Silver Dollar Snuff

I’d be willing to try a non-menth version of SD if Rick manages to get them in my local tobacco store. I sent him a email with the info and he’s right on top of it. I hope it works W&E Scotch is all they have around here it would be awesome to see another brand.

@rickcharles606 I was in contact with you some months ago and you helped me get the info for my local Tinderbox store and they did order a box of Silver Dollar Spearmint for me. It is great! I have had Wilsons of Sharrow, McChrystal’s, Poschl and various american scotches and I really love the Silver Dollar’s texture compared to the other brands. The scent is very pleasing as well. I would love it if you would contact my local Tinderbox to see if they would carry some in the store without me requesting special orders of entire boxes. I think the medicated and scotch and maybe also the spearmint and coffee flavors would be good for them to carry. Here’s the info: Tinder Box Cigars at South Park 4400 Sharon Rd, Charlotte NC 28211 (704) 366 - 5164 Thanks for all you do for the US snuff market.

Hey Rick, I just sent you a message. I haven’t had any SD before, but I’m interested in trying it. Hopefully my B&M will order a bunch! Can’t wait to try the Scotch… :smiley:

Got the PM and sent the info off to my sales team, they’re on it. I’ll keep ya posted. Also, sorry for the late reply…I’ve been in Maine working on expanding distribution of Silver Dollar and our snus brands into chains and distributors up there.

Ah man, I was excited until I saw they were menthol. I like it but my nose rejects it. Is there any SD flavors that have no menthol in them?

We’ll have the new Scotch coming soon and it doesn’t have menthol. Also, I’m looking at reducing the touch of menthol in SD…maybe. I’ll talk to Roderick about it tomorrow. The problem is that soooooo many people love it with the menthol. I personally like menthol ONLY in a medicated snuff, and my other snuffs menthol free, but that’s me, lol.

@rickcharles606 I was in contact with you some months ago and you helped me get the info for my local Tinderbox store and they did order a box of Silver Dollar Spearmint for me. It is great! I have had Wilsons of Sharrow, McChrystal’s, Poschl and various american scotches and I really love the Silver Dollar’s texture compared to the other brands. The scent is very pleasing as well. I would love it if you would contact my local Tinderbox to see if they would carry some in the store without me requesting special orders of entire boxes. I think the medicated and scotch and maybe also the spearmint and coffee flavors would be good for them to carry. Here’s the info: Tinder Box Cigars at South Park 4400 Sharon Rd, Charlotte NC 28211 (704) 366 - 5164 Thanks for all you do for the US snuff market.

I’ll speak to them tomorrow. Thanks for the support md363. I find that Silver Dollar is very easy to take as well. Thanks again.

What happened with my store? I really hope they come through…

What happened with my store? I really hope they come through…

nothing yet, I called and left a message. I’ll call again today, but I’ll also get our sales person to follow up.

I think the hint of menthol in the Original and others is awesome. I know some people don’t like menthol, but I’m a happy camper. =D

I think the hint of menthol in the Original and others is awesome. I know some people don’t like menthol, but I’m a happy camper. =D

Glad to hear it, I’m anxious to hear everyone’s opinions on the new flavors in January.

@richcharles606 Thanks rich the tobacco store contacted me and asked which blends I wanted. They said they will email me as soon as they hit the store…real snuff that’s NOT american scotch and I don’t have to order it online…yaaay!

yeah, they let me know today. Glad I could help out, enjoy it!

Bad news… The person you were in contact with emailed me and said the store is concerned no one else will purchase it so they won’t go through with the order :frowning: she offered to order me a case but I declined as anyone will order a case even I could myself. I was looking forward to trying it. I might but some on my next MS order. Thanks anyways Rick

yeah, she told me. Have no fear…I’ll call the store tomorrow and see what I can make happen. I’ve been told that I’m relatively persuasive :slight_smile:

Hey Rick, I just sent you a message. I haven’t had any SD before, but I’m interested in trying it. Hopefully my B&M will order a bunch! Can’t wait to try the Scotch… :smiley:

Got the PM and sent the info off to my sales team, they’re on it. I’ll keep ya posted. Also, sorry for the late reply…I’ve been in Maine working on expanding distribution of Silver Dollar and our snus brands into chains and distributors up there.

Any update on my B&M?

I haven’t heard anything back from sales, but I’ll check today and find out. Let you know.

@rickcharles606 I might suggest marking the top or bottom of the screw top tins, to keep from opening it the wrong way. Happened to me a couple times with the Whiskey and Honey, so I took off the bottom sticker. Just a suggestion, I’m actually about to go purchase some of your line from the local shop that carries it.

@rickcharles606 sorry about the late reply, here is what I like about the current Silver Dollar Tin: 1. it is about the same size as a large american coin so it seems not over large for pants pocket carrying 2. I mostly carry this snuff in pants pockets and the dial-to-open design is not likely to open accidentally and spill 3. If it the tin DID somehow open in my pocket, just a pinch or so would fall out because it is necessary to actually tap the box to get snuff out 4. the gauge of notches on the side make it easier to turn to open when compared to other similar type snuff containers 5. using a color-coded scheme on the labels makes it easier to ID snuff type at just a glance vs. the Touque label which sometimes requires reading, which is an advantage when snuffing & driving. Hope this helps.

@rickcharles606 I’m in the UK, so the bricks and mortar thing doesn’t apply to me. However, I’m interested in what you said about flip top containers. Are you thinking something like the Jaxon’s boxes, or a disposable flip top box that you can actually pinch from? Can anyone comment on the current containers re drying out after first used? Are they any good for the “occasional” snuffs, or really just suited for someone who is going to use it up within a few days of opening?

Thanks so much for the feedback, Gents. Haven’t quite decided which style of tin to add to the line up of Silver Dollar, but some sort of flip top lid is definitely in the works :slight_smile:

@rickcharles606 Please flood Springfield, Illinois with silver dollar (and Toque USA if you have anything to do with that!) Here’s some stores you may want to try working on: Discount Tobacco https://maps.google.com/maps?client=firefox-a&channel=fflb&ie=UTF-8&q=discount+tobacco+springfield+illinois&fb=1&gl=us&hq=discount+tobacco&hnear=0x8875391d24dbd177:0xe72c82eecca86d22,Springfield,+IL&ei=8K2OUuGNCaPG2wW-poCADg&ved=0CKIBEMgT Discount Smoke Shop https://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF-8&q=discount+smoke+shop+springfield+illinois&fb=1&gl=us&hq=discount+smoke+shop&hnear=0x8875391d24dbd177:0xe72c82eecca86d22,Springfield,+IL&ei=-a-OUorxO-ys2AWvmoD4Cw&ved=0CJUBEMgT

both of these shops buy product from us, but I’m not sure if they carry Silver Dollar. I’ll check and let you know, but if you let the manager at one or both of these shops know you’re interested, they will probably pick it up for you :wink:

Also…as an FYI, I’ll be launching the Silver Dollar website in the next few weeks. It will have a store locator that shows each and every location in the US that carries Silver Dollar. The address is, www.silverdollarsnuff.com and I’ll keep everyone posted as we get closer to launch.