny how snus costs more over here than it does everywhere else. If theres a snus-type youd like to try, I could send it over to the uk by mail as a gift if you want to. You havent tried snus before you buy it in Sweden =D

I saw someone in the ‘Whatcha Chewin, Dippin, Snussin?’ thread post that they were using Thunder licorice. I am unaware that this even exists, and googling this lead me nowhere. What’s up with that?

V2 tobacco’s main website (http://www.v2tobacco.com/snus-products.php) doesn’t even list it in their catalogue.

Afaik thunder doesnt have licorice, offroad does, same maker

https://mrsnuff.com/product\_info.php?products\_id=3331

@Nikolaos‌ looks good, but not available here… must be why ive never had it.

It’s so strange that V2 wouldn’t have that on their catalogue. I was thinking maybe it was one of those one-time special limited production flavors that Thunder does come out with once in a while, but that doesn’t seem like it either if they are regularly selling it on mrsnuff.com. Interesting.

@DopamineRush‌ it’s chewing tobacco rather than snus and is primarily for he European market due to the snus ban so it won’t be in the snus catalogue.