What Video Game(s) are You Playing?

@Mr_O Probably wise. However, the ROMs are minute in terms of data size. Sonic for the Genesis is only 224kilobytes. Not mb, kb!

Yeah, that is a lot less than new games. In my situation I might still download some new games too, though. So does downloading and running an emulator on a PSP require some sort of “jailbreaking”?

@Mr_O Yes it does but it’s very, very simple. I used this step by step guide (and downloaded the files via the link he provides in the comments) on YouTube. http://youtu.be/N1J9YsW93FE Edit: Ah, forgot the forum was clever and embedded the video. Here’s the link to the files http://www.mediafire.com/?uqibubce1oy22wx

Thank’s! I’ll check those out during a slower moment. Any issues afterwards with stuff I’ve downloaded from the Playstation Store?

X-COM Enemy Unknown (PC), liked the oldie a lot so i´m trying this new version, so far I like it.

@Mr_O No idea about that, to be honest (I didn’t have anything on there from the PSN myself). Worth researching first. I’d be surprised if there were issues, but check first!

Yeah, some research must be in order. Maybe I should shop for a cheap used 2nd PSP for emulations. So at least the UMD’s will play just fine still, then?

UMDs won’t be a problem at all, but there is a slight possibility that any games you’ve downloaded from the PSN won’t work. I’m sure they’d be fine, but worth checking

OK, I’ll do some homework then. Thank’s for the info!

Just remembered! If you use the hack I linked to above, this is like a ‘soft’ hack. Instead of permanently changing the code in the firmware like previous hacks, this one does…er…something else! What this means is that the official Sony firmware remains on the PSP and you have to re-hack it each time you switch the PSP on (this sounds a pain, but is as simple as selecting a file on the memory card using the PSP itself. It doesn’t lose the hack if you just place it in sleep mode). So, if you find that the PSN games don’t work with the hack running, simply switch the unit off and on again. The hack software stays on the memory card so you can just re-boot that when you want to play your ROMs.

Cool! I might have to try it then!

Still Diablo 3. I play a bit of Mario Kart with my daughter, but once she’s in bed Diablo starts lurking about.

Tetris. But I don’t consider it a video game so much as a lifestyle choice.

Fifa 08. Still in 2013.

I was playing far cry 3 until my ps3 developed the dreaded YLOD I have ordered the fix it kit off ebay and hopefully this will work…please tell me this works!!

i used to have a cfw psp, loved it, went missing though… so annoyed. currently on a trackmania kick.

Halo 4 and CoD MW3 on Xbox 360, also Gears of War 2 and 3

now ive been hit with minecraft addiction again, im on a survival server and built up a decent home etc. its all pretty much one griefer away from destruction though.

Just downloaded “Frozen Synapse” for the iPad. I love these types of tactical strategy games. I can see myself getting addicted to this one.

Just finished blood dragon on xbox 360! That was amazing!