DIY snuff spoons

A while back I bought a lot of 25 pipe nails on ebay for 5.00 hows that for a cheap snuff spoon. edm

I stole an idea from…i believe it was n9inch and use a czech pipe tool for a multipurpose snuff utensil…works awesomely!!!

Recently bent a paperclip into a pseudo-snuff-scoop and wrapped a piece of hemp twine around the handle for kicks. Works great for piling snuff into a snuff box.

I recently made this out of a really think piece of copper with files, hammers and metal snips

I made another spoon, this time out of aluminum. I think it came out pretty good, and works good too… photo IMGP0613.jpg

@Up_to_snuff Nice job on the spoons !!!

Not sure if this counts, but, for awhile I was using the plastic cap that covers the end of a disposable e-cigarette. While certainly lacking in ingenuity and craftsmanship, it was functional and worked out excellently for a while.

Jewelers screwdrivers

I too was planning to make my own. I often carve hawaiian hooks using cow bone i procure from pet store and carve down using dremal tool.

Here’s my spoon it’s made from mesquite using a dremel for the shaping. still need to bees wax it. it’s my little jack-ass and it stands.

I use an old mustard spoon, seems to do the trick.

I always have my pipe tool [German made] on me when out and about.looks simular to this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/121061492227?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&\_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649 except the end of the blade is square and the poker is ergonomically designed for maximum use. At home I use the stainless steel snuff spoon I got at Mr Snuff. https://mrsnuff.com/product\_info.php?cPath=22\_169&products\_id=1538. DYI are awesome and satisfying for the energetic crowd and the artisan at heart.

Here’s my spoon it’s made from mesquite using a dremel for the shaping. still need to bees wax it. it’s my little jack-ass and it stands.

Thats impressive!!! I plan on widdling one myself soon!

I got bored last night so here it is. Went with the standard shape bc I just used a pocket knife and sand paper

It’s made from Japanese Maple

I’ve been trying recently to carve some spoons or pipe tampers to little or no success, here’s a photo of what’s come out so far, some is beach finds some were just from sticks I’ve come across in the park whilst smoking a pipe. The most useful is the one with the metal scoop on it, my favourite looking one is the drift wood with a gnarly end. On a related note a friend of mine who isn’t on the forum has started making snuff spoons, he turns them on his lathe and is sending me one to try out, looks like this: It’s cherry wood and also serves as a tamper. He’s selling them now on Etsy if anyone is interested here. They are around $5 I think. A question I have is how can I make the spoon part more round when I only have knives and sandpaper? Cheers, Ben

3 Likes

I use a cuticle pusher but am in the market for a proper spoon of a similar size. Would prefer a posh silver spoon with a fire breathing dragon engraved upon it. Or maybe a nudie woman with big booby doos :smiley:

2 Likes

I am using a wooden stirrer you get from coffee shops!

1 Like

I am using a wooden stirrer you get from coffee shops!

I still think these make awesome snuff spoons, and free too!

!I still think these make awesome snuff spoons, and free too! And I have found that they can be used most of the tap boxes too!