cigars

No cigar thread? seriously I love cigars! anyone had toscanello?

I enjoy a brand from Italy, Toscani is what the box says. I enjoy them as cigars, and also sliced into discs and smoked in a pipe. I also enjoy Parodi & DeNobli.

I enjoy a brand from Italy, Toscani is what the box says. I enjoy them as cigars, and also sliced into discs and smoked in a pipe. I also enjoy Parodi & DeNobli.

I meant Toscani

More of a H. Upmann fellow myself - Any decent perfecto or torpedo cut cigar is alright my me! :wink: Though to be fair I don’t smoke them often; I’d rather break-out the pipe. I did buy some cheapy Mehari’s a few weeks back on a whim, but they aren’t the best.

Being from Italy, I smoke atleast one Toscano (usually Classico) per day. As someone who knows a thing or two about tobacco once said: “The flavour of the Toscano cigar is wonderfully rich and intense” -GL Pease

I smoked them occasionally in the past and I just ordered a bunch of different ones and a humidor to figure out what I like. I’m starting to find that all cigars are not created equal. Robusto is my favorite size.

I’m hooked on cigars myself. It’s taken over a year to find respectable smokes for less than $2 a piece! Don’t get me wrong, the more you spend the better they are, but us working class have to compromise. Snuff and cigars seem to complement one another quite nicely.

1 Like

mmm, i love torpedos. i quite like monte no.2 at the moment, though i more often use the pipes.

mmm, i love torpedos. i quite like monte no.2 at the moment, though i more often use the pipes.

Yeah, although Monte’s aren’t my favourite they are good, #2 is a particullar pleasing shape to me. @perique has put the idea of dark flake [though I think he posted plug] in a nice clay… Guess what I’ll being doing shortly :wink:

@MisterPaul A clay is ideal for plugs and flakes. I can usually get a half hour smoke out of my little clay. Enjoy !!!

Go havana or go home! Montecristo no.3 are my cigar of choice, the no.2 is nice too when I have the time for a longer smoke.

I dont wanna smoke Toscano I just smell them!

I love Cohiba Maduro 5. World would be a happier place if habanos were budget friendly.

Anyone ever make snuff from a dried-out (unsmoked) cigar? How was it?

Have smoked cigars for decades and have several thousand personally in humidors. No, they are NOT all created equal. Yes Cuba makes some very good cigars, but really, there are an incredible array of stupendous smokes being made in the Dominican Republic, Nicaragua and Honduras. LOVE a good full bodied smoke and a good peaty scotch of an evening!!!

1 Like

@Ivan no, but I’ve read here it seems to work out better than grinding pipe tobacco. Also some cigars come packed in a box with loose tobacco leaves which can be used. Ask your local tobacconist if he has some (he might ask for a small cost though, as they also sometimes sell empty cigar boxes).

I like a cigar now and then, and keep a hundred or so around in the humidor. I tend to prefer medium to full hondurans with a maduro wrapper. My favorite smoke is probably a double maduro (oscuro) Punch rothschild. Currently smoking a CAO VR torpedo.

@stogie which whiskys have the most peat and what should I smoke with it?

Well, I like Laphroaig whiskey with say… a Camacho Triple Maduro or Diesel Shorty or maybe a Cain FF. Any number of options, all with nuances.

i agree with stogie here … i havent had a scotch with more peat than laphroig. i think you would want a medium to full bodied stick to go.with it. i might go with rocky patel edge sumatra myself.