A nice snuff tin I bought today.

This snuff tin is made by Skultuna Messingsbruk here in Sweden and they don’t manufacture them anymore. It’s mostly for Swedish snus but the inscription is a poem about nasal snuff…I’m very happy of now being a proud owner of it!

Can you translate the poem for us? =D

Yes @Dogwalla! I will try but it won’t rhyme…Here we go: Many wise take a pinch. It cheers the mind- improves the memory. This tin holds treasures which your nose will praise. Take a pinch when your nose is freezing. Snuff is good in many cases… Well, that was the nearest I could achieve in translation, but in swedish it rhymes like poetry, he he! My nose is now filled with 7 Photo Swami Snuff and I feel like I’m in India…Also I put a photo of my home made wonderful snuff!

1 Like

I attach 2 photos more to show that the tin is made of brass… :smiley:

Because I had wrong light in the first photos…

wow, is Sasa’s heavenly snuff as coarse-ground as it looks?

It’s a beauty–congratulations!

Yes @Mouse! It’s similar to Taxi Red in the same way that you have to showel it up your nose but well in there it stays put and what a Heavenly aroma and it goes on and on like a neverending orgasm of snuffparadise and it’s very longlasting, up to 90 minutes…of pure pleasure. It’s quite moist too. It’s very nice to make ones own nosecandy I tell You!! Have a great time @Mouse I wish You and Happy Snuffing!!

Thank You @erichtered!:smiley: I’m Supercontent with this Beauty and as I said they don’t make them anymore as the last man with the knowhow died and took the knowledge and secrets into the grave with Him. R.I.P Snufftinman…!! And thank You for having contributed with these Beauties to the Snuff Community…(giggle) :smiley: (Y)

Skultuna Brassmill was founded in A.D. 1607 and has always been a deliverer to The Royal Court here in Sweden. In their museum they have Royal snufftins of which one belonged to King Gustav III who reigned in the 1700:ds and they have a couple from the 1600:ds of Royal kind and they all have different pictures and inscriptions and of different shape and size too…I have a photo Snuffalbum at my Facebook site with now 60 photos of snuff, tins and snus and I’m also going to put in photos of Twist and other Chewing Tobacco. All smokeless tobacco products…