Least perfumed Fribourg & Treyer?

Hi! SnuffStore.co.uk is having a sale of Fribourg & Treyer snuffs. I already tried Bordeaux and Morocco, but they are too perfumey and heavy for me. Except for High Dry Toast, which i will get, which other subtle varieties can you recommend? Coarse-milled snuffs are out too because my nose reacts violently to them :slight_smile: Thank you.

Give a try to Kendal Brown , very nice snuff

Kendal Brown is coarse… Some sources say Old Paris is coarse, some - medium. Can please someone confirm?

Mid-coarse i guess compared to Africans

semi coarse and awesome. Not too perfume but if you don’t want perfume look else wheres.

The F&T Kendal Brown is not coarsely ground. Indeed, it’s not really a KB at all. I would describe it and Old Paris both as a medium grind.

French Carrotte isn’t too over the top with the scenting, at least compared to the others I’ve tried.

I just opened a tin of Seville. Take that one off your list if you don’t like strongly scented. I’d say the same for Old Paris, too. I get the impression that HDT is a very atypical F&T snuff. It’s my favourite, the only one of the range that I could use all day – or even very frequently. I have some Dr. Justice that I haven’t opened yet, but I’m not expecting that one to be much less strongly scented, either.

Not being a fan of perfume or florals, HDT is the only F&T I like, and I really like that one. The HDT has a buttery quality to it that I find unique and rich.

Morocco is more citrus than floral and HDT is a plain. Kendal Brown is scented and my least favorite of all F&T’s. It lacks nicotine and while others here may love it, in my opinion it doesnt even come close to SG’s KB. Very ordinary…(let the attacks begin)

I agree with you @BigNose F&T Kendal Brown has no right to call itself Kendal Brown and is my least favorite F&T snuff

@tikov HDT is the only truly unscented F&T snuff. @n9inchnails is correct that the F&T Kendal Brown is not heavily scented and it is NOT coarse because it is NOT a Kendal Brown (though it is a decent mild floral medium grind snuff) but may be worth checking out. @crullers is smoking crack (teasing, dude) or something this morning because French Carotte is probably the most scented one. Its got a heavy sandalwood and is very sweet. I like it but its not for everyone. Most would steer you to Old Paris, which is probably the only medium grind one that is not perfumy, though it is scented. Santo Domingo, also not perfumy, is on the coarse side but its pretty nice also. also @jakartaboy the Dr. Justice is just a 50/50 combo of Morlaix and Bordeaux, both of which are perfumy. It was custom made for the late celebrity and simply developed a following, but was easy to make so they kept it. I prefer the two as distinct snuffs myself. Also similarly, Bureau, the recent “revived” snuff is just 6 of their other snuffs mixed (though the ratio is secret) it seems to bias towards Morocco to my scent, but is an ok snuff. F&T, by and large is a grandma’s purse kind of smell set. Their branding is gourmet/high end but its not real wide a selection. If you like perfumed snuffs you’ll love them all (me), but for unscented they don’t have a lot. Anyway, and F&T sale is pretty awesome, and they do make valuable trade fodder later if you don’t like them. So its a good time to try the whole range. I remember when Northerner was selling them for about half the cost due to some bizarre glitch and I got the whole range. I learned to like them all.

@crullers is smoking crack (teasing, dude) or something this morning because French Carotte is probably the most scented one. Its got a heavy sandalwood and is very sweet. I like it but its not for everyone.

With Rob Ford now in rehab I have a chance of finding some crack around here :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve had mine sealed up and stored away for quite awhile but this made me dig it out and bring it in to work with me today. I must have an old tin or something. I get the sweetness and something I suppose must be sandalwood, though it does not remind me of sandalwood incense. It’s very nice but is completely gone in about 15 minutes, not lingering for hours like Dr. JR Justice. It’s certainly not overpowering at first sniff in any way like the Dr. Justice, Princes Special, or Seville ( :-& ) I’ve tried. Of course, it’s possible my schnoz is broken. Maybe give it a try @tikov, the price is right and if you don’t like it, it should be easy to trade as @Xander said.

@crullers I agree with you about “French carotte” (and I´m not on crack either… maybe just a bit high on SNAFU Plain) @-) . I know everybody say it, but I don´t pick up sandalwood at all, as I clearly do with some Indian Snuffs. When I first smelled FC it brought to me memories of childhood, because I instantly linked its aroma to some sort of candy artificial smell, like fruit toffees or candy powder. Too sweet (and a bit pungent) to say that sandalwood rules here, IMHO… or maybe some of us got a rare batch of French Carotte. :-?

Thank you very much, i’ll go with HDT for now. Three years of using snuff now and i find myself switching more and more to medium or fine grind, plain tobacco snuff. Currently destroying my second bulk bag of Toque Natural with an alarming rate :slight_smile: