Hedges L260 at breakfast time..is there anything finer?

Have taken to starting my day with a pinch of Hedges, often that’s the only time I’ll take it as it’s a bit full-on to be sniffing all day. What’s your favourite breakfast snuff?

I’ve been using up so much Hedges in the early morning hours I wont have any left in a couple days here. It’s just a little too strong for my tastes (physically hurts the front part of my nose after a while) but the tobacco base is really lovely.

Coffee and dokha! wooo!

Most of the time: SWS Lundy foot, White elephant, NB Madras L.260, SM Blue, 6 Photo No.666 But is more one the mood of wake up…

Hedges is my first and last snuff of the day. I would like to find something close that is available in bulk, though. Any ideas?

@mecompo All the Wilsons of Sharrow snuffs are available in bulk, so that might be a good avenue to try. I don’t use much menthol snuff, but I’m sure there are some serious menthol heads here who could advise further.

@mecompo All the Wilsons of Sharrow snuffs are available in bulk, so that might be a good avenue to try. I don’t use much menthol snuff, but I’m sure there are some serious menthol heads here who could advise further.

Yes, would love to have some input. How does 666 compare (I know one really can’t compare English and Indian snuff), but still, would it be a suitable replacement?

i dont think 666 would be a suitable replacement, though based on my understanding that it is a stronger 66 it would make a good change to have around, i love my 66. i reckon you are best looking at WoS range, not sure what to recommend as being closest to L260 though.

You might give Wilson’s Super Menthol a try. I alternate between it and L260. They are very similar in the menthol content, and the base tobaccos. The 666 is an Indian take on an English style snuff. Its pretty good. I think, however that it has a little Indian style to it, in addition to strong menthol. Its another one you might want to try, but thats just my opinion.

following some of the others in a red bull “wake up and cry” session. Then to 6 photo 66 with coffee. But just as of late…Started with the red bull, then a toast and marmalade with menthol mixer. Wonderful with coffee.

Sm Blue is my day starter. Have gone to others, L260 included but always end up back at the Blue. It’s the one i’ve spent the most on.

I think whacking myself in the face with a cast iron frying pan at breakfast time is more desirable than using Hedges for breakfast. For first pinch of the day, I like a fruity or floral snuff. This morning I greeted the day with a pinch of F&T Morocco

2 Likes

First pinch of the day, I want something that wakes me up. This is where mentholated snuffs come into play. I’ve been using Packard’s Club just lately, as Hedges and Wilson’s Super Menthol are both a bit more than necessary, and better saved for when I’m congested.

Hedges is the only thing that wakes me up in the morning; coffee can’t compare to this stuff. Follow it up with a spicy snuff to get my blood pumpin’, boom, you’ve got me.

1 Like

I haven’t had Hedges, but I do like to wake up to McChrystals English Menthol. Really perks me up.

I use whatever I feel like.

1 Like

@mecompo According to the WoS site, SM 500 is “The Sharrow equivalents of Hedges L260”, Has anyone had any experience with this ? Is Hedges made by WoS.

I want to try Hedges, but I prefer to order straight from the factories, I haven not had much success with ordering from the bigger stores, found that the snuff is not so fresh.

What about No 99 is that also from WoS ?

?

i like something strong and toasty in the morning

1 Like

@yisraeldov, I have both SM500 and L260. Never put them next to each other. But I might give it a try tomorrow, and see if there is a big diffenence between them two.

Btw, on topic, still have to find myself a suitable morning snuff, to get me off the sigarettes in the morning. That would be a great next step in quitting rollingtobacco…

1 Like