How much do you spend on snuff?

Not nearly enough but from $20-$100 a month depending on spare income. Seems there’s always something else i want.

I spend whatever extra money I have on snuff each month which is around $60 usually, and sometimes less. Although I have only made 4 snuff orders online in total. I just got into snuff around the late summer last year. I plan on building my supply as large as I can with my allotted $60 per month for snuff.

Whenever I have placed an order I try to keep it below 60.00 per an order. I will tell you that is far from an easy task to do so. It always is difficult to delete items from your basket when ordering from toque or Mr. Snuff, in order to remain on budget. I do like favorite, however, I will admit that even a 10 gram tin will last me a little while, it might be overkill for me to spend 100.00 plus on snuff a (week, month, etc.). In ideal circumstances I would say that I would maybe place an order once every couple of months (order 3-6 times a year), but I have had a lot going on with moving to Arizona, seeking employment, etc. However, for my snuff needs I think around 200 annual is fair. I also use many other types of tobacco as well so I also have to take cigars, snus, etc. into account when budgeting.

About £30 every two months,going to wait for mr snuff to iron out the bugs before my next order though.

I think about 200-300€ a year. Snuff is cheap in UK and Ireland, no excise duty and Wilsons of Sharrow and Toque sell directly to customers. Large tins are 3,60-3,80€ in shops here. Can’t complain.

1 big purchase every year when I restock my bulk “staples” Toque :Quit, SP Extra 6 photo: Natural, Kaliash Molens: Prins Regent,Macuba,Latakia Ao 1860. This order will run up quite a bill, but whatever it’s completely worth it. I’ll make a few small orders throughout the year to try new snuffs and see if anything is good enough to make the bulk list. St Casura for sure makes the bulk list

For me Snuff taking has been a rather long winded affair, in fact I have taking snuff on and off for years and tried lots of it during the time. I guess I have purchased loads of tins that I have not got on with, either to strong or to scented so I have spent a good deal of money finding out what I don’t like. As of late however I have returned to a snuff that was the first I ever tried, F and T Morocco and this has become my full time pleasure. I no longer rotate or mix. So, let’s face it, a medium tin of F T will last a long time so I really only spend a few quid a month on the snuff, if that…

I know with Indian white snuffs alone I go through 25g a week pretty much to a tee so that’s like 4 bucks a week I think including shipping. That’s pretty heavy use too by most people’s standards lol. I think Euro snuffs are somewhat more expensive but I don’t use them nearly as much as whites, whites are my staple Europeans are a treat at night.

Surprising little, since most of my current snuff is samples from Indian companies that i am currently planning to stock

It probably averages out at about £10 or £15 a month these days - but then I’m not buying snuffboxes any more, and I am experimenting far less. Mind you, once @indiansnuff opens I suspect there might be a bit of extra expenditure!

@indiansnuff, and when is the launch of your service going to be? Got a teaser website yet that will give us an idea what we can expect? I’m already excited about the large tins of WE that you mentioned.

@jakartaboy first stock shall be arriving in about 2 weeks hopefully. Will be opening with that, won’t be many brands but it’s a start lol, the rest of the orders are on various stages

Too Much!, yet Not Enough! #-o

For me about $30 a month. I’m still relatively new to snuff and searching for what snuffs I truly enjoy.

I am amazed at how much you guys spend on snuff, I am so tight that you could use my wallet as a grinder. I personally loath not using up a tin so unless I totally dislike the snuff I use before I buy more. All in all I might spend a fiver a month on it. A hundred…never!

I made 1-2 big orders per year, 400-1000€ depends on needs

I am amazed at how much you guys spend on snuff, I am so tight that you could use my wallet as a grinder. I personally loath not using up a tin so unless I totally dislike the snuff I use before I buy more. All in all I might spend a fiver a month on it. A hundred…never!

@snuffynose the replenished understand not the pain of the craving

1 Like

I just made a quick reality check because I started saving money on new hardware… It turns out to be somwhere around $25 a month. Not including shipping fees of course. Fees are the only reason why I rely more on local shops rather than buying bulks that are available online. Thats a shame, tried summing economic bags or tins with the shipping cost and it always turns out its not worth it at all for my small students budget. I could give up on more occasional stuff and stick to my fav plains for a while to save at least half of the sum… but the variety out there and this forum dont make it easy! 8-}

3 Likes

I spent 8 quid on snuff the other day …been spending about 12 pound a month on snus …but I have invested heavily in bulk snuff when the EU rules changed so I ve got kilos of nearly everything I enjoy … 

In my head the money I spend on snuff isn’t even ‘real’ anyway . In the UK tax regime a 30 pound big tub of Sharrow snuff is equivalent to about 180 quids worth of cigarette tobacco  …and that’s just by the weight . In use it goes a lot further too :)  

So even if I go nuts on snuff , I’m still saving big on tax  .

2 Likes

@Pikey, how long does a 100 g tin of MG Madras last for you? I went through it in 2 months, using as a staple snuff, with just a tad of this and that on top. 8 g thimble lasts me 5-7 days.

@Johano, Madras is a decent snuff for a student! Once you get on it, your interest in other snuffs fades out faster than you would imagine. Take a glance at this: http://www.snuffstore.co.uk/dragon-madras-100g-p-2965.html I think it makes 8 pounds (41 zl) with the shipping. If we are considering reducing the costs…

By the way, have you seen this- http://www.snuffstore.co.uk/photo-cheeta-chhap-gul-25g-p-2431.html ? It packs a better punch than white snuffs and is even somewhat easier to take.

If you have friends or relatives residing in the UK, you can ask them to order some snuff from sharrowmills.com before they are coming back home on their vacation. There’s a free delivery on orders over 15 pounds and you get it all fresh. Toque shipping to the UK addresses costs way less than to the continent.

1 Like