Shipping Times? Delays? Costs? Issues? Customs?

whew…I am glad there is some good news at last! I apologize to all others for the issues. Trust me when I tell you it frustrates me as much as it frustrates you. I am told that at the end of March (the date keeps slipping) we switch to the new inventory management system which means that finally we will have a full physical inventory count. That should take care of all these problems.

Well I recently received an order from Northerner for some Boost WP and luckily only one of the three packages got busted by customs but I had to pay more than I ever did before, so I look on the customs slip and what do I see a $10 handling fee? Those sons of bitches are charging me to go through my shit and rip me off! This is bullshit, customs is getting greedier by the day!

@n9inchnails…I suppose you are in USA… Since it states $dollars…here and there I have read about customs stopping snuff ( I guess snus also ) shipments… I have had 6 packages delivered from ms toque and snuffstore in last 3 months ( been snuffing just over 3 months ) SO MY REAL QUESTION IS … IS IT LEGAL FOR CUSTOMS IN USA TO CONFISCATE A SHIPMENT OF SNUFF ( it is legal )

Those 6 packages… No customs problems

Nope, I’m in Canada

I got my first order in from MRSNUFF two days ago (Wednesday). Put in on the 8th. Shipped on the 11th (Monday) - 9 days no problems with customs. A great transaction. I have normally shied away from purchasing items from overseas if customs could get their knickers in a twist but this transaction was about as smooth as any I have ever had domestically.

This is just a FYI for anyone importing snuff into Canada, particularly Ontario. These are the maximum fees that you can be charged. According to the Excise Act, Federal tobacco tax on manufactured tobacco products other than cigarettes is $2.8925 per 50 grams http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-14.1/page-97.html Provincial tobacco tax (Ontario) 12.35¢ per gram or part gram of cut tobacco http://www.fin.gov.on.ca/en/tax/tt/rates.html A $9.95 handling fee for the privilege of having a customs officer rifle through your package. And lets not forget the 13% HST (sales tax). If you are charged higher duty fees than this, you have the following options listed on this website. http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/import/postal-postale/dispute-contestation-eng.html

Sounds sort of draconian to me…

Draconian…hmm…sounds about right.

Guys, whats the deal importing snuff from US to UK? i want some american scotches without paying those prices on mrsnuff, so how much can a friend bring back after being on holiday without trouble?

Quite a lot, I believe, especially if he’s just bringing it in his luggage and not shipping it. I know I’ve travelled with lots of snuff on me without any problems. Could you call your customs and find out? I’d bet my bottom dollar you can get away with a dozen tins or so no questions asked. RE: shipping times, if anybody’s curious about what times people are getting, my order got to me in about seven or eight business days, and some snuff I traded with a member here arrived in like three business days (customs did open it, they wrote “small packets” on the front).

Guys, whats the deal importing snuff from US to UK? i want some american scotches without paying those prices on mrsnuff, so how much can a friend bring back after being on holiday without trouble?

Snuff would be treated like hand rolling tobacco and other loose tobaccos - 250g is the individual UK allowance. That’s a fairly decent quantity of snuff. Bring more than the allowance without declaring it and the whole lot could be taken - you forfeit your allowance. So, stick within the 250g and all should be fine. No allowance for those under 17. Hope this helps.

Further to the above - I note you say ‘a friend’ would be bringing it. He can’t sell it to you, even at cost price (someone who doesn’t travel has no right to an allowance), so bear that in mind. He can certainly bring it as a present though.

no, hes going for a trip, so he could bring it me back. that sounds great.

Yes, I understand that - but what I’m saying is that he could not accept money from you for it if he brought it back with him. The non-traveller in the equation that I referred to is you.

@Firestarter0 If you want I can buy American snuffs and mail them to you, if it is less for me to ship it to you than mr.snuff. I’ll be living in a part of the US where American Snuff is commonly found, right now I don’t though.

I think what @snuffski… Is trying to say…That would only come into play if customs found snuff ( under total weight of 250 grams ) and asked what he was doing ( or intentions ) with the snuff ( or tobacco ) bringing into the UK …if Firestarter0 friend ( or whoever ) was dumb enough to say , " I was given money to buy it for someone " or say like a complete moron " I AM SELLING IT TO SOMEONE" … Say goodbye to your stash he brought back…HE HAS TO SAY, it’s a present for a friend…is that correct@ snuffski??

Something like that, yes - though of course people don’t always realise it isn’t allowed to buy it for someone at cost, for example. That is not most people’s understanding of selling, as generally people assume that selling must be for profit, so they may quite innocently tell the truth without being so foolish as to just say “I’m selling it”. I’m absolutely not saying he should lie, I’m saying that it’s only allowed for him to bring it as a present - so that’s what he should do. Safest all round. You could always owe him a few beers…

There is no excise duty on snuff (or snus) in the UK. Therefore you should be able to bring upto £390 worth of goods from the USA including snuff, without paying any UK taxes at all.

There is no excise duty on snuff (or snus) in the UK. Therefore you should be able to bring upto £390 worth of goods from the USA including snuff, without paying any UK taxes at all.

Well, the first bit is correct - there is no duty on snuff in the UK, but the second bit is not. For import, snuff and other smokeless tobaccos are subject to the standard limits - 250g from outside the EU. Yes, it’s an anomaly, and no - it doesn’t make sense. It is, however, the actual current situation.