white elephant vs. Dholokia white

WOW export only. Sure is a large market not being utilized 17.4% of the world. I am so happy I have mine.

@horus92 W E snuff is only for export we are not supplying to any one for use in India.We can’t say about the taste as we know,it’s-use is for sniffing only.It depends on person to person also.

Ahh okay very interesting, thanks for responding! I think I asked 6 photo this once too, what countries do you mainly export to?

I believe a lot of the white snuffs go to Tibet.

ON BEHALF OF 41 PHOTO FAMILY WE WISH ALL THE SNUFF LOVERS AND 41 PHOTO LOVERS A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A PROSPEROUS NEW YEAR AHEAD

2 Likes

Same to you too! But maybe not post this in every thread where your snuffs are mentioned. It’s just silly and shows poor SoMe strategy. Best regards, Jari T

Same to you too! But maybe not post this in every thread where your snuffs are mentioned. It’s just silly and shows poor SoMe strategy. Best regards, Jari T

Agreed. I very nearly flagged them as Spam …

@Jari_T & 50ft_trad we really apologize but this was just a wishing note from our end for all our consumers who might no be available in this thread.

1 Like

@sahibkhan212 - Are you still active? Any chances of shipping WE to me in Mumbai?

P.S. Pretty weird, your comment that it is not for consumers in India, you being in India. Do you realise how that sounds?

3 Likes

I live in Karnataka state, India, and I buy White Elephant locally, as well as order from 6 Photo very cheap. Today I tried to order from Dolakia and they wanted to charge me over 4 times as much for a similar order that I made for 6 Photo. I paid about 1500 rupees for 50, 35gm tins of various snuff from 6Photo. I tried to order about 40, 25gm tins of snuff from Dolakia and they wanted to charge 8000 rupees. I really wanted to try Dolakia, but I will stay with 6 Photo for their amazing customer service, great prices, and quality product.

4 Likes

I haven’t tried WE yet, so can’t make a comparison yet.
@Monk Dholakia makes some decent quality snuffs. It’s a pitty company overprices their products for inland customer. Probably it’s a dual pricing issue, when the same product is priced differently for different markets. I (only) guess Dholakia’s snuff is obtainable cheaper in local market. Perhaps you were considered as Western customer, hence charged higher. Did you try contacting Dholakia in any local language? Maybe @newbiesnuffer could give some details about his own experience ordering from Dholakia?
By the way, I suggest you asking Mr. Manit Joshi for some free samples initially (it’s a common practice - Dholakia does send them worldwide).

2 Likes

Volunge, I suspect you are right about the possibility of being charged higher because I am a Westerner. Actually happens quite a bit here as well as in Nepal when I travel there. The man I contacted at Dolakia even agreed that this pricing was based on exported product, not local prices. Silly business model. 6Photo charged me the same low price they charge other local Indian buyers. I just can’t justify paying Dolakia 8000 rupees for an order when I only paid 1500 rupees for an even bigger order from 6Photo. I hope they rethink their business model.

2 Likes

@volunge and @Monk - The Dholakia range of snuffs are wonderful. Especially their traditional ones like sparrow cool, kamal, ganga and manjul. I love everything in 6 photo (except for gold rush). I don’t think the pricing comparisons made here have anything to do with anyone being a westerner or Indian. I am an Indian, and yet, I only came to know snuff is still made in the Indian market (or the world market for that matter) is by reviewing websites. There are not much retail sales in Mumbai (3-4 snuffs available at tobacco stores which are slowly but surely closing down). I get my stock from 6 Photo and Dholakia by contacting them directly. Yes, I agree that Dholakia is charging a lot more, but that is to me as well. But we have to count their own choice of aiming their customers and their structures they adopt around governance. It’s a masses and classes game too in India and companies adopt different strategies. I know for a fact that 6 Photo and Dholakia are popular in India (but sadly, not in cities) and overseas. And I only learnt about snuff 14 months ago. Hence, I am a newbie :wink:

Also, the only snuffs I’ve tried (except for 10 samples of international snuffs sent by a great member here) are from India. When I visit Mr. Snuff or snuffstore, etc. I find the rates for foreign snuffs too expensive more than the shipping (shipping is justified, India is far). I’ve wanted to place an order, but the conversion rate kills me. It is INR 63.83 (as on today) vs USD one (1) dollar. A pound sterling is equal to INR 88.47! Also, I am not sure if Mumbai customs will unnecessary hold any parcel that comes in (need to research laws on that). So I guess it is all about where you are in the world and what you want which is not made there. :) 

1 Like

@Monk Your aforementioned pricing corresponds to Dholakia official price-list. You can find it in this thread: http://snuffhouse.com/discussion/11573/good-news-for-all-dholakia-snuff-lovers
Although dual pricing is common and even legitimate in some parts of the world, I understand your discontent…

Interesting bit of information this.

I think @ newbiesnuffer is loaded with money , will need to double charge him henceforth .
:smiley:

5 Likes

@Monk Thanks for the positive feedback.

At 6 Photo we strive very hard to retain the customers. A satisfied customer will surely bring in more customers.

4 Likes

@sixphoto Your excellent customer service is much appreciated. I hope to be a life long customer. Thank you.

2 Likes

@sixphoto - not loaded with money, but with love for your snuffs, Vikas. Secondly, would you want to overcharge a friend?  :smiley: You’re too kind to do that.

I was referring to the costs having an impact on purchases and hence more reach. Your snuffs have more reach due to that as it caters to all. My friends too cant get enough. 

4 Likes

Just received a very nice sample pack from Dolakia. Still have a few left to try but so far I am loving the Swiss Chocolate, Manjul, and Herbal Cherry! !! Excellent quality snuff. Will be ordering some of these soon.

1 Like

Post deleted. Sorry

1 Like

Not much in the way of Dholakia today on MrSnuff Having tried Cheeta and Afghan White I’m a believer. Now, the Afghan I’m learning actually smells like sh**. I was thinking to myself that hmm there’s a bit of manure smell to this Afghan I’ve been putting myself to bed with. So I went for a walk outside - been finding every time I get some fresh cool air the snuff aromas really come alive. Well it smelled like my dog did his business and I stepped in it. With my Cheeta exhausted and the AW smelling like poop (I’ll flavor it in the mean time, maybe add to my Toque USA Citrus which is becoming my morning pleasure) I’m staring to build another (3rd) MrSnuff order. I have lots of 6 Photo (Love that they’re so active here) due to arrive any day but I’d like to do the full White tour (and not the WoS, which I have and seems awfully unsanitary). I have a couple tins of 41P WH in the cart. What else should I try from Mr Snuff on the white tour? Where can I get Dholakia if not on MrSnuff?