Which Toque for the first time?

I’m afraid that shipping to Poland from Toque internet shop would cost too much for me, so I decided to buy some from importer. I have to choose between: - Champagne - Vanilla - Cherry - St. Clemens - Quit - Grapefruit - Absinthe - Peanut Butter - Whisky and Honey I know you’d recommend all of them… :stuck_out_tongue: but the question is which one should I buy first? I had some spends this month on books, so I don’t have the money to try everyone :slight_smile:

Whisky and honey or St.Clemens. I did notice you didn’t order sp extra. order that one and try it. You wont be dissapointed.

I haven’t order anyone yet - these are the ones I have to choose between.

@Viertel I hope the importer sends you a fresh tin as my first Toque experience was not great because the importer I used sent some old product. Since you are limited I would recommend the Quit as the other scents would be amazing if you could get them direct. Quit is not heavily scented so should be able to endure even if it’s not the freshest. In my opinion Grapefruit’s aroma is the most fragile. The Whisky and Honey would be delicious too but I have no idea how it will arrive to you. The Vanilla is excellent too, but again Quit is probably your safest bet. Don’t let the title fool you, it’s a great snuff.

St.Clements , Quit, and Whiskey and Honey. Cannot go wrong with those options.

Whisky and honey i would go for.

I would say Toque Quit is a safe bet, it ages well. :slight_smile:

If you’re a first-time snuffer, Quit, SP Extra and other with the fine-grind base can be quite punishing. I haven’t had the entire range of Toques yet so I can’t say which others are the finer grind.

If you’re uncertain of the freshness, the citrus ones would be the most concenng,so wait on trying the Grapefruit and St. Clements unless you are sure they are fresh. Of that list, I’d recommend Quit, Vanilla, Whiskey & Honey, Cherry and Absinthe in that order. Careful, W&H is a toast!

whiskey and honey, absolutely

I agree with @Xander, Quit and Vanilla would be my first 2 choices followed by Whiskey & Honey.

Thank you all :slight_smile: I’ve wanted only one, but finally I decided to buy St. Clements, Quit and Whisky and Honey. Too hard to choose between so I bought three…

Did you get a quote on shipping? He ships here to USA .I thought it was quite reasonable . But I am not buying books. And I guess if your just ordering one or two the shipping may be more than the snuff.

I think there’s also a minimum order regulation on either Toque or Mister Snuff, and the one that doesn’t charges extra for shipping very small orders. I forget which is which, I usually try to get as much as I think Customs will allow me.

I would honestly consider Natural and/or Special too. I find them one of my favourite “plain” and SP respectively. Never tried Whiskey & Honey and everyone keeps mentioning it. Not sure I will like honey in my nose!

@polly - you should certainly give WH a run - the honey certainly isn’t sweet, nor as dominant as you might think. The toast aspect of the tobacco, along with the whiskey scent really mix well with the honey and offer a wonderful snuff in the nose.

I’d go Crazy George, Espresso, Chocolate and for fun SP Extra for my first go, and get a quit mini bullet. Around the 10 pound mark. No burn, moist and easy to snuff. A+

@snuffbrant thank you! added to my next buy list :slight_smile: