What tin did you open today?

I seen to open tins more often then finishing one.Please share your first impressions Today I opened Dholakia coffee cream- similar to Wow coffee bite but creamier

Wos Apple and Black Currant

Dholakia Swiss Chocolate for the first time and man it was blissful. Sorry Toque but your Chocolate is not one of my favourites, it actually put me off buying the Dholakia because I find it to be a bit like hot chocolate powder. Anyway, the Swiss Chocolate tastes very authentic to me and I love the consistency. If only it were a tin I opened and not a plastic pot, that’s the only thing resembling a complaint.

This evening I opened a lot of tins for the first time - Dholakia Chocolate Rose, Toque Camphor & Clove, Dean Swift Specific, Molens Mettaijer, Viking Blonde, GH Sea Breezes, SG Ma’s Ruin and Gin & Tonic. I am in love with them all. In fact from my new order the only one I haven’t tried yet is WoS Irish Toast 21, and that’s just because I can’t get the blasted thing open…

Finally opened the Irish Toast #21 - had to cut the tin open and decant into another minor WoS tin. First trouble i’ve had with a Wilson’s tin in 5 years… anyway, the snuff is very nice, somewhere between the #20 & #22 in that it is nutty and smoky but still has a tiny scent of SP to it, IMO.

Silver Dollar Spearmint. Haven’t been able to afford to place online orders, but I’m stuck with what we sell at the shop I work at. Considering it’s Silver Dollar and Toque USA, that’s not necessarily a bad thing.

Grand Cairo, in a 10g tin, about 2 YO and hasn’t lost a step…

Packard’s Club Snuff- the dispenser is a love hate thing.Love when it works hate when it don’t. can’t get past the menthol to enjoy the scent. I do like the effect!

Packard’s Club Snuff- the dispenser is a love hate thing.Love when it works hate when it don’t. can’t get past the menthol to enjoy the scent. I do like the effect!

@basement_shaman I keep 2 refilled dispensers with me at ALL times. I mean ALL times! I just woke up a few minutes ago with both of them in my hand. HOPEFULLY I’ll be falling asleep again in a few minutes, and guess where they’ll be? :smiley:

toque quit. I am sure there is rustica in it. It smells like rustica which i used it as dipping for many years.

Viking Brown

SG Firedance. I couldn’t find any reviews online but ordered it partly because I liked the name, and partly because some members here regard it highly. I can see why. A wonderful snuff, with blackberry and vanilla flavours with a hearty tobacco base.

Now for the GH Irish D. It’s almost exactly like a US Scotch. It has that BBQ smokiness to it that other UK toasts don’t.

Peeled off the green tape around the lids of 2 WoS tins ‘Irish coffee’ & ‘Coffee cream’ Part of todays “Coffee challenge” which will be fun.

I did the exact same thing this morning before I even read your post. :smiley:

GH Dry Orange. Very nice. Medium moist, very like Toque Toast & Marmalade without the toast.

GH Dry Orange. Very nice. Medium moist, very like Toque Toast & Marmalade without the toast.

Sounds more like “medium moist orange” to me. :smiley: I had a tap box of that years ago and it was EXTREMELY dry. I think that was the first snuff that I tried that wasn’t an American scotch or a Poschl menthol. Nearly choked to death on it lol.

Found a store in Richmond that sells General Swedish Snus. I bought a couple of cans and opened them yesterday. Pretty much a straight tobacco flavor. They also had pipe tobacco mixed by a local blender. Good quality tobacco and the price was decent (less than $3.00 an ounce). I got the Virginia Blend and Latakia Blend.

SG Toffee. Deep tobacco flavour and a nice but not overpowering toffee scent. @EricJ: I know what you mean. One of the first snuffs I bought when I started about 5 years ago was GH Strawberry in a tap box. I knew no better at the time. It was foul - bone dry and strangely perfumed; it was like sniffing Shake N Vac. Totally put me off all GH snuffs until very recently.

Silver Dollar Blueberry and also Silver Dollar Apricot.

1 Like

SG Gin & Tonic